Thread titleFromLast replied
Now searching...
Neoseeker Forums » » » The Legend of Dragoon » The final boss was nerfed...... anyone else think that was disappointing? » Post Reply

Note to Guests: For the enjoyment of other visitors, and to help keep this forum tidy and working smoothly, please make sure you search the forum before posting your question.
REPLY TO A THREAD
Name:* Members, please LOGIN before posting
Email: We use this to display your Gravatar

Sign in with
Subject:*

HTML is not allowed
markup is allowed

Help with markup tags

Enabling Buttons in IE7

Smilies:
  ·all smilies here
:) :P ;) :( :| ;( :D :confused: :cool: :# :o ^_^ :colored: :thick:

hideOriginal Post

May 28, 13 at 4:52pmHadesama

The final boss of this game, was the Virage Embryo The God of Destruction. However, when you finally fight it, you basically just fight a half-assed not even fully mature form.

Let me explain:

During the game we are said that the Virage is formed by 2 things, its body sealed in the Moon That Never Sets and its soul. The soul was Shana and we are told in the game that the Moon was not its real body but was basically the final egg from which he would emerge. About the soul it played an important factor, because we are told that during the Winglies dictatorship they used the Virage's soul in a crystal staff that gave them infinite magic, Shana showed some of this power as well, during some instances in the game when she was in true danger she would release the Embryo's power which would automatically kill anything that threatened her.

However now lets look at the final fight:

Neither the soul or the body of the Virage was there, we basically fight a fetus of it. Melbu posses the body of the Embryo, not Shana its soul which was stated to have infinite magic and showed it so right there we have a nerf since thanks to not having its true soul it won't be able to use its abilities to its fullest extent. Then as for its body Dart and his friends fight him when he is still inside the egg preparing to be born, in other words the Virage is never given the ability to even be born properly. I thought that when the final fight came they would fight it properly, but instead all we got was a half-assed version where the final villain basically fought in its fetus form with its magical abilities nerfed as well because of not having its true soul which had its magic.

Thread Recap (last 10 posts from newest to oldest)

Oct 14, 13 at 2:00am
Mrgrimmz

I wouldn't say Melbu was nerfed. I mean; it really depends on your level to be honest. If you're the highest level & hitting the Blazing Dynamo with ease each time and everyone is Lvl 5 Dragoon, and Divine Dragon Cannon is spammed; yeah he's easy. But if you're not a grinder, he can be hard; if Rose is level 2 Dragoon & you're not good with high rank additions; it's gonna be difficult, I watched a friend using Meru, Dart & Albert lose multiple times until he finally took my advice and leveled up more. I can easily beat him, but that's because I get to the highest levels & use the best additions to gain SP & morph. Nerfed though? Eh not imo.

Jun 03, 13 at 8:35pm
Hadesama

quote Corruption
Except if the Virage Embryo is allowed to mature, Shana doesn't have it's powers anymore seeing as allowing it to mature basically means it's soul and body are completely united. For that matter, if that happened, Shana probably wouldn't even exist anymore. But if she still lived, she'd be worthless. No dragoon, no Virage powers anymore.
The Virage could have madured with Melbu instead and it was working since the thing was starting to go through transformations. Shana wouldn't have lost her powers with that.

My guess is that if it had been Shana as the Virage it would had matured and hatched immediatly rather than having to go through transformations.

May 30, 13 at 11:38am
pika25

quote Corruption
quote pika25
I know one character that got unnecessarily nerfed, and I'm not too happy about that.
We all wish Zieg was playable.
I wasn't talking about that.

May 29, 13 at 8:48pm
Corruption

Except if the Virage Embryo is allowed to mature, Shana doesn't have it's powers anymore seeing as allowing it to mature basically means it's soul and body are completely united. For that matter, if that happened, Shana probably wouldn't even exist anymore. But if she still lived, she'd be worthless. No dragoon, no Virage powers anymore.

May 29, 13 at 8:03pm
Hadesama1

quote Corruption
And how do you expect the good guys would have won if the Virage were allowed to mature? A being of unstoppable power that, as you said, when Shana used a fraction of its power, instantly killed anything that threatened her.

It's called strategy. This game isn't DBZ, the protagonists aren't morons who are going to politely wait for an enemy capable of wrecking the world to reach full strength.

Melbu Frahma was still more or less a god and far more powerful than anything else encountered. Really don't know why you're complaining other than just for the sake of complaining.
Well a way could had been allow it to hatch and then have Shana in your party and be able to use her VE power, that would had been a credible way to defeat it, have him hatch and even allow Melbu by fully merging with the now mature form to use the inifnite magic ability of the Virage and its abilities to its full extent.

Shana could had been used as a booster for all the characters or something with her incredible magic, this would as well have made the 108th species part of the solution by evolving into the human species (in the form of Shana) and fighting for life rather than just a mindless beast. That would had been a way to defeat it I guess.

May 29, 13 at 7:06am
OMEGAMI

I don't really care if the final boss was nerfed for the sake of them winning, what I care for is the challenge that they put into the final boss, and that one was poor.
I expected a harder fight, I prepared for that fight thinking that it was going to be the hardest fight in the game (didn't know about Faust) and I ended up massacring the poor bastard, not a single healing potion was used.

It's almost as if the developers fell asleep and didn't realized how powerful one can be at this time of the game.

May 29, 13 at 6:32am
Corruption

quote pika25
I know one character that got unnecessarily nerfed, and I'm not too happy about that.
We all wish Zieg was playable.

May 28, 13 at 7:00pm
pika25

Well, what's your plan on dealing with a 42000+ HP enemy?

May 28, 13 at 5:17pm
Corruption

And how do you expect the good guys would have won if the Virage were allowed to mature? A being of unstoppable power that, as you said, when Shana used a fraction of its power, instantly killed anything that threatened her.

It's called strategy. This game isn't DBZ, the protagonists aren't morons who are going to politely wait for an enemy capable of wrecking the world to reach full strength.

Melbu Frahma was still more or less a god and far more powerful than anything else encountered. Really don't know why you're complaining other than just for the sake of complaining.

May 28, 13 at 4:52pm
Hadesama

The final boss of this game, was the Virage Embryo The God of Destruction. However, when you finally fight it, you basically just fight a half-assed not even fully mature form.

Let me explain:

During the game we are said that the Virage is formed by 2 things, its body sealed in the Moon That Never Sets and its soul. The soul was Shana and we are told in the game that the Moon was not its real body but was basically the final egg from which he would emerge. About the soul it played an important factor, because we are told that during the Winglies dictatorship they used the Virage's soul in a crystal staff that gave them infinite magic, Shana showed some of this power as well, during some instances in the game when she was in true danger she would release the Embryo's power which would automatically kill anything that threatened her.

However now lets look at the final fight:

Neither the soul or the body of the Virage was there, we basically fight a fetus of it. Melbu posses the body of the Embryo, not Shana its soul which was stated to have infinite magic and showed it so right there we have a nerf since thanks to not having its true soul it won't be able to use its abilities to its fullest extent. Then as for its body Dart and his friends fight him when he is still inside the egg preparing to be born, in other words the Virage is never given the ability to even be born properly. I thought that when the final fight came they would fight it properly, but instead all we got was a half-assed version where the final villain basically fought in its fetus form with its magical abilities nerfed as well because of not having its true soul which had its magic.