Thread titleFromLast replied
Now searching...
Neoseeker Forums » » » SimCity 5 » Maxis: SimCity could see city sizes expanded in the future once computers become "more capable" » Post Reply

Note to Guests: For the enjoyment of other visitors, and to help keep this forum tidy and working smoothly, please make sure you search the forum before posting your question.
REPLY TO A THREAD
Name:* Members, please LOGIN before posting
Email: We use this to display your Gravatar

Sign in with
Subject:*

HTML is not allowed
markup is allowed

Help with markup tags

Enabling Buttons in IE7

Smilies:
  ·all smilies here
:) :P ;) :( :| ;( :D :confused: :cool: :# :o ^_^ :colored: :thick:

hideOriginal Post

Mar 04, 13 at 1:02pmRabidChinaGirl

Thread Recap (last 10 posts from newest to oldest)

Oct 30, 13 at 6:43pm
Phexameta

I agree with them making a mistake in trading city sizes for graphic detail. Yeah, being able to see every single Sim and detail on every single building's cool and all, but in the long run I'd much rather be able to have bigger cities and more population.

Oct 30, 13 at 8:35am
TG James246

I really don't think it is going to happen unfortunately.

May 29, 13 at 11:45am
Yick

Oh sacrificing city size for social features that no one really cares about...

May 28, 13 at 5:16am
russell612

So sorry for Maxis, getting controlled by a fu**ing company. EA used to be the king a few years back and it became greedy. The stupid CEO and COO should step down and give the company a second chance. Don't *bleep* the company, *bleep* the CEO and COO

Mar 09, 13 at 7:44am
EnsWinchester1

Excuse me? When computers become more 'capable?' That's complete and utter bullshit.

Lets start off with a history lesson shall we?

SimCity had HUGE cities and computers for the day were shit, hell this was a freaking console game

SimCity 2K Also had huge cities, and yet again, it was made for shit computers

SimCity 3K Read the post above

SimCity 4 and Rush Hour expansion were made for shit computers and look at how BIG those cities were. Yeah, EA really f*ked everyone on this game. I hope they go bankrupt, but sadly, that'd never happen.

Mar 04, 13 at 3:22pm
harbin

Sorry but I don't see why computers can't be good enough to have a large city sprawl now. 64bit processors on quad cores around 3Ghz, graphics cards that have shitload of video RAM and can even do complex calculations quicker beyond all supercomputers when the series arrived, and more storage on RAM than a DVD can hold.

I reckon this is just trying to cover up for bad game coding because they can't figure out how to work out commute times properly which even in SimCity 4 could piss over a small village. Hell the game even crashed to desktop commonly and they've not even bothered to address that. I wouldn't be surprised if this is a ploy by EA just to enforce their microtransaction plan by saying 'Maxed out your land? Want to expand a city? Give us £10'

It's about time EA actually started bothering about gamers properly because there are reasons they're the most hated developer and one of the most hated companies around for both employees and consumers.

I was kinda eager play SimCity 5 but the experience has left me somewhat disappointed with the game since the size of the city, what you do and what is available pales in comparison to how expansive SimCity 4 has become (even without the community modding). Hell, why should I have to pay £30 more just to get a crappy 'British' cityset that doesn't look anything remotely like UK buildings?

Take Dead-Space 3 for example. Released, with 11 immediate Day-One DLC. Now I don't mind DLC, but having a launch then immediately coming out with that, at an additional charge instead of including it in game? No thanks, I'll just wait until it perhaps appears on Steam (although it's EA so I doubt it) on offer with it all included for half the price.

EA may have started off as a pioneer in the industry but right now? I honestly couldn't care less if they crashed and burned. This is little more than an excuse for EA to try covering up for lazy programming. The graphics aren't even as heavy on a PC than most new releases these days. Why can't you create a huge urban sprawl now?

This is probably just me hating on EA as SimCity 5 could be an enjoyable game but at this rate, I'll just wait until it appears on offer.

Mar 04, 13 at 2:10pm
tekmosis

They didn't need to make models so 'detailed' by showing you every single car, sim, etc. By doing this it essentially went from "You used to be able to have 10mil people cities, but now you're limited to 200,000.". It should have been called SimTown.

After reading a lot of reviews the game seems buggy, the city max sizes are ridiculously small, there's no save/load save so if you screw something up that's it end game, there's limitations in transportation options (no subway systems). But, it seems like a lot of people doing the reviews are old school SC players.

I only played SC for PC/SNES so I'm not sure I need to start off playing with a 1mil+ population city so I'm still interested in picking this up buuuut the always online DRM seems pretty scary to me, I can see another Diablo 3 launch happening. I might just wait until after launch to pick this up.

Mar 04, 13 at 2:08pm
EnergyFlux

Wait 'till my Dad has a capable PC? Then it'll never happen. How many "mainstream" users spend any amount of money on a discrete GPU that isn't just thrown in the box when they purchase it?

Mar 04, 13 at 1:17pm
DedValve

Using google bullshit "we decided that humans enjoy being whored out for their money, so we decided why not leave out a big feature from previous games to sell it later at a higher cost! Humans are really naive!

Mar 04, 13 at 1:02pm
RabidChinaGirl