Thread titleFromLast replied
Now searching...
Neoseeker Forums » » ReQuests, Feedback and Suggestions » [Suggestion] Disgaea Community » Post Reply

Note to Guests: This forum is only for issues related to neoseeker.com. Please, do not post questions related to games. RFS is for site related discussion. If you require gaming help, check the forum directory here and search for the correct forum.
REPLY TO A THREAD
Name:* Members, please LOGIN before posting
Email: We use this to display your Gravatar

Sign in with
Subject:*

HTML is not allowed
markup is allowed

Help with markup tags

Enabling Buttons in IE7

Smilies:
  ·all smilies here
:) :P ;) :( :| ;( :D :confused: :cool: :# :o ^_^ :colored: :thick:

hideOriginal Post

Feb 24, 13 at 3:48pmShadow of Death

Considering there are a Fair Few Disgaea games (4 Main Series, 4 ports, 1 Interactive Visual Novel Thing, and a couple of companion games), and especially considering that Disgaea D2 is coming out later this year (Soon in Japan, Fall in NA/EU), that this series should get a community some time in this year, particularly before the NA/EU release dates.

Now, since it's still in Beta, I can understand a reluctance to make too many Communities too soon, but I thought I'd bring it up.

As an aside, I'm surprised there isn't already a FF community.

I'll just notify some of the old/new~ish crowd nao. There aren't too many of us, but we're all pretty dedicated to the series.

Tenshi, Lorx, Tay Rex, Frozen Atari, Prometheusx303, Corruption, Vitehite

Thread Recap (last 10 posts from newest to oldest)

Aug 08, 13 at 4:19pm
LOD-squa

Disgaea has been created, Shadow of Death is currently working on populating it.

Tenshi, Tay Rex, Frozen Atari, Prometheusx303, Corruption, Vitehite Aerotrunks

Aug 08, 13 at 11:40am
Tenshi

It's not like we have a huge community anyways even between all the games so it'd be nice to facilitate a little more discussion...Plus, anyone who's a fan of a series like this will undoubtedly always be buying the latest titles so we should have more than just generic topics to talk about.

My vote is dark red default links similar to Etna's hair color and blue (after clicked) links similar to Laharl's hair color.

Aug 08, 13 at 6:11am
Shadow of Death

Lod-squa - No problem There is also the TV series, listed on Neo. Volume 1, Volume 2, & Volume 3. There are also manga and novels, but nothing on Neo.

Currently it's mostly the Disgaea D2 forum that's active at all. Game hasn't come out in NA or EU yet though.

Aug 08, 13 at 4:49am
LOD-squa

Shadow of Death - Hi! Would it be possible for you to get a community layout(Disgaea) together? I would like to see how this community would look, you can use a layout like:
  • Category
    • Forum
    • Forum
    • Forum
  • Category
    • Forum
    • Forum
    • Forum
(Links please)

And so on, it helps us better visualize how the community will be able to be structured and also look at the activity within all of the forums.

Tenshi, Lorx, Tay Rex, Frozen Atari, Prometheusx303, Corruption, Vitehite Aerotrunks - You guys are welcome to pitch in too with community ideas and a color layout for the theme.

Aug 07, 13 at 9:29pm
Aerotrunks

I support this. I just saw the Pokemon Community and I was really impressed by the whole thing. I like how it can look really cool and be a great way to tie all the content together.
I really don't care either way what its named (NIS or Disgaea) though.Just my 2 cents.

Feb 25, 13 at 10:13pm
Frozen Atari

The umbrella community for NIS sounds good to me. Most people who enjoy Disgaea like NIS's other games and they tend to overlap in some way or another. Plus organizing the games help make the forums all that easier to navigate.

Depending on what the specifications(size and height/width) for the badges I can whip some up.

edit- Hmm, I see its still in beta, TT. May be awhile before it goes full steam. No worries. I look forward to its full potential.

Feb 24, 13 at 7:04pm
Shadow of Death

Tenshi & Corruption - These are communities.

They're convenient hubs for game/entertainment series and associated lounges.

For example, the Disgaea community would list all the Disgaea games, plus (most likely) the General PS3 forum, General PS2 Forum, General PSP forum, General PSV forum, and General DS forum (because all those platforms have at least one

Community members would be able to pick up a badge that displays next to their name in the Disgaea forums. Badges are little icons. For example, this is the one I'm currently using in the Borderlands Community:

We could use little sprites for Disgaea. It would certainly be convenient, considering how many sprites there are. I should have some that are already made, somewhere.

We could also suggest that instead of a Disgaea forum, a NIS (developer) forum?

Feb 24, 13 at 5:03pm
Corruption

What is this, now? Not sure what communities are, but I'm game, I guess. xD

It's Disgaea, so I say let's do it. FOR THE OVERLORD.

Feb 24, 13 at 4:38pm
Lorx

Seems like an interesting idea.

I'll think a little more on it and pass the word along while others have the chance to respond, doesn't sound like a bad plan anyway.

Feb 24, 13 at 4:31pm
Tenshi

I don't even know what communities are or how they work on Neo (though it's pretty self explanatory). Yeah, you don't see quite as many Disgaea fans, but we're all loyal.

I'd support this, in any event.