Thread titleFromLast replied
Now searching...
Neoseeker Forums » » » » League of Legends » Lissandra » Post Reply

Note to Guests: For the enjoyment of other visitors, and to help keep this forum tidy and working smoothly, please make sure you search the forum before posting your question.
REPLY TO A THREAD
Name:* Members, please LOGIN before posting
Email: We use this to display your Gravatar

Sign in with
Subject:*

HTML is not allowed
markup is allowed

Help with markup tags

Enabling Buttons in IE7

Smilies:
  ·all smilies here
:) :P ;) :( :| ;( :D :confused: :cool: :# :o ^_^ :colored: :thick:
Community Badges

Join to get access to all the badges!

AD Carry Mage Jungler Support Top Lane

hideOriginal Post

Apr 17, 13 at 11:47pmWakeCraterWind

I got stuck with Duo Mid trolls (again, it's PBE) so knowing I'm headed bot in a 2 v 1, I opted to go with Lissandra, who seems fairly capable of handling herself in that precise situation. Going for a Chalice and an early Zhonya's to deal with the inevitable 3 v 1 dives on me, especially with an enemy Hecarim. I'll let you guys know how she plays.

Thread Recap (last 10 posts from newest to oldest)

May 29, 13 at 5:14pm
ShadowCrystallux

I found that she was pretty strong against Orianna. Now that's a lane you can afford to push. And push hard, at that. Take her tower and give bot/top some hell. Her ganks to pushed lanes are deadly.

May 27, 13 at 10:24pm
captain boo

quote Skyexplorer
Yet if she's against any longish range mage and possibly Jayce, she'll get crushed.

I guess she's a good counter to the new Bruiser mid meta.
It's kind of why I play her top all the time. Just did it again last game vs. a Darius and did fantastic. Her laning up there is especially tricky though because you CAN'T afford to push your lane too much, which her q does profusely if you don't aim it properly.

Compla had it right when he said she's not designed for aggression, but she is good at punishing aggression against low range bruisers and such.

May 26, 13 at 1:45pm
WakeCraterWind

She will struggle against champions that don't naturally push their lane or are lane assassins, as she needs enemy minions to effectively harass. Fizz I imagine would screw her over, LeBlanc as well.

May 16, 13 at 4:18pm
Skyexplorer

Yet if she's against any longish range mage and possibly Jayce, she'll get crushed.

I guess she's a good counter to the new Bruiser mid meta.

May 14, 13 at 6:35pm
Rune Ripper

I think she's pretty strong, her lane phase is good and I like the protection role she should be played in when fighting. Ulting that Zed who just ulted your ADC is a great way to ruin his day.

Her E is fun, a surprising amount of people have flashed towards the destination of the claw (sometimes over walls) to be clever only for me to just not jump to it and walk in the opposite direction.

May 12, 13 at 11:29am
Etherlight

Her kit seems amazing for Protect the Kog/Vayne comps. Reliable AoE snare, low CD slow and an ult that's great for counter-initiation, stopping assassins and even zoning enemies from each other. I don't think she can do well as a support since her kit doesn't seem to bring much in a duo-lane but in team fights she could easily peel brusiers off the ADC and zone other people with her snare and ult.

May 08, 13 at 6:55pm
Inuyasha

I've played her quite a bit, and my opinions on her are still not final.

She's very interesting, but not the type of mage I like to play. Her role in a teamfight is to hurt the tanks, not the carry's. Liandry's is a wonder on her, and she does not require a Rylai's for the full benefit of Liandry's passive because her Q is a low cool down spell.

Jumping into the middle of the enemy team and then ulting yourself is a horrible idea, but one I see time and time again. I've tried that type of playstyle, and you don't do enough damage to scare the enemy team off of you. Instead, they wait for you to come out of your tomb (or even after you use Zhonya's), and destroy you. Her ultimate should be used on aggressive initiations to put them to a stop. Example, a Singed running in? Ult him, give your team 1.5 seconds to damage him or reposition themselves. Zed trying to sneak in the back of a fight? Ult him, 1.5 seconds of him not doing any damage should be enough for you to kill him or to permanently take him out of the fight.

I think she's strong, not sure how long it will take for her to find her place. Xpeke believes she'll be used competitively very soon, I agree.

"Close your eyes and let the cold take you" is also one of the best lines any champion has.

May 07, 13 at 8:48pm
captain boo

quote WakeCraterWind
quote Bass Ultra
I'm not sure why you're thinking of her like long range mages, when she's more like Morgana. She's going to be at the frontlines doing her damage and taking the attention of the other team. They're also the similar because both have super safe laning. The difference is that Liss is going to be a lot more aggressive and can afford to because E and W practically make her immune to ganks.
It is difficult for her to be aggresive, though. Her Q's range is only passable when there are enemy minions pushing down on you; without the sharding, her Q's range is crap. Even if she has minions to extend her range, her Glacial Path is required to make a move on the enemy, which then opens her up to ganks. Through and through, she shines the best in a defensive situation, such as a 2 v 1 lane. I feel Riot did an extremely good job of curtailing her offensive ability without destroying her offensive.

That's not to say she can't wreck your sh*t just like any other burst mage, but Liss is just not designed for aggression.
This is precisely why I like her, she's a strong defensive utility mage with enough damage to be a threat. She peels for herself and her team very well, and she can initiate, disengage and save her allies.

An excellent champion for me, I really enjoy her.

May 07, 13 at 7:02pm
WakeCraterWind

quote Bass Ultra
I'm not sure why you're thinking of her like long range mages, when she's more like Morgana. She's going to be at the frontlines doing her damage and taking the attention of the other team. They're also the similar because both have super safe laning. The difference is that Liss is going to be a lot more aggressive and can afford to because E and W practically make her immune to ganks.
It is difficult for her to be aggresive, though. Her Q's range is only passable when there are enemy minions pushing down on you; without the sharding, her Q's range is crap. Even if she has minions to extend her range, her Glacial Path is required to make a move on the enemy, which then opens her up to ganks. Through and through, she shines the best in a defensive situation, such as a 2 v 1 lane. I feel Riot did an extremely good job of curtailing her offensive ability without destroying her offensive.

That's not to say she can't wreck your sh*t just like any other burst mage, but Liss is just not designed for aggression.

May 07, 13 at 4:25pm
captain boo

Not going to lie, I really love playing her. I'm playing her top a lot lately, because I need more options top when monkey won't do it for me. I'm also naturally better with mages than Bruisers. :/