Thread titleFromLast replied
Now searching...
Neoseeker Forums » » PC Games and Steam » Rumor: BioWare San Francisco shut down, dropping all 30 employees » Post Reply

REPLY TO A THREAD
Name:* Members, please LOGIN before posting
Email: We use this to display your Gravatar

Sign in with
Subject:*

HTML is not allowed
markup is allowed

Help with markup tags

Enabling Buttons in IE7

Smilies:
  ·all smilies here
:) :P ;) :( :| ;( :D :confused: :cool: :# :o ^_^ :colored: :thick:
Note to Guests: Neoseeker does not support warez of any kind. Any request for CD keys will be deleted or closed on sight, regardless of the situation. Thank you

hideOriginal Post

Mar 05, 13 at 4:23pmRabidChinaGirl

Thread Recap (last 10 posts from newest to oldest)

Mar 07, 13 at 2:42pm
Raijin1999

And i'm still waiting for a Bioforge remake/reboot/resomething.

Seriously. I'd direct it. Caynan's big blue ass would be kept intact, stupid machines will keep eating light, forks will be commanded to destroy, it'd be marvelous.

Mar 05, 13 at 8:00pm
Marc

its over biowares finished

Mar 05, 13 at 7:43pm
RabidChinaGirl

quote jolteon1996
On the Wikipedia angle: I checked out the sources, and neither of them said anything about a February 2013 closure. I have noted this on the article.
Exactly. It's just all kinds of odd.

Mar 05, 13 at 5:44pm
jolteon1996

On the Wikipedia angle: I checked out the sources, and neither of them said anything about a February 2013 closure. I have noted this on the article.

Mar 05, 13 at 5:39pm
lKasHl

This seems to be a recurring pattern in the industry:

Big publisher buys high potential smaller game studio
Big publisher constrains smaller games studio capacity to innovate since thats unnecessary risk in terms of their business model
Smaller games studio is forced to regurgitate over simplified games that there is negligible demand for.
Founders and old devs abandon ship, new guys recruited, studio loses vision and dev experience
Big publisher sees smaller games studio as underperforming
Smaller game studio gets cut

Hopefully there'll come a day where publishers inputs are kept seperate to developer operations, devs are the visionaries, publishers are just meant to be the funding and distribution.

Mar 05, 13 at 5:25pm
Thunderpizza

this isnt anything new, if they arent making strides, large publisers arent afraid to board up branches.

Mar 05, 13 at 5:14pm
TurMoiL911

I hope this is just a rumor. It seems like developers are closing left and right all of the sudden.

Mar 05, 13 at 4:23pm
RabidChinaGirl