Thread titleFromLast replied
Now searching...
Neoseeker Forums » » » » Fire Emblem: Awakening » Fire Emblem Mafia II - End: Yllise Wins! But Grima ate everyone anyway. » Post Reply

Note to Guests: Thanks for posting at the Fire Emblem: Awakening forum!
REPLY TO A THREAD
Name:* Members, please LOGIN before posting
Email: We use this to display your Gravatar

Sign in with
Subject:*

HTML is not allowed
markup is allowed

Help with markup tags

Enabling Buttons in IE7

Smilies:
  ·all smilies here
:) :P ;) :( :| ;( :D :confused: :cool: :# :o ^_^ :colored: :thick:
Community Badges

Join to get access to all the badges!

Armads Falchion Blessed Bow Brave Axe Durandal Fire Tome Flux Tome Killer Axe Killer Bow Killer Lance Killing Edge Lightening Tome Mani Katti Nidhogg Ragnell Rapier Siegmund Silver Axe Silver Bow Silver Lance Silver Sword Sol Katti Thunder Tome Tomahawk Vidofnir Wind Tome

hideOriginal Post

May 26, 13 at 9:33pmPheonyx

Welcome to Mafia, Fire Emblem Awakening edition!

What is mafia?
Mafia is a game that pits the town, an uninformed majority, against the mafia, the informed few.

The Town (Ylisse)

Most players will be Ylissian aligned. These players will not know who each other are, and their goal is to find and kill the Plegian aligned players, usually through daytime lynchings.

The Mafia (Plegia)
A few players will be Plegian aligned. These players will know who each other are and can communicate outside of the thread. Their goal is to reduce the number of Ylissian aligned players to less than the number of alive Plegian aligned members. This is usually done by night-time kills, and tricking the Ylissian aligned players into lynching other Ylissians.

Other Parties (???)
In addition to Ylissians and Plegians, there may be other alignments. What they do and how they win varies from game to game.

Game Flow
The game is divided up into Day and Night phases. Different actions occur during different phases.

Day Phase: During the day, all players discuss and vote on who to lynch. A lynch is carried out when the majority of remaining players have decided on a lynch target. You may vote for anyone at any time, and may change your vote at any time. Please format your vote as such:

Vote: Pheonyx
for your first vote of the day.

Change Vote: Pheonyx
when you change your vote.

You may also vote for a No Lynch if you do not want to lynch anyone that day phase.

Day phases last 48 hours, or until a majority is reached. If no majority is reached by the end of the day phase, then no one will be lynched.

Night Phase: During the night phase, players send in their Night Actions. Your night action depends on what role you receive at the beginning of the game. After all actions are sent in, the game master will give a writeup of what conspired in the night.

Send in your night action in the following format:
Kill: Pheonyx
Protect: Pheonyx
Investigate: Pheonyx
etc.
Your exact ability will be given to you in your role.

Night phases last 24 hours.

Roles
Your role will be given to you at the start of the game. It will include your character's name and description, alignment, and ability. Your role will look something like this:

You are Naga: Gods Aligned Divine Dragon

The description of your character goes here.

You are a goddess, and each night you may Modkill someone who isn't playing by the rules.

Any additional information about your role goes here, including players you may communicate with or different win conditions.
Endgame
The game ends when either the Ylissians win by killing all of the Plegians, the Plegians win by killing most of the Ylissians, or when a third party reaches their win condition. Sometimes the game may continue after either the Ylissians or Plegians have won if a third party still has a chance to complete their win condition.

Other Important Rules
Roleclaiming: A roleclaim is when you quote the first (and ONLY first) line of your role in order to prove who you are. Roleclaims look like this:
You are Naga: Gods Aligned Divine Dragon
Note that there are no rules that regulate roleclaims. It is completely legal to modify or fake a roleclaim.

Modkills

A Modkill is when the GM has to step in and kill a member due to them violating one this game’s four rules:

1. Do not talk about the game outside of the thread with people you aren’t allowed to (I.e. any other player). This extends to any possible PM thread that may originate from the game.

2. Do not edit or delete your posts. Just like in real life, once you’ve said something, you’ve said it – no take-backsies. If you need to say something else or clarify a certain point, you are allowed to double post.

3. Do not quote anything from another member or the GM’s Private Messages to you in-thread without their permission, with the exception of your character name and alignment.

4. Do not disclose ANY information about the game (your power, the results of your night actions, the identity of your teammate(s), etc.) after your death has been confirmed in a write-up.

If the current Game Master deems that one or more of these rules were broken, he or she may modkill at discretion. Beyond these restrictions, anything goes (all forum rules still apply).

Additionally, you will be modkilled if you are absent from the proceedings (either in-thread or from night actions) for four consecutive phases – that’s about a week IRL. Being active in the proceedings does not include one post every five days simply saying you are busy. If you’re going to be away for a while, say so ahead of time in-thread to avoid receiving a Modkill. Alternatively, you may simply send a PM to the Game Master to notify them that you are still paying attention, but aren't acting/speaking for strategic reasons.

Be Polite

No one likes a douchebag, lets refrain from 'LOL YOU ARE *bleep*IN' TERRIBLE' and 'X IS OBV SCUM VOTE HIM YOU STUPID MORONS'.

Be efficient

Don't just sign up then disappear off the face of the Earth, being silent for strategic reasons is fine and all that, but never sending a move in? Not so much, if you're not gonna move, PLEASE send No Action. Lastly, make an effort, don't just kick your feet up and let the game play itself, if you can't think of anything that's fine, but maybe you'd be able to see something if you tried.

The hyhae Rule

If you intentionally get yourself Modkilled to prove to the other Players the alignment of your teammate(s), then your teammate(s) will be Modkilled as well (only you will receive a Warning). You are still allowed to prove your teammates alignment be getting yourself killed legally, such as by intentionally getting yourself Lynched, or requesting that someone Kill you during a Night Phase.

If you are Modkilled, then whatever action or vote you would've taken that phase will be invalidated.

Replacements

If you want to sign up after a game has started, you may sign up to be a replacement. Replacements will be called upon if a player is absent from proceedings. If you know you will be gone or too busy, please ask to GM to replace you.

Further Questions

If you’ve any questions about game progression in general, ask in-thread so that someone may assist you as soon as possible. Questions specifically about your role or ability works should be PM’d directly to the GM. Suggestions concerning things to be done in future rounds may be PM’d to the GM or posted in-thread, whichever you prefer.

Thread Recap (last 10 posts from newest to oldest)

Jul 17, 13 at 1:42pm
bbb7002004

Signup thread is ready.

Jul 17, 13 at 12:50pm
Pheonyx

quote bbb7002004
Pheonyx

If you want a break I can run a game. I've had one in the back of my head for a bit now that should be pretty fun.
Please, go right ahead.

Jul 17, 13 at 8:14am
bbb7002004

Pheonyx

If you want a break I can run a game. I've had one in the back of my head for a bit now that should be pretty fun.

Jul 16, 13 at 7:46pm
Pheonyx

Ah, maybe in a bit. I needed a break. If there's still enough people who want to play again, I could probably host another game in a week or so.

Jul 16, 13 at 2:46pm
florafauna

Hm. That didn't work.
Pheonyx-
*yell*
ARE WE HAVING ANOTHER GAME?

Jul 08, 13 at 2:10am
ssbm freak

quote Insanity Prevails
Poor ssbm freak never did learn the secret of his special dance. ;_;
;-;

Jul 07, 13 at 1:15pm
Ropnap

quote Insanity Prevails
I feel guilty. >_>

Soooo Pheonyx, are we having another game?

Jul 05, 13 at 11:39pm
Insanity Prevails

Jul 05, 13 at 7:12pm
florafauna

Note to future Morgans: Swordsmaster is a good choice. It saved me from Walhart that one time.
Anyways, that was awesome. Until I died. But whatever. Sign me up next!
But seriously, Grima? Eating everybody? You're no fun.

Jul 05, 13 at 4:18pm
Pheonyx

Oh right, must of copied that from an early version of the role list.