Thread titleFromLast replied
Now searching...
Neoseeker Forums » » » » Pro Evolution Soccer 2014 » PES 2014: Latest News » Post Reply

Note to Guests: For the enjoyment of other visitors, and to help keep this forum tidy and working smoothly, please make sure you search the forum before posting your question.
REPLY TO A THREAD
Name:* Members, please LOGIN before posting
Email: We use this to display your Gravatar

Sign in with
Subject:*

HTML is not allowed
markup is allowed

Help with markup tags

Enabling Buttons in IE7

Smilies:
  ·all smilies here
:) :P ;) :( :| ;( :D :confused: :cool: :# :o ^_^ :colored: :thick:
Community Badges

Join to get access to all the badges!

AS Roma Brisbane Roar Australia MK Dons Elgin City Hibernian FC Barcelona Real Madrid Hellas Verona Lazio Liverpool FC Fluminense Some United Bloke Atalanta Bologna Partick Thistle Palermo Parma Napoli Torino Bromley AFC Bournemouth Arsenal Aston Villa Barnsley Birmingham Blackburn Rovers Blackpool Bolton Wanderers Bradford Brentford Burnley Cardiff City Charlton Athletic Chelsea Chesterfield Crewe Crystal Palace Derby County Everton Exeter Fulham Grimsby Hull City Ipswich Leeds United Leicester City Luton Town Manchester City Manchester United Middlesbrough FC Millwall Newcastle United Norwich Nottingham Forest Peterborough Portsmouth QPR Reading Rotherham United Sheffield United Sheffield Wednesday Southampton Southend United Stevenage Stoke City Swansea Tottenham Tranmere Rovers Watford West Bromwich Albion West Ham Wigan Wolves England FC United of Manchester Olympiakos Milan Fiorentina WC14 Algeria WC14 Argentina WC14 Australia Leighton Baines 3 Leighton Baines Leighton Baines 2 WC14 Belgium WC14 Bosnia and Herzegovina Borussia Dortmund WC14 Brazil Cagliari Catania Aberdeen Celtic Chester WC14 Chile Verona WC14 Ivory Coast WC14 Cameroon WC14 Colombia WC14 Costa Rica WC14 Croatia WC14 Ecuador WC14 England WC14 Spain WC14 France Genoa WC14 Germany WC14 Ghana WC14 Greece Heart of Midlothian WC14 Honduras Casillas Inter WC14 Iran WC14 Italy WC14 Japan Juventus WC14 South Korea Siena WC14 Mexico WC14 Holland WC14 Nigeria Lyon Pescara WC14 Portugal Rangers Real Salt Lake Rugby Town WC14 Russia Sunderland AFC Sampdoria WC14 Switzerland Totti 1 Totti 2 Udinese WC14 Uruguay WC14 USA Van Der Vaart

hideOriginal Post

Mar 14, 13 at 9:00amParmar1993

Earlier today EDGE Magazine unveiled details about the new PES2014 engine and it does look very promising indeed! Although the magazine is only available if you pay for it, Winning Eleven Blog made a great article about the new engine and you can read about it HERE.

There's a lot of interesting things in the article and I've highlighted a few key things for those too lazy to click the link!

quote WENB
The new engine was thought of by many to be the Fox Engine. However, the PES team state that it is NOT the Fox Engine but an adaption of the engine made specifically for football games. The engine comes based on 3 main pillars which come as the following:
  • ‘Barycentre’ Physics and Ball Control
  • Contact and Physicality
  • Squad Emulator

Interesting too see that this is NOT the Fox Engine but that is is tailor made for football games and just like last year, they've focussed on 3 main categories of improvements/features. Definitely want to see more information about the Squad Emulator (and whether Barcelona play like Barcelona or Chelsea play like Chelsea) and the new control and contact developments.

quote WENB
It seems Team ID is also a big factor of the new engine with the new tactical side of the game. Player’s can set ‘Zones of Play’ and create playing styles that will be instantly recognizable of your favorite teams. The article mentions that of Celtic’s playing style when they managed to over come Barcelona. Players can set their full backs to over-lap or even double up on players such as Ronaldo or Messi when they receive the ball.
And Finally...

quote WENB
For those worried about the new engine only being available on next-gen, everything in Tokyo was shown to be running on the PlayStation 3. However, Konami have stated that the new engine is also ‘ready’ for next-gen.

Thread Recap (last 10 posts from newest to oldest)

Oct 03, 13 at 8:26am
Gonzo

Hey guys, posted this in another thread too, but thought it would be good here as news, and for more to see maybe as I was pretty excited to see this.

Not sure how official it is, but it looks like a patch will be coming in a couple months to fix some of the issues with the game, I will link again where I found it originally in the PES fan forum and to where it states this info.

http://forums.pesfan.com/showthread.php?252505-Konami-admits-to-mistakes-in-PES14-wont-fix-for-2-months

http://instagram.com/p/e9Yh0UGobo/

Sep 20, 13 at 8:57am
James Young

Is it bad that I normally only play BAL on PES? I know I've got the game at home and that I might start a SOMS tonight if time permits (recording the damn thing). Still, I'm going to play both PES and GTA tonight, trying to make something useful happen with both.

Sep 20, 13 at 7:04am
Saeglopur

Bummer. I might just stick to PES 2013 then for a while.

Sep 20, 13 at 6:57am
Cashis

Because that would be common sense and easy to put in therefore to even question if theyd be put back in is silly.

Sep 20, 13 at 6:54am
Parmar1993

Saeglopur, unfortunately the greatest game mode in PES history will not be making a return.

Sep 20, 13 at 6:48am
Saeglopur

Licensed kits and so on haven't mattered for years because they're so easy to replace. I'd rather they put in hundreds upon hundreds of unlicensed teams that can be replaced by option file, but obviously the loss of stadiums and stuff this time around has been a bit of a pain.

Still don't know if Random Selection matches are back or not. Can anyone tell me. Still waiting for their return, even though I'm not expecting it. They were the best on PES 6.

Sep 19, 13 at 4:24pm
Lyonnais

quote Scyzee
NO JAPAN LICENSE!! WHAT. THE. *bleep*.
On, the bright side we're supposedly getting the J Leagues in a future patch.

Sep 19, 13 at 3:48pm
Johnny Pizza Man 78

Most FIFA fans seem to think that.

Sep 19, 13 at 3:41pm
James Young

Since when does having licenses make a game better?

Sep 19, 13 at 12:47pm
Johnny Pizza Man 78

I'm never really bothered by licences tbh.

Fluminense is the next PES fan favourite, I tell ya.