Thread titleFromLast replied
Now searching...
Neoseeker Forums » » » General Wii U » Nintendo Direct @ E3 2013 Live Blog: Will Mario steal Luigi's spotlight? » Post Reply

Note to Guests: For the enjoyment of other visitors, and to help keep this forum tidy and working smoothly, please make sure you search the forum before posting your question.
REPLY TO A THREAD
Name:* Members, please LOGIN before posting
Email: We use this to display your Gravatar

Sign in with
Subject:*

HTML is not allowed
markup is allowed

Help with markup tags

Enabling Buttons in IE7

Smilies:
  ·all smilies here
:) :P ;) :( :| ;( :D :confused: :cool: :# :o ^_^ :colored: :thick:

hideOriginal Post

Jun 11, 13 at 2:02ambluexy

Nintendo Direct @ E3 2013 Live Blog: Will Mario steal Luigi's spotlight?

Rory Young - Tuesday, June 11, 2013 2:02am (PST) Like Share
Join the discussion for Nintendo's E3 Direct livestream at 7:00 AM PT
 Image 1

Thread Recap (last 10 posts from newest to oldest)

Jun 13, 13 at 3:50pm
Duncan Idaho

Megaman is not a bad adition, i wonder how the adventure mode will evolve this time? iirc the original dint had any, melee had two adventure and all stars mode, and brawl good old epic adventure

Jun 13, 13 at 1:36pm
Dio

Thanks canderson!

quote canderson
Super Mario 3D World - (seems like a mix from 3D Land on 3DS and SMB2 in that you can play as Mario, Peach, Luigi, and Toad), co-op, and will release in December
Major, major disappointment. Was expecting an epic adventure along the lines of Super Mario Galaxy/64/Sunshine. Instead, this game looks like it was designed with multiplayer in mind. And the graphics/art design leaves much to be desired. Kinda looks like a higher resolution 3DS game. I'm sure the game will be fun and all, but it's not really the adventure I was looking forward to.

Mario Kart 8 - introduced some sick anti-gravity feature, releasing in Spring 2014(better looking graphically than the main 3D Mario game, which is sad)
Wow! Definitely one of the highlights for me. Game looks simply amazing! The art design/graphics actually look like a next-generation game. And I'm loving the gravity feature. Wish it was coming out this holiday season, though.

Windwaker HD - lots of new gameplay footage, releasing in October.
Another highlight. The game looks amazing! Celshading and HD go together perfectly! In my opinion, they really didn't need to add faster sailing. People who complain about the sailing really aren't enjoying the full Wind Waker experience. Sitting back and sailing the ocean, listening to the Ocean Theme, and enjoying the scenery were some of my favorite moments from Wind Waker. I for one, WON'T be using the faster sail. Also, I'm a bit disappointed that Nintendo didn't add the original cut content or an extra dungeon.

Retro Studios new game is Donkey Kong Country Tropical Freeze - another 2D platformer like Returns, with Dixie being a playable character - released in October
Seriously? Rare's big-budget, epic, secret title turned out to be a 2D Donkey Kong platformer? Ugh. Where's my Metroid?

Super Smash Bros for 3DS/Wii U - a long ass trailer, Megaman, Animal Crossing Vilager and Wii Fit Trainer are newcomers. Released in 2014.
Smash Bros looks decent. Wasn't really impressed with anything I saw, to be honest. Should be a solid title for Wii U. The 3DS version looks like crap, though.

Zelda: A Link Between Worlds looks great for 3DS. Only reason why I still have a 3DS, to be honest.

All in all, a bit underwhelmed by Nintendo. I understand why they didn't show Zelda Wii U yet, with two Zelda games already coming this year, they didn't want to confuse consumers and jeopardize sales.

Jun 13, 13 at 12:29pm
canderson

quote Dio
Hey guys, I've been away on vacation for the past week or so.

Could someone be nice enough to catch me up on all the major Nintendo news coming from E3 concerning the Wii U/3DS?

Thanks guys. Appreciate it.
Pokemon X and Y - confirmed Fairy Types, introducing Sky Battles, releasing October.
Super Mario 3D World - (seems like a mix from 3D Land on 3DS and SMB2 in that you can play as Mario, Peach, Luigi, and Toad), co-op, and will release in December
Mario Kart 8 - introduced some sick anti-gravity feature, releasing in Spring 2014(better looking graphically than the main 3D Mario game, which is sad)
New Bayonetta 2 Trailer, plus gameplay footage
New X' trailer and gameplay footage
Windwaker HD - lots of new gameplay footage, releasing in October.
Retro Studios new game is Donkey Kong Country Tropical Freeze - another 2D platformer like Returns, with Dixie being a playable character - released in October
Super Smash Bros for 3DS/Wii U - a long ass trailer, Megaman, Animal Crossing Vilager and Wii Fit Trainer are newcomers. Released in 2014.
Wonderful 101 - more footage, released in August

They showed other 3rd parties in a brief slide show,..
There was barely no focus on the 3DS, but there are new E3 trailers on Nintendo's Youtube Channel.

Jun 13, 13 at 12:23pm
Dio

Hey guys, I've been away on vacation for the past week or so.

Could someone be nice enough to catch me up on all the major Nintendo news coming from E3 concerning the Wii U/3DS?

Thanks guys. Appreciate it.

Jun 11, 13 at 4:53pm
batsman

Yup im always up for a donkey kong country game

Jun 11, 13 at 9:00am
Slash

I want the New Smash,X, and DK game. :V

Jun 11, 13 at 8:07am
Big A2

Going back over this thread it looks like I wasn't alone.

Jun 11, 13 at 8:03am
Sonic Flash

quote Big A2
Technical issues abound on my end, but I caught most of it. The stream was behind a few minutes and so just kicked out at the end and I missed Smash Bros. Saw the rest on YouTube. The social stream ruined the Mega Man reveal but it was still amazing. Will watch it all again to see it properly.And hey Bayonetta's new hair is sexy as hell.
Check out the YouTube version out now. Much much better.

Jun 11, 13 at 8:01am
Big A2

Technical issues abound on my end, but I caught most of it. The stream was behind a few minutes and so just kicked out at the end and I missed Smash Bros. Saw the rest on YouTube. The social stream ruined the Mega Man reveal but it was still amazing. Will watch it all again to see it properly.

And hey Bayonetta's new hair is sexy as hell.

Jun 11, 13 at 7:55am
Thrawn

Looks like Boo is heard because of a new Haunted Course. MK8 is looking incredible, though that gravity stuff will take getting used to.