Thread titleFromLast replied
Now searching...
Neoseeker Forums » » Computer Help and Discussion » Windows Killing User Processes On Its Own. » Post Reply

Note to Guests: For the enjoyment of other visitors, and to help keep this forum tidy and working smoothly, please make sure you search the forum before posting your question.
REPLY TO A THREAD
Name:* Members, please LOGIN before posting
Email: We use this to display your Gravatar

Sign in with
Subject:*

HTML is not allowed
markup is allowed

Help with markup tags

Enabling Buttons in IE7

Smilies:
  ·all smilies here
:) :P ;) :( :| ;( :D :confused: :cool: :# :o ^_^ :colored: :thick:

Thread Recap (last 10 posts from newest to oldest)

Feb 24, 13 at 9:05am
Arietta

Can someone please help me learn what's going on? I'm having a bizarre problem with Windows (that in the end, it's probably a hardware issue because I formatted this computer twice in the last few weeks, and everytime it's been doing the same).

Basically, Windows is killing some processes I start either manually or on startup. Such an example is Bitcasa, the app of a cloud storage provider that is supposed to run in the background, monitoring changes in your files to see if it should upload them. The icon of this program is usually on the place where the clock is. Every now and then I want to check the processes of my uploads just to find the program is gone, and I have to start it again.

At first I used to think this was a problem with Bitcasa itself, but now this has started happening with Dropbox - I have the Dropbox processes open all the time but sometimes I look at the system tray and the Dropbox icon is gone.

Its annoying so I would love anyone who can give me a hand figuring out what's going on and how to fix it.