Thread titleFromLast replied
Now searching...
Neoseeker Forums » » Hardware, Builds and Overclocking » Good Build? » Post Reply

Note to Guests: Advertising of any kind is not allowed in these forums!If you fix your problem on your own, please post a message describing how you fixed the issue so that others with a similar problem can use your method to fix their issue.
REPLY TO A THREAD
Name:* Members, please LOGIN before posting
Email: We use this to display your Gravatar

Sign in with
Subject:*

HTML is not allowed
markup is allowed

Help with markup tags

Enabling Buttons in IE7

Smilies:
  ·all smilies here
:) :P ;) :( :| ;( :D :confused: :cool: :# :o ^_^ :colored: :thick:

hideOriginal Post

Mar 31, 13 at 6:39pmXboxOmac

I recently asked for a build, though, I think it got lost in the pages or something. Lol.

Other than that, I simply wanted to confirm with others if this will be a good build. My dad will help a bit with some of the funds, but wants to make sure this is the computer I want.

Typically, the build I'm looking for it to handle a high quality gaming (if it's possible). Skyrim, Call of Duty, etc. Don't want it to be flashy or pricey, just want it to run well for these kind of games.

If there's any suggestions where I can save money or pretty much pay for the same price for a better product, etc, then please feel free to do so! I'm trying to keep it around the same price range.

Thread Recap (last 10 posts from newest to oldest)

Apr 03, 13 at 5:33am
Cosmetique pk

Hi Good Build,
I am new come here.so i feel happy to stay here...

Apr 01, 13 at 6:48am
XboxOmac

quote Pokenerd15
Are you forgetting a CPU cooler? Also, do you need an optical drive? Should probably add one if going to play games. Unless your doing it by download.
CPU's have stock coolers. I'm not overclocking, so I feel that is fine.

Yes, I'm a Steam user. Downloads for me.

quote thezobot1
Yeah your build looks pretty good to me. But you should consider switching the graphics card our for something like MSI N660Ti PE 2GD5/OC GeForce GTX 660 Ti 2GB
It is slightly cheaper but moe importantly is is 20-30 % more powerful than your current card of choice.
Though 8 core CPU's seem really awesome, the reality is far from that. If you are spending so much money on a processor you may as well go with the Intel Core i5-3570 Ivy Bridge 3.4GHz (if you do decide to switch then you will have to change your motherboard too)
You wont have to think about upgrading the CPU for long.
Have you thought about a CPU Cooler/Fan?
Well, ok, then what Motherboard is good? Something that won't go over my current total if possible. The only reason I got that is because of the CPU and motherboard combo.
I'll be taking a look at that graphics card.

Mar 31, 13 at 10:18pm
PureOCJim

quote Pokenerd15
Are you forgetting a CPU cooler? Also, do you need an optical drive? Should probably add one if going to play games. Unless your doing it by download.
CPU's come with stock coolers.

Mar 31, 13 at 7:30pm
thezobot1

Yeah your build looks pretty good to me. But you should consider switching the graphics card our for something like MSI N660Ti PE 2GD5/OC GeForce GTX 660 Ti 2GB
It is slightly cheaper but moe importantly is is 20-30 % more powerful than your current card of choice.
Though 8 core CPU's seem really awesome, the reality is far from that. If you are spending so much money on a processor you may as well go with the Intel Core i5-3570 Ivy Bridge 3.4GHz (if you do decide to switch then you will have to change your motherboard too)
You wont have to think about upgrading the CPU for long.
Have you thought about a CPU Cooler/Fan?

Mar 31, 13 at 7:12pm
Pokenerd15

Mar 31, 13 at 6:39pm
XboxOmac

I recently asked for a build, though, I think it got lost in the pages or something. Lol.

Other than that, I simply wanted to confirm with others if this will be a good build. My dad will help a bit with some of the funds, but wants to make sure this is the computer I want.

Typically, the build I'm looking for it to handle a high quality gaming (if it's possible). Skyrim, Call of Duty, etc. Don't want it to be flashy or pricey, just want it to run well for these kind of games.

If there's any suggestions where I can save money or pretty much pay for the same price for a better product, etc, then please feel free to do so! I'm trying to keep it around the same price range.