Thread titleFromLast replied
Now searching...
Neoseeker Forums » » » The Evil Within » The Evil Within revealed, Shinji Mikami's Project Zwei to be a "perfect blend of horror and action" » Post Reply

Note to Guests: For the enjoyment of other visitors, and to help keep this forum tidy and working smoothly, please make sure you search the forum before posting your question.
REPLY TO A THREAD
Name:* Members, please LOGIN before posting
Email: We use this to display your Gravatar

Sign in with
Subject:*

HTML is not allowed
markup is allowed

Help with markup tags

Enabling Buttons in IE7

Smilies:
  ·all smilies here
:) :P ;) :( :| ;( :D :confused: :cool: :# :o ^_^ :colored: :thick:

hideOriginal Post

Apr 19, 13 at 8:32ambluexy

The Evil Within revealed, Shinji Mikami's Project Zwei to be a "perfect blend of horror and action"

Rory Young - Friday, April 19, 2013 8:32am (PST) Like Share
The master of survival horror is back
 Image 1
Source: IGN
Alternate Source: All Games Beta

Thread Recap (last 10 posts from newest to oldest)

Apr 21, 13 at 3:47pm
Demonfurby

quote Fairy Girl
Considering that its only competition in terms of actual scary is Amensia, I say this one will do just fine.
the indie market disagrees

Apr 20, 13 at 4:52pm
Angelus

this looks like what resi should of been after 3. Im not optomisitic about this. It looks really good from imagea ive seen. Its like a blend of resi and silent hill which everybody practocally wanted.

Apr 20, 13 at 3:27pm
Justplayingitcool

quote xmd1997
Wait if Bethesda isnt developing it, does that mean theres still hope for fallout 4?
I will run around with just my pants when Fallout 4 is announced

Apr 20, 13 at 10:51am
Fairy Girl

Considering that its only competition in terms of actual scary is Amensia, I say this one will do just fine.

Apr 20, 13 at 9:16am
DedValve

quote Aussie Legend
Krantos Yes of course, and whilst that is true, how many truely bad games do Bethesda publish these days? Brink? That's one, and for every Brink we have a Dishonored quality level game.

Bethesda have a great mentality, and I trust that they wouldn't be putting money behind this if they didn't think it had the potential to be great (which Brink had as well, it just was executed awfully).
Resident Evil 4 is regarded as one of the best action game of its time. That doesn't change the fact that Barney Teaches you ABC's was more of a horror game than RE4. Didn't stop the entire world from thinking that horror "changed" or such other nonsense like evolve or whatever.

I'm very cautious if not slightly optimistic (more like hopeful) that this is the horror game we all wanted but I wouldn't be surprised if we had another Shadows of the Damned situation going on here.

Apr 20, 13 at 12:09am
Demonfurby

quote Aussie Legend
Krantos Yes of course, and whilst that is true, how many truely bad games do Bethesda publish these days? Brink? That's one, and for every Brink we have a Dishonored quality level game.

Bethesda have a great mentality, and I trust that they wouldn't be putting money behind this if they didn't think it had the potential to be great (which Brink had as well, it just was executed awfully).
horror games are judged differently. At least by the genre's core fans. if this is a good shooter with decent atmosphere reviewers and general buyers are going to lap it up. even if it has shit pacing. doesn't mean it's a quality horror game (which is what it should be judged by if Mikami is attached to it). if that happens, it'll just be another nail in the AAA horror coffin. hope that doesn't happen, but the action bit he mentioned is unsettling

Apr 19, 13 at 11:22pm
Aussie Legend

Apr 19, 13 at 7:25pm
Demonfurby

quote Axe
I can't be the only person that sees "perfect blend of horror and action" as a very suspect phrase.
nope

anytime I see combat in horror nowadays I'm cautious

Apr 19, 13 at 3:07pm
Axe

I can't be the only person that sees "perfect blend of horror and action" as a very suspect phrase.

Apr 19, 13 at 1:52pm
Yay4sean

So long as it's not just random shit with the sole purpose to scare you, then I'm somewhat interested. Scary things that don't make any real sense = silly.