Thread titleFromLast replied
Now searching...
Neoseeker Forums » » » » Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain » David Hayter, longtime voice of Snake, bids farewell to Metal Gear Solid in touching letter to fans » Post Reply

Note to Guests: For the enjoyment of other visitors, and to help keep this forum tidy and working smoothly, please make sure you search the forum before posting your question.
REPLY TO A THREAD
Name:* Members, please LOGIN before posting
Email: We use this to display your Gravatar

Sign in with
Subject:*

HTML is not allowed
markup is allowed

Help with markup tags

Enabling Buttons in IE7

Smilies:
  ·all smilies here
:) :P ;) :( :| ;( :D :confused: :cool: :# :o ^_^ :colored: :thick:
Community Badges

Join to get access to all the badges!

Big Boss Cardboard Box A Cyborg Ninja Fox Hound Otacon Peace Walker Psycho Mantis Raiden 2 Raiden Big Boss 2 Solid Snake Solid Snake 2 Solid Snake 3 Solid Snake 4 Teliko The Sorrow

hideOriginal Post

Apr 01, 13 at 3:38pmRabidChinaGirl

Thread Recap (last 10 posts from newest to oldest)

Jul 10, 13 at 2:00pm
Drogo Baggins

quote Stitch
Well, here's an excuse I thought up, Keith's voice sounds late 40's for Big Boss, while Richard make him sound in his 70's.
Apparantly Big Boss is in his late 40's in 1984, so during MGS3 in 1964, David Hayter makes him sound as a man in his late 20's.

Solid Snake's voice generally sounds the same since his life span was short, and excelarated, so most likely his voice couldn't adapt to the age a normal person would have, so David could still do his voice.

Good excuses.
Those are actually some good points, but for it to be a true explanation of MGS-ery it needs more nanomachines, son.

Jul 07, 13 at 3:31pm
Stitch

quote Vapour Snake
quote Spark
I think Richard Doyle can really nail Big Boss so I'm not that upset. I'm still not convinced it isn't another elaborate ruse though.
See why then didn't they bring back Richard Doyle? He did a great job as Big Boss.

I listen to Keith Sutherland and his voice just doesn't sound gritty enough to play BB. I'm not happy with it.
Well, here's an excuse I thought up, Keith's voice sounds late 40's for Big Boss, while Richard make him sound in his 70's.
Apparantly Big Boss is in his late 40's in 1984, so during MGS3 in 1964, David Hayter makes him sound as a man in his late 20's.

Solid Snake's voice generally sounds the same since his life span was short, and excelarated, so most likely his voice couldn't adapt to the age a normal person would have, so David could still do his voice.

Good excuses.

Jul 07, 13 at 3:19pm
Vapour Snake

quote Spark
I think Richard Doyle can really nail Big Boss so I'm not that upset. I'm still not convinced it isn't another elaborate ruse though.
See why then didn't they bring back Richard Doyle? He did a great job as Big Boss.

I listen to Keith Sutherland and his voice just doesn't sound gritty enough to play BB. I'm not happy with it.

Apr 04, 13 at 11:56am
Musachi 86

quote Scarchelli
Biggest troll ever. Hayter will star in this game still, and thousands of fans who bitched and moaned thinking he's gone will let out more than a sigh of relief when the news hits he's in fact in the game. It will be hilarious.
You know, I really hope this is a big ruse. If it turns out we're all being trolled I will be so freaking happy.
I will kiss the first person I see, not to mention cry with joy, tell Kojima & Hayter I love them both, cry some more, run around town shouting "Hayter is back!!!" & possibly have another little sob after that. On the other hand if it's true, I will be distraught for several months & when it's released a few months more...

No biggy...

Apr 03, 13 at 9:23am
Abyss Raider

This... News. I just can't... No, I...

Apr 02, 13 at 10:51pm
Animatrix

how could they do such a thing..

Apr 02, 13 at 9:25pm
Scarchelli

Biggest troll ever. Hayter will star in this game still, and thousands of fans who bitched and moaned thinking he's gone will let out more than a sigh of relief when the news hits he's in fact in the game. It will be hilarious.

Apr 02, 13 at 11:47am
DragonSlayer45

I'm sure Kojima had a pretty damn good reason for getting rid of Hayter, but I have a feeling we are all going to be trolled in the end.

Apr 02, 13 at 11:21am
PokemonLeader96

Kojima is one *bleep*ing son of a bitch. I bet we're all gonna get trolled at the end.
There is no way he'd get rid of dat sexy voice eh?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e25XS3lmB8c

Apr 02, 13 at 11:17am
Solid-Snack

kojima might be playing jokes or maybe not...just glad to hear david hayter has a steady flow of work