Thread titleFromLast replied
Now searching...
Neoseeker Forums » » » Legacy of Kain: Soul Reaver » Square Enix confirms War for Nosgoth in development, but it's not a traditional Legacy of Kain » Post Reply

Note to Guests: For the enjoyment of other visitors, and to help keep this forum tidy and working smoothly, please make sure you search the forum before posting your question.
REPLY TO A THREAD
Name:* Members, please LOGIN before posting
Email: We use this to display your Gravatar

Sign in with
Subject:*

HTML is not allowed
markup is allowed

Help with markup tags

Enabling Buttons in IE7

Smilies:
  ·all smilies here
:) :P ;) :( :| ;( :D :confused: :cool: :# :o ^_^ :colored: :thick:

hideOriginal Post

Jun 07, 13 at 4:33pmbluexy

Square Enix confirms War for Nosgoth in development, but it's not a traditional Legacy of Kain

Rory Young - Friday, June 7, 2013 4:33pm (PST) Like Share
It's not a single-player game either
 Image 1

Thread Recap (last 10 posts from newest to oldest)

Jul 04, 13 at 7:15am
Psy8ern3t1k

just a few passing comments... There are a total of 5 games in the LoK series beginning with the first Blood Omen game; not 4. Also, i cant be the only one who thinks that the original LoK series needs to be re-released in HD graphics, on one disc, as a HUGE LoK game. I think since Crystal Dynamics is done w/ the new Tomb Raider, this should be their next project!

Jun 28, 13 at 4:43pm
ghost_of_starscream

quote Duncan Idaho
quote ghost_of_starscream
I miss eidos already.

way to f up these classicly awesome games.

like hell ima buy that steaming pile of dung.
Except eidos has nothing to do with this saga and it was all crystal dynamics?
technically it was silicon knights. until crystal dynamics stole the I.P. from soul reaver on.

I just meant squeenix is notorious for messing up games. eidos was way cooler. (hitman, perfect example)

Jun 27, 13 at 8:10pm
gab

Ther called hyldin. no hayden... XD there leader is hash a gik. Basicaly defeated by the ancient vampires and banished but not beforr cursing them for a thirst for blood and the elder god disowned them because they were immortal and that fact made them go crazy all while the hydil were plotting there escapr

Jun 10, 13 at 5:15am
bobika

and i think this could be a prequel for a time period we're told of but never see. hayden vs vampires or kain vs humans? they're the 2 big wars for nosgoth that i can remember

Jun 10, 13 at 5:12am
bobika

erm guys the elder god didn't die, at all. he retreated from kain before kain watched the pillars destruction from afar.

Jun 09, 13 at 7:30am
Duncan Idaho

quote ghost_of_starscream
I miss eidos already.

Except eidos has nothing to do with this saga and it was all crystal dynamics?

Jun 08, 13 at 10:59pm
ghost_of_starscream

I miss eidos already.

Jun 08, 13 at 10:50am
Duncan Idaho

quote bluexy
Duncan Idaho Well said. Basically the question on my mind is whether this is just an attempt to exploit the brand or if they're trying to reopen that door for a new series.

So very odd.
The only thread i could argue SE could use if they want to keep LoK intact are the Hayden, their backstory is not explored nor is the original vampire race background, those two are big question marks, however there is the posibility of a continuity reboot or alternate timeline given how much the timy whimey ball was thrown around in the four games.

Jun 08, 13 at 9:32am
bluexy

Duncan Idaho Well said. Basically the question on my mind is whether this is just an attempt to exploit the brand or if they're trying to reopen that door for a new series.

So very odd.

Jun 08, 13 at 9:30am
Duncan Idaho

as gamefaqs dummies would say RUINED 4EVAH, in a more serious *and* sensible note, this seems intresting despite LoK being a finished series, the elder god is death, Raziel is where he belongs, so is Cain who was purified and became the actual guardian of Balance, and not only that he was turned onto a more... sensible being if his end dialogue is anything to go by.