Thread titleFromLast replied
Now searching...
Neoseeker Forums » » » » Fire Emblem: Awakening » DLC recommendations » Post Reply

Note to Guests: Thanks for posting at the Fire Emblem: Awakening forum!
REPLY TO A THREAD
Name:* Members, please LOGIN before posting
Email: We use this to display your Gravatar

Sign in with
Subject:*

HTML is not allowed
markup is allowed

Help with markup tags

Enabling Buttons in IE7

Smilies:
  ·all smilies here
:) :P ;) :( :| ;( :D :confused: :cool: :# :o ^_^ :colored: :thick:
Community Badges

Join to get access to all the badges!

Armads Falchion Blessed Bow Brave Axe Durandal Fire Tome Flux Tome Killer Axe Killer Bow Killer Lance Killing Edge Lightening Tome Mani Katti Nidhogg Ragnell Rapier Siegmund Silver Axe Silver Bow Silver Lance Silver Sword Sol Katti Thunder Tome Tomahawk Vidofnir Wind Tome

hideOriginal Post

May 22, 13 at 5:13pmThe Blazing Shadow

I was just about to put $20 on my account and I have yet to buy the Smash, Scramble, Challenge and Future Past Packs. Unfortunately, $20 would only get me at least 2 probably 3 packs. I know for sure I'm going to get Smash to complete my character roster, but all three of the other packs sound equally interesting to me. Having said that, which pack would you recommend I hold off on?

Thread Recap (last 10 posts from newest to oldest)

May 24, 13 at 5:38pm
Paragon189

Thrawn I agree. If you have money problems or want a challenge or want Katarina, go for Apotheosis. I definitely recommend it.

May 24, 13 at 2:36pm
Thrawn

Rouges and Redeemers 3 is the best DLC map you can buy imo, just because of Limit Breaker.

May 24, 13 at 2:13pm
Paragon189

What was Death's Embrace.
I have Rogues and Redeemers 3, Lost Bloodlines 2, and Apotheosis. They're all really good DLC with really good rewards.

May 23, 13 at 6:06pm
The Blazing Shadow

what I bought was the Scramble Pack, Death's Embrace and Apotheosis

Haven't played Hot Springs or Apotheosis, yet, but I was very satisfied with Death's Embrace (which had a very interesting map and storyline, IMO) and the other two scramble maps.

May 23, 13 at 4:57pm
Paragon189

Go buy any you like. There isn't really any you have to buy, but I highly suggest Lost Bloodlines 2, Rogues and Redeemers 3, and Apotheosis(the strongest one's name.)

May 23, 13 at 4:25pm
Thrawn

quote The Blazing Shadow
I was just about to put $20 on my account and I have yet to buy the Smash, Scramble, Challenge and Future Past Packs. Unfortunately, $20 would only get me at least 2 probably 3 packs. I know for sure I'm going to get Smash to complete my character roster, but all three of the other packs sound equally interesting to me. Having said that, which pack would you recommend I hold off on?
I personally haven't purchased any of the packs that you speak of in this post so I can't really say. But overall I would say to buy any that may give you skills or items.

May 23, 13 at 1:45pm
Paragon189

quote PikaPower
Paragon189
I wasn't being sarcastic. I just never bought DLC before.
Alright, sorry about that then.
Oh, and no problem. I'd be more than happy to help at any time.

May 23, 13 at 1:22pm
GameOver

Paragon189
I wasn't being sarcastic. I just never bought DLC before.

May 23, 13 at 12:40pm
Paragon189

quote PikaPower
When you buy DLC, does it stay for all of your save files? Or that specific one? (Thanks for answering my questions)
Don't know if you're being sarcastic there. If you buy DLC, it saves on all your save files.

quote The Blazing Shadow
Well, I was leaning towards future past until I checked out the rewards at Serenes. Apparantly, the challenge packs allow recruitment of Palla, Catria and Est. (only interested in Est, honestly)

Also, Apotheosis apparently just came out today, as well, which offers Katarina. The difficulty is also really up there, as well.

Those rewards are mouth-watering, honestly. I also haven't unlocked all the children yet. I'm thinking of holding off on it, honestly.

I've made up my mind. I'm going to buy Apotheosis and IF I have enough left over, which I don't think I will, I'll buy the Challenge Pack. If not, I'll buy the challenge map that offers Est and buy the two others separately, later. I know I didn't take anyone's suggestions, but they really helped me steer my mind in the right direction towards what I wanted, so thanks for the feedback.

Thrawn, do you think you could leave this thread open as a general DLC discussion thread? Maybe even sticky it?
I'm definitely getting Apotheosis. I'll have around 10 bucks left, and I'll probably spend it on some other DLC.

May 23, 13 at 11:16am
The Blazing Shadow

quote Thigas
Don't remember. Do they have rewards?
Well, I was leaning towards future past until I checked out the rewards at Serenes. Apparantly, the challenge packs allow recruitment of Palla, Catria and Est. (only interested in Est, honestly)

Also, Apotheosis apparently just came out today, as well, which offers Katarina. The difficulty is also really up there, as well.

Those rewards are mouth-watering, honestly. I also haven't unlocked all the children yet. I'm thinking of holding off on it, honestly.

I've made up my mind. I'm going to buy Apotheosis and IF I have enough left over, which I don't think I will, I'll buy the Challenge Pack. If not, I'll buy the challenge map that offers Est and buy the two others separately, later. I know I didn't take anyone's suggestions, but they really helped me steer my mind in the right direction towards what I wanted, so thanks for the feedback.

Thrawn, do you think you could leave this thread open as a general DLC discussion thread? Maybe even sticky it?