Thread titleFromLast replied
Now searching...
Neoseeker Forums » » » Dragon's Dogma » Apologies if this is the 1000th or so topic about this but... » Post Reply

Note to Guests: For the enjoyment of other visitors, and to help keep this forum tidy and working smoothly, please make sure you search the forum before posting your question.
REPLY TO A THREAD
Name:* Members, please LOGIN before posting
Email: We use this to display your Gravatar

Sign in with
Subject:*

HTML is not allowed
markup is allowed

Help with markup tags

Enabling Buttons in IE7

Smilies:
  ·all smilies here
:) :P ;) :( :| ;( :D :confused: :cool: :# :o ^_^ :colored: :thick:

Thread Recap (last 10 posts from newest to oldest)

May 19, 13 at 6:24pm
melchaios

From my experience, the things you get from cursed gear aren't pinpoint specific to your vocation. For instance, I'm a warrior and my main pawn is a mage, and although some items I get are useful to me and my pawn (2 h swords, ring that improves anodyne, etc), some of them are fit for other fighter and mage classes:
- I've got 2 maces so far --> MK only
- I've got 3 archystaffs too --> sorceror only
- I've also got a knife or 2 --> probably aiming at assassin, since it's a fighter hybrid

That means the equipment you'll get will be linked to one of the 3 basic vocation groups, a.k.a. the fighter cluster, the strider cluster, the mage cluster. Purifying cursed armor sets seems like a safer bet too, taking into account that most armors are interchangeable between classes.

And yes, it's imposible to get a specific piece of gear. Even when I changed my pawn to warrior vocation so i could get specific gear, I still got MK maces and assassin stuff every now and then; It did help to some degree, since I stoped getting mage related gear, effectively narrowing the possibilities of getting useless items

May 18, 13 at 4:58pm
Largerock

I see. Thanks for the reply.

Also, would being a Solo-only character affect anything?

May 18, 13 at 3:02pm
Wariyaka

Skill rings (and weapons and armor) from cursed armor depend on your and your pawns vocation.
You can not change what skills a given ring boosts for a certain vocation but if you suicide, change vocations and uncurse again you might get a different ring albeit for a different vocation.
Seems some cursed gear/armor/weapons can be up to 3 different things depending on your and your pawns vocation. Some stuff appear fixed but those things in turn seem to not be vocation dependent.

And no, you can not be guaranteed a certain piece from cursed stuff.

May 18, 13 at 3:48am
BullFish

From my experiences it is completely random. I am also interested if there is a way to guarantee a certain ring.

May 18, 13 at 2:53am
Largerock

Is there some sorta system on getting the "Skill Rings" that upgrade your skills in Dark Arisen? I once heard something like it depends on your vocation but I don't fully understand.