Thread titleFromLast replied
Now searching...
Neoseeker Forums » » » » Assassin's Creed IV: Black Flag » Assassin's Creed IV: Black Flag officially announced by Ubisoft, press release on March 4 » Post Reply

Note to Guests: For the enjoyment of other visitors, and to help keep this forum tidy and working smoothly, please make sure you search the forum before posting your question.
REPLY TO A THREAD
Name:* Members, please LOGIN before posting
Email: We use this to display your Gravatar

Sign in with
Subject:*

HTML is not allowed
markup is allowed

Help with markup tags

Enabling Buttons in IE7

Smilies:
  ·all smilies here
:) :P ;) :( :| ;( :D :confused: :cool: :# :o ^_^ :colored: :thick:
Community Badges

Join to get access to all the badges!

Abstergo Pirate Assassin Pirate Assassin Pirate Assassin Pirate Assassin Pirate Assassin Pirate Assassin Unity Altair Arno Assassin Connor Ezio

hideOriginal Post

Feb 28, 13 at 8:25amDragoon

Assassin's Creed IV: Black Flag officially announced by Ubisoft, press release on March 4

Shayn Dickens - Thursday, February 28, 2013 8:25am (PST) Like Share
Ubisoft announces the game on Twitter
 Image 3
Image Gallery

Thread Recap (last 10 posts from newest to oldest)

Mar 20, 13 at 10:17pm
DarshD

quote Blazing Tempest
quote Dragoon
Assassin's Creed IV: Black Flag is planned for the Xbox 360, PlayStation 3 and PC.
Not the Wii U?
It's going to be on the PS4 so, yeah, it could be on the Wii-U too.

Mar 14, 13 at 9:39am
Capaldi

quote imcupid
When it'll be released? Next year?
iirc it's been confirmed that the release date is October

Mar 14, 13 at 12:02am
imcupid

When it'll be released? Next year?

Mar 03, 13 at 1:19pm
Resilience

I can see pirates on both ends of the game.

Mar 03, 13 at 7:23am
DedValve

I'll wait for Assassins Creed V since this year I'll be to broke getting an iPhone 5S and the 6S in 2015.

So where do I double down my pre-order on the ACV Season Pass?

Mar 03, 13 at 7:12am
Dantess26

quote oni_hero
I love how up their own ass the gaming community has become. A game series releases a yearly game and that is INSTANTLY a bad thing. Assassin's Creed is a series (one of few if not the only) that I feel has been doing it right. Each game does some new things and if they don't work they aren't used again.
It's not a bad thing. Brotherhood was a worthy sequel to AC2 in my eyes. Revelations I actually did enjoy (particularly the 3-fold story), but was too damn familiar! And AC3... well... AC3 made Revelations look like a masterpiece. They've added and added and added content year after year and all these features just over-complicate and water down the experience.

quote oni_hero
Wasn't Assassin's Creed 3 in development for over 3 years? How much slower should they go lol?
It had been in development for 3 years yes, and it was (as many fans will agree) a weaker game than the yearly released Ezio-sequels. It makes little sense, and I really wonder if AC3 was in development for that long. Did they work on it with a team of 5 people for the first two of those years?? If they went slow and released AC3, then I want them to go back to making games yearly! Give me another Brotherhood any day!

quote oni_hero
I loved it and loved the fact that it advanced the future plotline.
The fact that it advanced the plot-line is EXACTLY what pisses me off. It should have been a clear cut ending, wrapping up the WHOLE story. It just felt weak, pasted on and begging the consumer-base to purchase next year's installment. The plot wasn't a self-contained story (forgivable, seeing as games work in series' nowadays) but it leaves so much to be explained by it's successor. There's a thin line between an AC fan and a cog in Ubisoft's cash-cow.

Mar 03, 13 at 2:14am
oni_hero

quote Oglop
For the first time in my life, I'm not getting an AC game on the day it releases.

AC3 was a major dissapointment, and frankly, Ubisoft needs to stop milking the yearly cow and take it slow.

Wasn't Assassin's Creed 3 in development for over 3 years? How much slower should they go lol? I still don't get why so many people were let down by it. I loved it and loved the fact that it advanced the future plotline.

Mar 02, 13 at 6:28pm
Oglop

For the first time in my life, I'm not getting an AC game on the day it releases.

AC3 was a major dissapointment, and frankly, Ubisoft needs to stop milking the yearly cow and take it slow.

Mar 02, 13 at 5:26pm
Taki

They've done a couple of new things with each game and of course they have to, but it's never anything drastic. From the first game to the second, that's when they actually turned it around.

Brotherhood was a *bleep*ing great game though, and did actually took it further and made up for many things ac2 lacked. Revelations on the other hand was a total failure. I still think the 'assassin' bit should be put focus on again. Make it darker, scarier, more difficult, more realistic, etc.That's the beauty of the series for me.

Mar 02, 13 at 3:42pm
Axe

I don't think that the Assassin's Creed games are doing new things, and I don't think that they're bad games for it either. Played the first one - great, original game. Played the second one - new times, locales and technology gave the series a fresh, innovative coat of paint, even if it does hold your hand the whole time. Played Brotherhood - 2 in Rome. Nothing new. Shortly thereafter, Revelations was released, promising even more Ezio. The last game I played (aside from the pretty good but samey Vita title, Liberations) was Brotherhood, and the series still hasn't won me back. It takes a lot of work to make the iconic hooded figure of the series into something generic.