Thread titleFromLast replied
Now searching...
Neoseeker Forums » » Hardware, Builds and Overclocking » PSU Question. » Post Reply

Note to Guests: Advertising of any kind is not allowed in these forums!If you fix your problem on your own, please post a message describing how you fixed the issue so that others with a similar problem can use your method to fix their issue.
REPLY TO A THREAD
Name:* Members, please LOGIN before posting
Email: We use this to display your Gravatar

Sign in with
Subject:*

HTML is not allowed
markup is allowed

Help with markup tags

Enabling Buttons in IE7

Smilies:
  ·all smilies here
:) :P ;) :( :| ;( :D :confused: :cool: :# :o ^_^ :colored: :thick:

hideOriginal Post

Feb 20, 13 at 10:58amSmok3Dogg

Want some opinions about this PSU: Silverstone

I have always used Corsair in my builds. and was thinking of try that psu for a new build.

Thread Recap (last 10 posts from newest to oldest)

Feb 25, 13 at 11:18am
harhis23

the price is a bit expensive but that unit, the one you linked, is good. My first machine was powered up by Silverstone... I just couldn't use it for my new rig because it was just 650 watts. I needed 800W, at least. It still works to this day since I assembled by first gaming rig 4 years ago. It's durable, really.

Feb 21, 13 at 6:14am
hiigaran

seasonic is defiintely a good brand. i have one of their platinum efficiency 1000 watt units, and couldnt be happier.

of course, it doesnt matter because you have sone with the silverstone, but w/e.

Feb 21, 13 at 5:32am
CMNealTan

Post pics later or it didn't happen!

Feb 21, 13 at 5:20am
Smok3Dogg

Seasonic is a good psu. I went with the silverstone. It is going in a i5 rig. Running 2 gtx 670's.

Offtopic:

Looks like the GTX Titan will be available on Feb 25th in stores. I'm gonna go Tri fire in a build with 3 of them.

Feb 21, 13 at 4:04am
CMNealTan

I'm not sure how much you're willing to shell out for a new power supply, but i always favor SeaSonic over other brands. Here's my suggested power supply: SeaSonic 850W.

Here's a good review.

Feb 20, 13 at 11:11am
hiigaran

righty. well then go for the one you linked. other gold efficiency units were 20 bucks more expensive for the same wattage.

EDIT: or you can buy extension cables if you only have a problem with one or two cables. wouldnt be more than 3 bucks, and gold efficiency would be worth it for that much.

Feb 20, 13 at 11:05am
Smok3Dogg

Thanks for quick reply Hii. I'm looking to replace a OCZ psu that I'm running. The cables are too short. So I'm trying to get away from OCZ brand.

Feb 20, 13 at 11:02am
hiigaran

good brand, good unit, but that shipping cost is horrendous. for one or two bucks more after rebates and shipping, this is a much better option for its higher efficiency.

Feb 20, 13 at 10:58am
Smok3Dogg

Want some opinions about this PSU: Silverstone

I have always used Corsair in my builds. and was thinking of try that psu for a new build.