Thread titleFromLast replied
Now searching...
Neoseeker Forums » » » Saints Row IV » Saints Row IV announced for August 20 release, become the super-powered POTUS and fight aliens » Post Reply

Note to Guests: For the enjoyment of other visitors, and to help keep this forum tidy and working smoothly, please make sure you search the forum before posting your question.
REPLY TO A THREAD
Name:* Members, please LOGIN before posting
Email: We use this to display your Gravatar

Sign in with
Subject:*

HTML is not allowed
markup is allowed

Help with markup tags

Enabling Buttons in IE7

Smilies:
  ·all smilies here
:) :P ;) :( :| ;( :D :confused: :cool: :# :o ^_^ :colored: :thick:

hideOriginal Post

Mar 15, 13 at 9:18ambluexy

Thread Recap (last 10 posts from newest to oldest)

May 08, 13 at 6:29am
ChiroVette

quote pokemon speedy
It's called having fun. The gaming industry shouldn't be forced to innovate or push beyond ultra realism. These guys and Deep Silver look to be having a blast with the amount of stuff you can do. If you want a serious business sand box game go play GTA (V looks to be changing that a little) otherwise enjoy the show, this will be getting pre-ordered as soon as possible because hey I enjoy a game which doesn't even take itself seriously so why should I.
I'll enjoy freezing police or aliens then kicking them in the balls for cheap laughs sure but laughs all the same
I agree 100%.

You know what else? Everyone complains and whines when developers make sandbox games that are wholly derivative and try to copy GTA's formula. Volition has decided to take the idea of a crime sandbox and evolve it AWAY from GTA's "realism" direction. Now forget about the fact that I personally think SR games are ten times the game of GTA IV in fun and enjoyment. Even if you are a fan of pure, unadulterated realism and refuse to give wacky, over the tops sandbox games the time of day (which is perfectly fine), you have to respect what Volition for trying to do the opposite of what Rockstar has done.

May 07, 13 at 2:13pm
Digimonrockers

If a Game Has a Story that they go from we need a great story to more to being kicks ass and more or less forgetting the story from which you going a low-level crime boss to a Mother*bleep*ered Superhero. I say *bleep* Plot

Mar 29, 13 at 7:53pm
Solid-Snack

saints row 2 was the best

Mar 27, 13 at 4:57am
master assasin98

i liked the first 2 but by the third one they ran out of ideas.Dont get me wrong it was a good games i loved it.Thats all i got to say i think #4 is gonna be okay.

Mar 26, 13 at 12:23am
Aura

Customisable super powers and aliens? Sounds pretty awesome. I haven't played any of the other Saints Row games, but this one is already quite appealing to me.

Mar 25, 13 at 12:00pm
BlackLabel

quote TripleDX
Haha president of the United States of America and aliens come to kidnap the Saints and you get super powers. I hope this game isnt going to be easy with us getting super powers and i wonder if we get to pick what powers we have
It won't make us too powerful, the lower level enemies won't stand a chance against us for sure but there are higher level enemies that have similar powers to us. As for the powers themselves, you can customise your powers in the same way you can customise your character, clothing and vehicle. There is one limitation to the power customisation though and that is due to some powers unlocking as the game progresses, this will also be the way the game stops you being ultra powerful from the first moment you start the game.

Mar 25, 13 at 11:26am
Dantess26

... Not saying it's aliens but... IT'S ALIENS.

Mar 21, 13 at 12:05pm
Roy

I still think they are rushing this game and they should wait another year to work on this game and make it better, since GTA V is coming out, I won't be surprised that it will blow Saints Row IV out of the water.

Mar 20, 13 at 11:55am
DragoniteBallZ

There's nothing wrong with silliness but when it sacrifices depth, takes over the core part of the game, then I have a problem with it. They removed so many things that was in the previous Saints Rows to make way for this stuff. You know removing stuff like robberies, stores(except clothing), multiplayer, just to make way for a silly shark guns and UFOs. Come on. Those can be in the game but those should be the last things and should be add ons at the most.

Mar 20, 13 at 11:22am
seth

i think its wrong on him being president cause it depend on what part of the story there going with cause if you go with (killing killbane i think) he turns the city into a independent country