Thread titleFromLast replied
Now searching...
Neoseeker Forums » » » Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain » Metal Gear Solid 5: The Phantom Pain revealed at GDC, video shows Snake crawling through hospital » Post Reply

Note to Guests: For the enjoyment of other visitors, and to help keep this forum tidy and working smoothly, please make sure you search the forum before posting your question.
REPLY TO A THREAD
Name:* Members, please LOGIN before posting
Email: We use this to display your Gravatar

Sign in with
Subject:*

HTML is not allowed
markup is allowed

Help with markup tags

Enabling Buttons in IE7

Smilies:
  ·all smilies here
:) :P ;) :( :| ;( :D :confused: :cool: :# :o ^_^ :colored: :thick:

hideOriginal Post

Mar 27, 13 at 11:24amRabidChinaGirl

Metal Gear Solid 5: The Phantom Pain revealed at GDC, video shows Snake crawling through hospital

Lydia Sung - Wednesday, March 27, 2013 11:24am (PST) Like Share
Fire! Butts! Sneaking! Also Joakim Mogren exists, but only sort of!
 Image 1

Thread Recap (last 10 posts from newest to oldest)

Apr 18, 13 at 9:11am
Demonfurby

quote Dantess26
quote Demonfurby
because it was action lol. of course it had flawed action, every single mgs game's combat is awful (except maybe peace walker, but that's stretching it)
I'm not quite clicking with your point of view. The action was/is flawed, BECAUSE IT ISN'T AN ACTION GAME. MGS games, included the fourth, are stealth games. The combat is non-existent, because it isn't a fighting game or a shooter. If you don't play using stealth, you can't really play at all. Except for MGS4 where you could mow down everyone in your path.
sorry, I wasn't be clear there. I meant that mgs4 was trying far too much to appeal to the mainstream shooter audience, and like most hybrids, didn't do either very well imo. in earlier mgs games, I never tried to go rambo on everyone because the combat was so broken. so I sticked solely to the stealth (with the exception of peace walker my second playthrough because the shooting was decent). In 4 you could but it wasn't satisfying to me. Neither was the limited stealth there was. Maybe I'm jaded by those cutscenes.

I reiterate- I really don't see how you can call MGS4 an action game, unless you set out to get spotted all the time and fight your way through the waves of guards. You can play the game either way. Just because you can shoulder your weapon, doesn't make the game action-packed. There were perhaps two or three action sequences in the game. If you don't like the game just say so, don't slap a label on it.
the latter part of the game was just action sequences iirc.

And yes, I *bleep*ing hated mgs4. Everything about it. 3 was easily the peak of the series (I love that game). Peace Walker was good as well. 2 was alright with good stealth but suffered from kojima writing the story (not that 3 and PW didn't have bad stories, but they were so far set in the past that they weren't disgustingly convoluted). 1 is unplayable now.

if this one sticks to the stealth I'll play it. i'm not holding my breath tho

Apr 18, 13 at 8:57am
Dantess26

quote Demonfurby
because it was action lol. of course it had flawed action, every single mgs game's combat is awful (except maybe peace walker, but that's stretching it)
I'm not quite clicking with your point of view. The action was/is flawed, BECAUSE IT ISN'T AN ACTION GAME. MGS games, included the fourth, are stealth games. The combat is non-existent, because it isn't a fighting game or a shooter. If you don't play using stealth, you can't really play at all. Except for MGS4 where you could mow down everyone in your path.

I reiterate- I really don't see how you can call MGS4 an action game, unless you set out to get spotted all the time and fight your way through the waves of guards. You can play the game either way. Just because you can shoulder your weapon, doesn't make the game action-packed. There were perhaps two or three action sequences in the game. If you don't like the game just say so, don't slap a label on it.

Apr 18, 13 at 2:06am
Demonfurby

quote Dantess26
quote Demonfurby
mgs4 was an action game

mgs5 will be open world

It must be great to be kojima. He's *bleep*ed up one of the best stealth franchises ever and is still getting called a genius,
The main functionality of MGS4 was still stealth. It was flawed action if we go with your reasoning. I don't see how you could say it wasn't a stealth game?

And MGS5 will be open-world stealth. They keywords being 'open', 'world', AND 'stealth'.

and nah, it'll be open world action until it's proven otherwise. series peaked with 3. I could take the horrible narrative, painful dialogue, retarded storytelling, bad camera angles and combat before, but when you take the best thing away from it, I'm done. probably get it when it's $20 used or just pirate it, but kojima's done getting my money, unless this game is actually stealth.

thief 4 will show him how it's done, assuming they're not out solely for money.

Apr 17, 13 at 11:03am
Dantess26

quote Demonfurby
mgs4 was an action game

mgs5 will be open world

It must be great to be kojima. He's *bleep*ed up one of the best stealth franchises ever and is still getting called a genius,
The main functionality of MGS4 was still stealth. It was flawed action if we go with your reasoning. I don't see how you could say it wasn't a stealth game?

And MGS5 will be open-world stealth. They keywords being 'open', 'world', AND 'stealth'.

Apr 15, 13 at 8:19pm
Demonfurby

mgs4 was an action game

mgs5 will be open world

Apr 02, 13 at 10:11pm
Largerock

quote RabidChinaGirl
quote largerock
And Kojima yet again proves that he is above all other dev companies.
Yes, evidently Kojima is no longer a man, but a dev company.
Why of course!

Kojima Productions.

Apr 02, 13 at 8:21pm
Duncan Idaho

quote Drogo Baggins
quote Duncan Idaho
Except we have a glaring plot hole, Snake is dead, for all intent and purposes, his nanomachines disabled, naomi's research gone, snake had only six months or less to live after the whole issue of MGS4 having this telomere's cut short to reduce his life spasm, this all in all means snake should be dead, it cannot be nine years later since it makes no sense, not even if they clone snake, since this is not the Dunevere where a certain brand of clones called gholas are submited to enough pressure they crack and br craqcking they recover their memories.
This takes place 9 years after Peace Walker, not MGS4, and the Snake we see in these trailers is Big Boss, not naked Solid Snake.
We see two Snakes, the Getting old one is Big Boss, the very old one is Solid snake, so far the way of Kojima so far is treating all the BB games as prequels to MGS1 sequels to MGS3, not sequels to MGS4, this game is also split on two halves, there is a lot we do not know so yeah i doubt this would be MGS5 if there was no solid snake, or something to continue, in a paralel line to MGS revengeance or whatever is spelled

Apr 02, 13 at 7:14pm
Drogo Baggins

quote Duncan Idaho
Except we have a glaring plot hole, Snake is dead, for all intent and purposes, his nanomachines disabled, naomi's research gone, snake had only six months or less to live after the whole issue of MGS4 having this telomere's cut short to reduce his life spasm, this all in all means snake should be dead, it cannot be nine years later since it makes no sense, not even if they clone snake, since this is not the Dunevere where a certain brand of clones called gholas are submited to enough pressure they crack and br craqcking they recover their memories.
This takes place 9 years after Peace Walker, not MGS4, and the Snake we see in these trailers is Big Boss, not naked Solid Snake.

Apr 02, 13 at 1:41pm
Duncan Idaho

Apr 02, 13 at 12:57pm
Dantess26

quote RabidChinaGirl
quote largerock
And Kojima yet again proves that he is above all other dev companies.
Yes, evidently Kojima is no longer a man, but a dev company.
Wait, what?! Kojima isn't the only employee of Kojima Productions?? I thought he was, like, God or something...

I jest, but seriously, think what Kojima must have up his sleeve if he is willing to make such a controversial decision as to not include Hayter in the cast. He simply MUST have a good reason for this...