Thread titleFromLast replied
Now searching...
Neoseeker Forums » » Hardware, Builds and Overclocking » Wireless Connectivity » Post Reply

Note to Guests: Advertising of any kind is not allowed in these forums!If you fix your problem on your own, please post a message describing how you fixed the issue so that others with a similar problem can use your method to fix their issue.
REPLY TO A THREAD
Name:* Members, please LOGIN before posting
Email: We use this to display your Gravatar

Sign in with
Subject:*

HTML is not allowed
markup is allowed

Help with markup tags

Enabling Buttons in IE7

Smilies:
  ·all smilies here
:) :P ;) :( :| ;( :D :confused: :cool: :# :o ^_^ :colored: :thick:

Thread Recap (last 10 posts from newest to oldest)

Feb 17, 13 at 5:39pm
Nagare

I see nothing it wouldn't be compatible with. It is LGA 1155 just like your processor and everything else works just the same pretty much regardless. As for the tp-link, it could be slightly worse because it isn't inside the PC, but should still be good enough.

Feb 17, 13 at 4:30pm
dylan300

quote Nagare
dylan300, instead of getting a wireless card or adapter, I would suggest you grab a motherboard with wireless built in. For example, this Gigabyte Z77X-UD5H has built-in 802.11a/b/g/n wireless and Bluetooth 4.0 (both the latest standards). Negative is that it costs $95 more than your current motherboard choice, but it saves you on the wireless card. Another plus if you order while the deal is still active is that this board ships with a free 8GB of RAM which saves you $40 so really it just costs $55 more.

Or one these cards.
Nagare, Will the tp-link work just as well as the motherboard with built in wifi? Also is the Gigabyte Z77X-UD5H completely compatible with the rest of the build because I have some of the parts on order already.

Feb 17, 13 at 3:09pm
Nagare

dylan300, instead of getting a wireless card or adapter, I would suggest you grab a motherboard with wireless built in. For example, this Gigabyte Z77X-UD5H has built-in 802.11a/b/g/n wireless and Bluetooth 4.0 (both the latest standards). Negative is that it costs $95 more than your current motherboard choice, but it saves you on the wireless card. Another plus if you order while the deal is still active is that this board ships with a free 8GB of RAM which saves you $40 so really it just costs $55 more.

Or one these cards.

Feb 17, 13 at 1:20pm
dylan300

I recently started buying parts for the build listed below, and I was thinking about internet connectivity. I'm way to far to run a hard wire. I do have a Verizon Westell 9100 router. Can anybody suggest a wireless card or adapter that will connect me to the internet via router.

My planned build:
CPU: Intel Core i5-3570K 3.4GHz Quad-Core Processor ($189.99 @ Microcenter)
CPU Cooler: Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO 82.9 CFM Sleeve Bearing CPU Cooler ($32.97 @ Outlet PC)
Motherboard: ASRock Z77 Extreme4 ATX LGA1155 Motherboard ($119.99 @ Newegg)
Memory: Crucial Ballistix sport 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3-1600 Memory ($39.99 @ Newegg)
Storage: Western Digital Caviar Blue 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive ($71.68 @ Outlet PC)
Storage: Sandisk Ultra Plus 128GB 2.5" Solid State Disk ($102.97 @ Amazon)
Video Card: Gigabyte Radeon HD 7950 3GB Video Card ($297.98 @ SuperBiiz)
Case: Cooler Master HAF 922 ATX Mid Tower Case ($99.99 @ Amazon)
Power Supply: Corsair Builder 600W 80 PLUS Bronze Certified ATX12V Power Supply ($49.99 @ Newegg)
Optical Drive: Lite-On iHAS124-04 DVD/CD Writer ($18.98 @ Outlet PC)
Operating System: Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium SP1 (OEM) (64-bit) ($89.98 @ Outlet PC)