Thread titleFromLast replied
Now searching...
Neoseeker Forums » » » The Last of Us » The Last of Us' first development trailer 'Hush' talks the fungus among us » Post Reply

Note to Guests: For the enjoyment of other visitors, and to help keep this forum tidy and working smoothly, please make sure you search the forum before posting your question.
REPLY TO A THREAD
Name:* Members, please LOGIN before posting
Email: We use this to display your Gravatar

Sign in with
Subject:*

HTML is not allowed
markup is allowed

Help with markup tags

Enabling Buttons in IE7

Smilies:
  ·all smilies here
:) :P ;) :( :| ;( :D :confused: :cool: :# :o ^_^ :colored: :thick:

hideOriginal Post

Feb 28, 13 at 11:33ambluexy

The Last of Us' first development trailer 'Hush' talks the fungus among us

Rory Young - Thursday, February 28, 2013 11:33am (PST) Like Share
"It's called luck, and it's gonna run out."
 Image 1

Thread Recap (last 10 posts from newest to oldest)

Mar 01, 13 at 11:03am
Yogurt

Another video filled with pure awesomeness. I wonder what the third type of Infected is? I wonder how the core mechanics of this will play out.

Feb 28, 13 at 12:35pm
Agent Mo

Well, they showed a lot of the characteristics in that gameplay....Joel through a bottle as a distraction, when he shot his gun they all came rushing to where he was at the time, at one point he stared at one directly with his torch pointing at it and it didn't react....etc etc. The deadly spores thing will be interesting to know more about though yes.

Feb 28, 13 at 12:31pm
bluexy

Agent Mo Yeah sure they've shown the Infected themselves quite a few tines. What I mean is sort of gameplay they intuit in this new trailer, using sound to your advantage, the enemy's disadvantage. The mechanics of the Infected's senses.

Don't get me wrong, the action bang bang, instant kill stuff is fun and interesting, and maybe you can play the whole game like that. Really hoping they've got some more immersive, atmospheric stuff coming up soon. Like the dead Infected releasing spores... how will that fit into gameplay? hmmm

Feb 28, 13 at 12:21pm
Animatrix

Too bad it's not coming out on all the consoles.

Feb 28, 13 at 12:16pm
DedValve

Explosions? no check.
BANGBANGSHOOTSHOOTBANGPOOMPEW!? no check.
Horde mode gameplay? no check.
Retarded ai that constantly gets in trouble to "up the anti"? ...no check.
more BANGBANG? no check.
Stealth like gameplay with brutal gameplay? Check.

THIS GAME IS DOING IT ALL WRONG. WHERE IS THE SEASON PASS?

Feb 28, 13 at 12:10pm
Agent Mo

Um.... Ded Valve, bluexy....

Also, at the end they show (and have confirmed) Joel getting one hit killed by a clicker (type of infected).

Feb 28, 13 at 12:01pm
DedValve

It'd be amazing if our heroes aren't totally and completely immune to the virus outside cutscenes (oh noes, i got bit by a zombie in a cutscene, but the 999 other times it happened doesn't count since thats gameplay!) and can get infected, making it an actual "zombie" apocalypse and not a "lolzombiespocalypse" like other zombie games (you know which one Im talking bout bluxy).

Perhaps this game will do something rare and original and have you avoid th infected rather than slaughter them by the millions with your bare awesomesauce!

Feb 28, 13 at 11:57am
bluexy

Ded Valve Not yet. I think they're really saving it for the right time.

Pretty telling that the protagonist of The Last of Us is basically scared beyond all reason, totally fatalist, right? But he has no problems with psycho dudes and bashing in their heads. He's not afraid of those dudes. He's afraid of this Infection... and we're only just starting to learn about it.

Of course, there might be something more to it...

Feb 28, 13 at 11:53am
DedValve

I love how they totally downplayed the infected in favor of showing off the survival aspects of this game. It looks like Naughty Dog really "gets it", like they just now. Have they even released a video centered around the infected in gameplay yet?

Either way TLUS is amazing.

Feb 28, 13 at 11:33am
bluexy