Thread titleFromLast replied
Now searching...
Neoseeker Forums » » Gaming Lounge » All future EA games will include microtransactions, if EA's Blake Jorgensen is correct » Post Reply

Note to Guests: For the enjoyment of other visitors, and to help keep this forum tidy and working smoothly, please make sure you search the forum before posting your question.
REPLY TO A THREAD
Name:* Members, please LOGIN before posting
Email: We use this to display your Gravatar

Sign in with
Subject:*

HTML is not allowed
markup is allowed

Help with markup tags

Enabling Buttons in IE7

Smilies:
  ·all smilies here
:) :P ;) :( :| ;( :D :confused: :cool: :# :o ^_^ :colored: :thick:

hideOriginal Post

Feb 27, 13 at 1:23pmRabidChinaGirl

All future EA games will include microtransactions, if EA's Blake Jorgensen is correct

Lydia Sung - Wednesday, February 27, 2013 1:23pm (PST) Like Share
Because consumers are "embracing" this business model
 Image 1
Source: Develop

Thread Recap (last 10 posts from newest to oldest)

Mar 29, 13 at 5:29pm
Zale

You know, what really sucks is this business model is already being adapted by other companies. I mean, I used to be safe from DLC crap under my rock in the hand-held gaming market, but the PSP's, 3DS's, and Vita's Internet capabilities have allowed it be infected by this over-priced crap.

The DLC sub-market should have never been allowed to get to point to where game playability is hindered when you don't throw cash at companies.

Mar 19, 13 at 1:43am
KR_1250

quote Slash
How am I trolling?
The person who expects that he should get 100% of the games content when he buys a game used must be joking.
The devs don't receive any money when you decide buy the game used.
You have a shockingly simplistic world view.

Cars, Houses, Clothes, Bicycles, Dogs, DVDs, PCs, Curtains, Microwaves, Footballs, Bibles, Hair Curlers, Every video game ever made up until like 2010 etc etc etc....

Almost every single object you can buy used comes with 100% functionality. And none of those manufacturers make more money. Infact many of these things are protected by law. Games are THE EXCEPTION to that rule. Not the norm. Almost every object imaginable comes with 100% functionality when bought used.

Infact what else do you buy used which does NOT come with 100% functionality outside a small percentage of very recent games? And the worst part is you think you are being really clever here.

Mar 18, 13 at 5:04pm
Zombie_Barioth

So then why is it that NOW its ok to lock out content from used games, and not all companies are doing it so it can't be as required as some of them keep claiming. The number of people playing can't exceed the number of disks printed so its not like if you bought a used game the guy who sold it can still playing. He would need to buy yet another disk. Why is it that there are consumers that actually feel the need to defend these draconian business practices in the first place, since when is it the consumers' job to do so?

Instead of trying to lock content away to force us to buy new why not make a game worth buying new in the first place?

Mar 18, 13 at 4:22pm
Wakaman

I don't see why they're entitled to more money, I say more because that game was already bought new, and as such they recieved the money from that particular copy. They didn't get cheated out of anything, because it's more than likely that that used copy would not have been bought new by a certain person, let's say KR_1250. They just want whatever excuse they can make to keep getting money from consumers.

Hilarious how you think they're entitled to more cash from a single copy than what they're actually entitled to, which is the $60, and not even.

Mar 18, 13 at 4:20pm
Ben73

quote Slash
quote KR_1250
Slash

I'll just let the stupidity in your last post stand for itself.

Says the person who expects to get 100% of the game's content when he buys it used hahaha
Yeah true.
When I bought my used car it had no wheels or tyres.
I had to go to Chrysler and buy them so they could make a little extra money off a car they have already sold and made money of it when it was new.
I think all used cars should have there wheels removed so the new owner has to give the manufacture more money to get them back.

Mar 18, 13 at 4:13pm
Slash

How am I trolling?
The person who expects that he should get 100% of the games content when he buys a game used must be joking.
The devs don't receive any money when you decide buy the game used.
I don't like Online Passes but I'm perfectly fine with having them as I can understand why they're being used.

I can understand the complaint when you buy a game new and then DLC comes out the next day but online passes? No.

Mar 18, 13 at 4:09pm
Duncan Idaho

quote Slash
quote KR_1250
Slash

Says the person who expects to get 100% of the game's content when he buys it used hahaha
fail troll is fail

Mar 18, 13 at 4:01pm
Slash

quote KR_1250
Slash

Mar 18, 13 at 1:24pm
hiigaran

i wouldnt work for EA. not for all the money in the world. id rather work for activision in making COD75

Mar 18, 13 at 1:20pm
Duncan Idaho

quote hiigaran
i doubt EA and EA alone gets the crap from people. its just that EA is the worst of all the companies. i particularly hate them for buying out one of my favourite companies, and destroying a popular game series with their 'hurr, graphics > all' mentality.
EA is doing very bad, i just saw a news on game sutra one of their CEO's/Board members quit from the company, no replacement has been announced