Thread titleFromLast replied
Now searching...
Neoseeker Forums » » PC Games and Steam » After being shut down by Hasbro, fan-made My Little Pony fighter returns with support from series producer » Post Reply

Note to Guests: Neoseeker does not support warez of any kind. Any request for CD keys will be deleted or closed on sight, regardless of the situation. Thank you
REPLY TO A THREAD
Name:* Members, please LOGIN before posting
Email: We use this to display your Gravatar

Sign in with
Subject:*

HTML is not allowed
markup is allowed

Help with markup tags

Enabling Buttons in IE7

Smilies:
  ·all smilies here
:) :P ;) :( :| ;( :D :confused: :cool: :# :o ^_^ :colored: :thick:

hideOriginal Post

Mar 04, 13 at 7:22pmRabidChinaGirl

After being shut down by Hasbro, fan-made My Little Pony fighter returns with support from series producer

Lydia Sung - Monday, March 4, 2013 7:22pm (PST) Like (1) Share
Fairly happy ending to this story
 Image 1
Source: Mane6
Section: PC Games

Thread Recap (last 10 posts from newest to oldest)

Mar 05, 13 at 9:47am
KainDog

Shadow of Death Well yeah, I was just being nice. It's there own property, and they have it's rights. BUT think if they did allow it? RainbowDash vs. Scootaloo?

Mar 05, 13 at 9:29am
Shadow of Death

quote Kaindog
Hasbro, pwease? :3 You can have cuppycakes :3
The mane 6 won't ever be part of the roster (nor will any other character made by Hasbro), unless they lose their business sense and acquire the game themselves, which they won't do because it is bad for their main image (A game inspired by a series targeted mainly at young girls? The theme of the series is the magic of friendship (especially between the main characters)? And the main characters are beating eachother up?).

Yeah, objectively the mane 6 will never end up in the game now. Hasbro has to protect its IP, so it can't just let people use them in a polished game (even a free one), and they can't acquire the game because it sends the wrong message to its main demographic.

It might have managed to be completed, the project and released into the wild with all the main characters before the C&D came, except the game was thrown into the spotlight because of that fighting game tournament.

Mar 05, 13 at 8:51am
KainDog

Hasbro, pwease? :3 You can have cuppycakes :3

Mar 05, 13 at 6:24am
S-I-E

from all the things that this creepy manbaby fandom came up with i think this game truly is one of the rare exceptions that can be qualified as pure awesomeness.

i actually gone and tried this game and i mentioned once before i'm not really charmed by the online mlp fanbase for their out of place role playing and the flame wars they always have something to do with.

maybe this game has something? let's see where this will go.

Mar 05, 13 at 1:48am
Shadow of Death

bluexy - To be fair, they literally HAVE to C&D it though. They need to protect their properties. The characters in particular, lest they lose the rights to the characters by not enforcing copyright (or trademark? I keep getting those mixed up) laws.

Non-specific ponies are another matter, they're just inspired by the world and its inhabitants, not something trademarked(?) by Hasbro.

Mar 04, 13 at 9:26pm
bluexy

Sad to see Hasbro isn't budging, but a lot of respect for Faust going out of their way to support the community in what ways it can.

If you can't have specific ponies, what else works? MORE PONIES.

Mar 04, 13 at 8:32pm
ark angel1

That's freaking AWESOME I can't wait for it too be finished!
When I had heard that they stopped the making of it I was so sad but now this just made my day!

Mar 04, 13 at 8:02pm
Shadow of Death

It's great that it's still officially going forward (I wanna play it, even though I suck at fighting games), but it's a significant setback, since all that animation takes quite some time to do.

Mar 04, 13 at 7:22pm
RabidChinaGirl