Thread titleFromLast replied
Now searching...
Neoseeker Forums » » » PlayStation 4 » Sony's list of third-party developers for PlayStation 4 is inspiring, however unlikely » Post Reply

REPLY TO A THREAD
Name:* Members, please LOGIN before posting
Email: We use this to display your Gravatar

Sign in with
Subject:*

HTML is not allowed
markup is allowed

Help with markup tags

Enabling Buttons in IE7

Smilies:
  ·all smilies here
:) :P ;) :( :| ;( :D :confused: :cool: :# :o ^_^ :colored: :thick:
Community Badges

Join to get access to all the badges!

Black Flag Bronze Trophy COD Ghosts Good Cole Crash Bandicoot 1 Delsin Rowe Dualshock 41 Dualshock 42 Evil Cole Gold Trophy Guerrilla Games Helghan Helghast Logo Knack Kratos Nathan Drake 1 Old Snake Platinum Trophy PS2 PS3 PS4 Playstation Logo PSX Sackboy Infamous Second Son Silver Trophy Sly Cooper Spyro the Dragon Spyro the Dragon 2 Sweet Tooth
Note to Guests: For the enjoyment of other visitors, and to help keep this forum tidy and working smoothly, please make sure you search the forum before posting your question.

hideOriginal Post

Feb 20, 13 at 9:05pmbluexy

Thread Recap (last 10 posts from newest to oldest)

Feb 21, 13 at 2:36pm
Abyss Raider

Level-5, tri-Ace, FromSoftware, Telltale, and of course all the ones we know and love. I'm happy.

Feb 21, 13 at 9:46am
Raijin1999

Oh I believe every one of them is coming on board. The ease of developing and the need to get back on the train are overpowering, and with the social updates offering better tracking it means figuring out what works all the more quickly and being able to can it and manufacture it with the quickness.

Likely many of these devs will be releasing smaller network released games too, especially now that they have more control over the client updates/patches. It's the most freedom they've had ever (on a console, mind you), and most would be anxious to appeal as soon as possible, especially those Japanese developers that had to jump through higher hurdles (that were practically set on fire) during the PS3 age.

No doubt Dark Souls is coming for the PS4. The early interviews stated the visuals they saw being played looked far better than what the PS3 was capable of.

Feb 21, 13 at 8:54am
Wakaman

quote jbh
quote Wakaman
Konami+From Software, all I need to care about. Even if this is speculation on whether or not they'll be making games for this console. Even a marginal possibility of another Souls game is good enough for me.
Dark Souls 2 is announced, and it has a trailer

Interesting to see Bethesda there.
I know that, but I mean imagine another one, or hell imagine Dark Souls 2 running on this.

I wonder what Microsoft's will be like.

Feb 21, 13 at 3:00am
Shadow of Death

quote jbh
Dunno where you get that from, they're way more likely to have appeared on the list than half the devs on the list really.

I'd be surprised if they weren't on the list.

Wonder if the next Fallout will be on the PS4 and next X-box though. Not this Fall, but perhaps the next one?

Feb 21, 13 at 2:54am
jbh

quote Wakaman
Konami+From Software, all I need to care about. Even if this is speculation on whether or not they'll be making games for this console. Even a marginal possibility of another Souls game is good enough for me.
Dark Souls 2 is announced, and it has a trailer

Feb 20, 13 at 9:56pm
DragonSlayer45

Atlus? Persona 5 on the PS4? It would make me go out and buy it immediately.

Also nice to see Level-5, tri-Ace and From Software on the list. At least the more "niche and lesser-known" developers are also getting some attention for the new generation of consoles.

Feb 20, 13 at 9:52pm
Shadow of Death

Aye, that is quite a list and the idea that they aren't all developing, but do own a Dev kit makes sense.

Still, nice to see NIS on the list. Maybe the next Disgaea game will be on PS4? Of course, they're hardly using all the power of the PS3 as it is XD

Feb 20, 13 at 9:51pm
Wakaman

Feb 20, 13 at 9:20pm
Spook

Yeah... It's more than a little bit too good to be true.

Feb 20, 13 at 9:05pm
bluexy