Thread titleFromLast replied
Now searching...
Neoseeker Forums » » » » The Legend of Zelda: A Link Between Worlds » Dark World to Make A Return » Post Reply

Note to Guests: For the enjoyment of other visitors, and to help keep this forum tidy and working smoothly, please make sure you search the forum before posting your question.
REPLY TO A THREAD
Name:* Members, please LOGIN before posting
Email: We use this to display your Gravatar

Sign in with
Subject:*

HTML is not allowed
markup is allowed

Help with markup tags

Enabling Buttons in IE7

Smilies:
  ·all smilies here
:) :P ;) :( :| ;( :D :confused: :cool: :# :o ^_^ :colored: :thick:
Community Badges

Join to get access to all the badges!

Wooden Shield Beedle Boomerang Bow and Arrow Cucco Cat Clawshot Dark Triforce Deku Shield Power Din Ezlo Courage Farore Forest Minish Defeated Link Hero Bow Hookshot Blue Rupee Link Link Master Sword Minish Link Navi Wisdom Nayru Pendant of Courage Pendant of Power Pendant of Wisdom Zelda Scattershot Spinner Slingshot Triforce Triforce Link Vaati Windwaker Master Sword Zelda Zill

hideOriginal Post

May 02, 13 at 6:38ambbb7002004

According to this article on CNet. I hesitate to call it confirmed since CNet's author's have done some pretty terrible reporting in the past, and the fact that the author doesn't quote Aunoma as saying it. He just mentions it in passing, so it could quite easily be a misunderstanding or an assumption by the author.

Either way, are you happy or disappointed in this news? I have to say I did not want the Dark World back. It was a ton of fun in the original, but we've done world switching so many times now I want this game to focus on new avenues. I was also under the impression that the Dark World would have eventually reverted back to the sacred realm once Ganon was dead, but that could just be me being dumb.

Thread Recap (last 10 posts from newest to oldest)

May 05, 13 at 5:45pm
Albatross

I would love the Dark World to make a return. I trust Nintendo that, if the Dark World is implemented, they'll do something new with it to make the experience fresh, and even if they don't do anything particularly exciting with it, I'll still welcome the Dark World with open arms. As long as they retain the inter-dimensional puzzles, (eg the one at the beginning of the water temple) that is. If it's strictly "You start off in the Light World, do some things, and then go to the Dark World for the rest of the game," then why even bother.

May 03, 13 at 12:43pm
Spook

Virtue, if Dark World doesn't return, Dark World Theme cannot.

I'm not worried that it'll wind up being a cut 'n paste of the original's. It mirrors Hyrule, and that looks somewhat different from what I've seen. Who's to say if it even would play as large of a role this time? Assuming cnet's correct to begin with. I have my doubts, 'cause no other outlets, namely the gaming oriented ones, have reported this yet.

May 03, 13 at 11:23am
AgatioGanon

Eiche, I would imagine there would be like a few new enemies.

I remember in gba LTTP, Like Likes were added, maybe more enemies could be added.

I hope the over world music doesn't change, its not like they can't remake the same music, they did it in Brawl.

May 03, 13 at 8:54am
Eiche

If the Dark World does indeed make a return, I hope there are very distinct differences that make it more than a simple rehash of the original. o:

May 03, 13 at 1:42am
Roxas

Personally, I do not mind either way. I never got to experience the Dark World in the original ALTTP because I never played it. In that regard, it would be a new experience to me.

May 03, 13 at 12:53am
AgatioGanon

I love the Dark World, in fact when playing LTTP, once I defeat Agahnim the first time, I spend like 99.9% of my time in the Dark World.

The light world is too generic.

May 02, 13 at 7:56pm
Virtue

I'm actually disappointed that switching to A Dark World may end up making a return. As you've already stated, I was hoping a new sequel would bring a brighter focus on new terrains, rather than rehashing an idea from the original. Not to mention it results in very bitter memories of the Twilight world in Zelda TP. Easily my least favorite game of the series, most in part to the switching in and out of realms. But that's a rant for another day I suppose.

May 02, 13 at 6:38am
bbb7002004

According to this article on CNet. I hesitate to call it confirmed since CNet's author's have done some pretty terrible reporting in the past, and the fact that the author doesn't quote Aunoma as saying it. He just mentions it in passing, so it could quite easily be a misunderstanding or an assumption by the author.

Either way, are you happy or disappointed in this news? I have to say I did not want the Dark World back. It was a ton of fun in the original, but we've done world switching so many times now I want this game to focus on new avenues. I was also under the impression that the Dark World would have eventually reverted back to the sacred realm once Ganon was dead, but that could just be me being dumb.