Thread titleFromLast replied
Now searching...
Neoseeker Forums » » » Far Cry 3 » Thinking of getting Far Cry 3.. » Post Reply

Note to Guests: For the enjoyment of other visitors, and to help keep this forum tidy and working smoothly, please make sure you search the forum before posting your question.
REPLY TO A THREAD
Name:* Members, please LOGIN before posting
Email: We use this to display your Gravatar

Sign in with
Subject:*

HTML is not allowed
markup is allowed

Help with markup tags

Enabling Buttons in IE7

Smilies:
  ·all smilies here
:) :P ;) :( :| ;( :D :confused: :cool: :# :o ^_^ :colored: :thick:

hideOriginal Post

Feb 20, 13 at 7:34pmCoi Cki

... but I'm kind of turned off by how FC2 was.. So, if you guys would help seal the deal for me, I'd appreciate that..

So, how is FC3 compared to FC2?

I hated the whole malaria (or whateves) thing in FC2, and the fact that an enemy camp I just cleared is fully manned after 5 mins.. Also, is there any kind of customisation in FC3 (weapons, vehicles)?

Thread Recap (last 10 posts from newest to oldest)

Jul 03, 13 at 2:07am
citypest

Far cry 3 is a worth to play this game.

May 04, 13 at 5:25am
dimy2000

AWESOME Game. I literally cannot stop playing it. It has an amazing story, endless things to do, a huge open world. it is just fantastic. my favourite game. it also has a great multiplayer.

Mar 20, 13 at 9:42am
AwakenedSoldier

I enjoyed the idea of outposts re-spawning in FC2, I love lots of combat, malaria i'll agree that was a bit annoying, but FC3 has a lot of great features, except the one thing they took out that i loved, which was mounted weaponry in the Map editor, other than that the game is a great buy and worth every penny, especially since they added the Master difficulty and Reset outposts options into the game. Just stay away from the online at the moment until they fix the gun leveling issue.

Feb 23, 13 at 8:20am
nipsen

Yeah, they've done at least some of the shader code over the spus, so dynamic lights, some of the shading is.. actually very nice. Not perfect framerate, but you don't get that on a reasonably fast pc either with a high detail setting. They've essentially made a compromise here - you get reasonably good overall framerate, fairly high effect settings, and none of the effects coming in suddenly drop the framerate. But you're not reaching the v-sync all the time. (I prefer that to sudden framedrops and static lighting, though..).

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fidf44fnS9M

Feb 22, 13 at 9:06am
Coi Cki

Thanks for your replies, JonesLFC, Pauliepoos and redneonfish. Deffs looking like a great game. Looking forward to it.

Feb 22, 13 at 8:21am
redneonfish

Coi Cki There's a couple of co op trophies for platinum which are, obviously, really easy. The rest of the trophies are relatively simple too, there's only one 'difficult' one and that's collecting all the perks; it's annoying because unlocking perks requires you to perform certain takedowns, and there aren't many areas in which you can perform some of them.

Feb 21, 13 at 8:38pm
Coi Cki

quote Pauliepoos
I had a blast with it tbh. It was one of the few games these days that I enjoyed so much I decided to platinum it.

How is the platinum in it? Any online trophies that might get in the way?

Feb 21, 13 at 5:48pm
Pauliepoos

quote Coi Cki
How does the game perform on PS3?
It performs excellently. And yeah, enemy outposts don't respawn after you take em over, resulting in vastly reduced enemies patrolling the surrounding area. Like a previous poster said, you still get the (very) occasional patrol wondering around a liberated area but its rare. And contrary to what he said they aren't a problem (imo) and they are easily dispatched or lost in your rear view mirror.

I had a blast with it tbh. It was one of the few games these days that I enjoyed so much I decided to platinum it.

Feb 21, 13 at 3:41pm
JonesLFC

can confirm it's epic.

Feb 21, 13 at 7:00am
Coi Cki

Thanks, A Person & jbh.. Going to get this on monday.