Thread titleFromLast replied
Now searching...
Neoseeker Forums » » » Saints Row IV » Saints Row IV - Pax Demo (US Version) » Post Reply

Note to Guests: For the enjoyment of other visitors, and to help keep this forum tidy and working smoothly, please make sure you search the forum before posting your question.
REPLY TO A THREAD
Name:* Members, please LOGIN before posting
Email: We use this to display your Gravatar

Sign in with
Subject:*

HTML is not allowed
markup is allowed

Help with markup tags

Enabling Buttons in IE7

Smilies:
  ·all smilies here
:) :P ;) :( :| ;( :D :confused: :cool: :# :o ^_^ :colored: :thick:

hideOriginal Post

May 09, 13 at 7:24amChiroVette

Hey everyone, here ya go!

This demo, with developer commentary, looks sick!

Enjoy!

Thread Recap (last 10 posts from newest to oldest)

Jul 16, 13 at 8:07pm
TripleDX

discussion is abit old but ill reply anyway, im with Chiro on the whole GTA IV, that game was extremely boring (for me). I played it twice, to pick the other options and that was enough for me, with SR you can stir shit up with gangs and have big Olegs run after you and still live to tell the tale, can tell you the laughs i had while blowing up the Morning Star cars over and over

but i can see why people loved GTA IV though

Jun 14, 13 at 10:07am
HilaryDuffGta

Im with good old Chiro on this one, give me just bats*** insane crazy stuff to do in SR4 and im a happy camper.just curious did they ever announce if you can import your character from SR3 at all??

EDIT: Never mind on the question was watching a SR4 gameplay video on a site and got the answer to my question during the video! so yay for importing your character for sure,cant wait to bring in my Gothic Cheerleader

May 26, 13 at 7:12am
Roy

I really don't like the aliens in this game, I would of rather seen more gangs just like there were in Saints Row 2, instead of just the Morningstar, Deckers, and Luchadores being the main 3, with of course the others as well. I remember there were like six or five actual gangs in Saints Row 2, not including police or any other groups.

May 14, 13 at 1:46pm
ChiroVette

I hear you. We are opposites, Coi Cki. Of all the games in my collection, and that includes PS2 games and lol Gamecube games (Hmmm still can't believe I haven't given that console away yet!) I would rather go back to playing literally anything other than GTA IV. Hell, the PSP GTA games are more to my liking than IV. Man, I found that game absolutely boring to tears.

May 14, 13 at 1:42pm
Coi Cki

I'm the exact opposite, ChiroVette. Saints Row 2, for me, is a lot better than The 3rd. I did one playthrough of SR3, and that was enough. SR2, I went through 3 times. GTAIV, I'm now doing my 4th playthrough. And I play it rather than GTAIII and SA, both of which I have on my PS3.

After seeing the direction they're taking SRIV, there's no way I'll be getting it. I'll stick to GTAIV, until V gets released.

May 14, 13 at 12:55pm
ChiroVette

quote Bergin
Really? Aliens and Mechs? Dubstep and inflator guns?

I thought you liked these games to be at least partially based in reality, ChiroVette.

To each their own but this sealed the deal for me that this isn't a game I'm interested in. I was tentatively interested before but it doesn't appeal to me for whatever reason. I'm sure the fans of the series will have a blast with it, though.
Nah, I want the game totally batshit crazy. That's one of the main reasons I hated GTA IV so much, because it was so realistic and everything felt all heavy and weighed down with "realism." SR3 is amazing, the best SR to date (and I love SR and SR2 as well) but I love that this game is releasing right before GTA V and will be virtually the antithesis. Don't get me wrong, GTA V looks like it's going to have its share of wild over the top action, too. But with Volition taking the SR series in the completely opposite direction of GTA, it gives gamers the sandbox choice between GTA and what has now sort of become the Anti-GTA. And I have the feeling both will be awesome games for completely different reasons. I guess my feeling of it is that I see what Rockstar is looking like they are doing with GTA V and it looks awesome. But this way, we have two sandbox games: GTA and a game that is just so "not GTA."

There is a very good chance I will thoroughly enjoy both games.

May 12, 13 at 1:13pm
BlackLabel

quote Bergin
To each their own but this sealed the deal for me that this isn't a game I'm interested in. I was tentatively interested before but it doesn't appeal to me for whatever reason. I'm sure the fans of the series will have a blast with it, though.
Depends. I mean if people thought GTA IV was divisive within its fan-base this could be similar. I've been reading online that a lot of Saints Row fans don't want this game, they want the game to return to what it was like in Saints Row 2. I think it's a 50/50 split right now between fans of the series that want this game and those that don't.

May 12, 13 at 12:22pm
Coi Cki

Yep... I'm a fan of SR2. This one... No thanks. Too much is too much.
I'll definitely, and defiantly, avoid SRIV...

May 12, 13 at 6:05am
Bergin

Really? Aliens and Mechs? Dubstep and inflator guns?

I thought you liked these games to be at least partially based in reality, ChiroVette.

May 09, 13 at 7:24am
ChiroVette

Hey everyone, here ya go!

This demo, with developer commentary, looks sick!

Enjoy!