Thread titleFromLast replied
Now searching...
Neoseeker Forums » » » General Playstation 3 » Don't play MGS: Revengeance on hard.. » Post Reply

Note to Guests: For the enjoyment of other visitors, and to help keep this forum tidy and working smoothly, please make sure you search the forum before posting your question.
REPLY TO A THREAD
Name:* Members, please LOGIN before posting
Email: We use this to display your Gravatar

Sign in with
Subject:*

HTML is not allowed
markup is allowed

Help with markup tags

Enabling Buttons in IE7

Smilies:
  ·all smilies here
:) :P ;) :( :| ;( :D :confused: :cool: :# :o ^_^ :colored: :thick:

hideOriginal Post

Feb 25, 13 at 6:45pmnipsen

It's ridiculously difficult in the first place, of course. And once you get to the last boss - you do need to perfectly dodge scripted homing attacks every 20 seconds or so, that will kill you in three hits.. and.. the boss-fight will last for at least 15 minutes.

But the boss' grappling attack is actually bugged, so he makes an impossible u-turn and grabs you even if you dodge it. Great reward for getting to the end of the game.

Did Kijoma's testers just tire out towards the end because of the cutscenes, or what?

(They actually managed to miss a perfect opportunity to make Raiden do his "I like this!" speech as well. Seriously, they have.. hours of chat in here, and they had the perfect setup, the perfect exchange (in between the crazy). And then they replaced the one point in the conversation where a monologue actually would have fitted with "I'm going to kill you". Good grief.. And now I have to play the thing through all the monologues again on normal to get to see the ending...)

Thread Recap (last 10 posts from newest to oldest)

Feb 26, 13 at 9:57am
nipsen

It's not Metal Gear. Or, it's a bit like MGS2 after you get towards the end, and you get the sword. It's very much set up like that, with the fights and the levels not being completely linear, even if you're sneaking up a corridor. Still - not Metal Gear.

But the slicing mechanics are pretty good.

Finally got it - you had to cut the boss in the back. (Seriously, Kojima? Cut the boss in the back? What sort of vile filth is this stuff?). And once you get halfway to the second stage, it rains nanopaste, so... there we go..

Seriously, cut the cheap boss in the back? >_<

Feb 26, 13 at 9:55am
reaver11

quote Coi Cki
Eh... Wasn't even thinking of getting this, not once since it was announced. I mean, Metal Gear, and Lightning Bolt Action? That's not the Metal Gear I've come to know and love. That's not Metal Gear.
This. Can't say I'm a Raiden hater. I enjoyed his story in MGS2. But this game just doesn't do it for me. A Metal Gear game without any of the Snakes isn't a Metal Gear game at all. And I don't care what the reviews say. "Best MG game this gen"? They obviously forgot to play the 4th.

Feb 26, 13 at 9:31am
Coi Cki

Eh... Wasn't even thinking of getting this, not once since it was announced. I mean, Metal Gear, and Lightning Bolt Action? That's not the Metal Gear I've come to know and love. That's not Metal Gear.

Feb 26, 13 at 9:19am
nipsen

Monsoon if - when - you end up being pushed into a wall, for example. lol Completely broken. If people haven't played it.. - at least on hard, he can randomly decide to drop a red phosphorous grenade, and then non-stop attack you until the phosphorous disperses, with ninja-lunges from random directions. The attacks can be blocked, obviously, but it lasts a good 30-40 seconds (happened to me a couple of times that he did it twice in a row). And one miss, and you're down 20% health. At the end of the combo comes (consistently, I think it's meant to be that way) a lunge from out of camera (even when you're locked), that will stagger you and set you up for a sai-combo that can't actually be escaped from(unlike when you can simply block the leg he shoots up to launch you into the unbreakable cutscene otherwise).

But if you stand some 10 Raiden-lunges(steps) from a wall(you get pushed back from each lunge you block) - then even when you block, you eventually get pushed into the wall, and the camera starts rotating or switching. And now the block stops working, since you have to face the attack before the block. So suddenly you go from "difficult", to simply tedious and broken.

And that's really how the last boss-fight was as well - it's not truly extremely difficult. But you can only get hit (by any attack, even a strafe) 3 times until you get the health-pickups halfway. At that point the boss heals himself (it's lasted 15 minutes now?), and there's no obvious way to stop it. And if you do hit him while he's charging - three automatic hits and you're dead. When he's fully healed again, he starts with the unblockable combos. On top of that, it's the homing lunges that can't be blocked, and where it's only possible to dodge if you have distance between you before the lunge goes off. I.e., if you dodge at the beginning of the lunge with a x+square combo (say, because the boss walled you in with fire - that will kill you in three hits) - the lunge will make a turn and return around in an impossible angle before it's possible to trigger x+square again.

I took out Monsoon in 3 tries or so, but I had to give up on the last boss.

Note: I have a platinum trophy on WipeoutHD, there's nothing wrong with my reflexes. So this is a dare of some sort, I guess. Someone could prove it's possible to beat the game on hard, before Kojima and Platinum come out with a patch.

Feb 26, 13 at 4:30am
Horse

If the game at least allowed you to block, I'd love it. Unfortunately, the parry system combined with the completely random and jarring camera angles is completely broken and stupid.

Combined with the broken targeting system that only works when it feels like it, this game can be a nightmare to play.

Feb 25, 13 at 9:27pm
Raijin1999

What do you mean "Kojima's testers?". Konami didn't develop the game, Platinum did.

Feb 25, 13 at 8:19pm
Shave ya Head

Yeah, some of the guys on this forum have mastered some of the hardest games there is so....

Feb 25, 13 at 6:45pm
nipsen

It's ridiculously difficult in the first place, of course. And once you get to the last boss - you do need to perfectly dodge scripted homing attacks every 20 seconds or so, that will kill you in three hits.. and.. the boss-fight will last for at least 15 minutes.

But the boss' grappling attack is actually bugged, so he makes an impossible u-turn and grabs you even if you dodge it. Great reward for getting to the end of the game.

Did Kijoma's testers just tire out towards the end because of the cutscenes, or what?

(They actually managed to miss a perfect opportunity to make Raiden do his "I like this!" speech as well. Seriously, they have.. hours of chat in here, and they had the perfect setup, the perfect exchange (in between the crazy). And then they replaced the one point in the conversation where a monologue actually would have fitted with "I'm going to kill you". Good grief.. And now I have to play the thing through all the monologues again on normal to get to see the ending...)