Thread titleFromLast replied
Now searching...
Neoseeker Forums » » » My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic » How did you become a brony?? » Post Reply

Toggle Ponytars: ON | OFF

Note to Guests: Welcome! Have you taken a second to read the forum Guidelines first yet? Please do so!Announcement: The Guidelines have been updated for clarification as to what is and isn't acceptable, particularly in regards to pictures and video.
REPLY TO A THREAD
Name:* Members, please LOGIN before posting
Email: We use this to display your Gravatar

Sign in with
Subject:*

HTML is not allowed
markup is allowed

Help with markup tags

Enabling Buttons in IE7

Smilies:
  ·all smilies here
:) :P ;) :( :| ;( :D :confused: :cool: :# :o ^_^ :colored: :thick:

hideOriginal Post

Apr 17, 13 at 2:31pmgoldensunmaster

On May 29th, 2012, my 8th grade school year had just ended. I played StarCraft 2 all the time, and I happened to stumble upon this video on YouTube while watching StarCraft videos.

I had seen My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic on TV before, but I thought it was stupid and flipped the channel right away. I had never heard of a "brony" before.

But when I saw this video, it sparked an interest in MLP:FiM, and I watched an episode (Party of One). I loved it, and watched several more episodes over the next few days. By then I was a full-fledged brony.

Thread Recap (last 10 posts from newest to oldest)

Feb 14, 15 at 9:57am
Dragonmaiden

Err, my sis found some fanbase on G+ and started watching it........I admit,I was a bit of a hater until my little sibs joined in...

I'm not a BIG fan, I've only watched...uh...all of them.

Jan 22, 15 at 1:48pm
Ulrik

In autumn 2011 after buying The Ticket Master DVD.

Dec 31, 14 at 1:23pm
hiigaran

i like how the apparent mindset is that its the only show we watch.

Dec 31, 14 at 11:35am
Kingy

quote Shadow of Death
But yeah, some people hate things like this because the idea of guys liking 'girly' stuff makes them uncomfortable.
It's because we're going against the norms of society. I'm still trying to figure out why it's wrong for an adult male to enjoy a kid's cartoon. Were we not all once kids?

I wasn't aware liking a show defined someone's character.

Dec 30, 14 at 3:12pm
Rainbow Dash AX

I forgot what animation it was, but that animation got me hooked with it when I first saw it. The show was the icing on the cake. Rainbow Dash probably the sole reason why I stayed glued to the series 'til this point.

Dec 29, 14 at 6:47pm
mondigo

My bestfriend is a brony fan and I bought him a brony shirt from here. The more i looked into it the more interesting it became and BAM I was hooked!

Apr 20, 13 at 8:46pm
Doomjr

a couple of my friends despise it, but i don't think its because of it being "girly", it's mostly cause bronies have ponified something from their fandom, so they think the best thing to do is hate all bronies.

Apr 20, 13 at 7:47pm
Shadow of Death

quote Doomjr
I started watching this show because pretty much everyone i knew hated it, and it made me want to check it out, and i ended up really liking it.
Just like being contrary then, don't'cha? XD

But yeah, some people hate things like this because the idea of guys liking 'girly' stuff makes them uncomfortable.

Apr 20, 13 at 6:56pm
Doomjr

I started watching this show because pretty much everyone i knew hated it, and it made me want to check it out, and i ended up really liking it.

Apr 19, 13 at 6:16pm
Auron Blade

Not a big deal. If it does exist it is probably buried beneath a mountain of old GDs.

Didn't have many posts in it either. If my recollection is accurate,