Thread titleFromLast replied
Now searching...
Neoseeker Forums » » Hardware, Builds and Overclocking » k so total noob here » Post Reply

Note to Guests: Advertising of any kind is not allowed in these forums!If you fix your problem on your own, please post a message describing how you fixed the issue so that others with a similar problem can use your method to fix their issue.
REPLY TO A THREAD
Name:* Members, please LOGIN before posting
Email: We use this to display your Gravatar

Sign in with
Subject:*

HTML is not allowed
markup is allowed

Help with markup tags

Enabling Buttons in IE7

Smilies:
  ·all smilies here
:) :P ;) :( :| ;( :D :confused: :cool: :# :o ^_^ :colored: :thick:

Thread Recap (last 10 posts from newest to oldest)

Feb 28, 13 at 12:51pm
ashantiqua

getting red and white cables (audio) from hdmi would be a somewhat complicated process - youd be converting digital to analog.

best bet is to connect the wii via component, and connect the laptop via 3.5" jack-to-rca... looks like this:

http://ebay.keeneyedeals.com/img/20110831/_MG_1532.JPG

one part connects to your laptops headphone port, the other to the TV. youd get video from the wii, and audio from the laptop.

Feb 27, 13 at 9:42pm
Fallen Royalty

I'm living in a dorm; I've got my TV, laptop, and Wii. Laptop is hooked up to the TV with an HDMI cable, the Wii with component cables. I like to play Wii and I also like to listen to music through the TV because the speakers are better than my laptop's. The question is, can I do both at the same time? Can I somehow stream sound from the laptop and video from the Wii into the TV at once?

I was thinking just unplug the red-and-white audio cables from the Wii out of the back of the TV and replace them with red-and-white cables coming out of the laptop. Except how do I get red-and-white audio cables coming out of the laptop? Can I use this -

and hook it up to this -

and then plug the red-and-white from those obsolete composite cables into the component slots on the back of the television?

I know I wouldn't be able to hear the game but idgaf.