Thread titleFromLast replied
Now searching...
Neoseeker Forums » » » » Pokémon X & Y » Just an Idea » Post Reply

Note to Guests: NOTE: The Pokémon XY Forum is solely used for the discussion of the game. If you want to battle or trade with each other please use the Trading and Battle forums.PLEASE DO NOT POST TRADES. If you want to trade visit the Trading Forum
FOR SAFARI check out the Friend Safari Forum.
REPLY TO A THREAD
Name:* Members, please LOGIN before posting
Email: We use this to display your Gravatar

Sign in with
Subject:*

HTML is not allowed
markup is allowed

Help with markup tags

Enabling Buttons in IE7

Smilies:
  ·all smilies here
:) :P ;) :( :| ;( :D :confused: :cool: :# :o ^_^ :colored: :thick:
Community Badges

Join to get access to all the badges!

hideOriginal Post

Feb 17, 13 at 10:12amPoketrainer_Jay

What if GameFreak were to replace the Pokemon Cries in the game with Pokemon cries from the anime.

For instance Gyarados in the anime has a manly Roar, and Pikachu says its name in the cutest way possible. Why not have em do the same in-game. Just a thought. :/

Thread Recap (last 10 posts from newest to oldest)

Feb 19, 13 at 5:44pm
xseed

Now that I think about it in the trailers I dont quite rememba hearing any pokemon cries...I think xereneas and yvetal...but yeah if they do keep it as is at least change palkies cry. It sounds like he farts when he cries. And Mime JR as I get dizzy when I hear it.

Feb 18, 13 at 4:27pm
Mouldy Cheese

quote Eiche
Yeah, thinking on it again back in the days of Yellow Pikachu's "PIKA!" cry sounded very out of place. Then again, all other cries were still beeps and such and I had played Red and G/S many times before playing Yellow. :L

Oh that's so true! I'd forgotten about pokemon yellow changing the pikachu cry. Didn't mind it, but I think that you'd have to have all of them one way or the other. If some were proper anime cries and others weren't it'd sound really bizarre and kind of take something away from the experience. I'd prefer it if they kept them all as the bleeps and squirks rather than going fully voice acted.

Feb 18, 13 at 3:32pm
Eiche

Yeah, thinking on it again back in the days of Yellow Pikachu's "PIKA!" cry sounded very out of place. Then again, all other cries were still beeps and such and I had played Red and G/S many times before playing Yellow. :L

Feb 18, 13 at 3:15pm
Virtue

Meh, wouldn't be too thrilled on replacing them with cries from the anime. The short game cries have been around for so long, going back and modernizing all previous generations seems like an unneeded hassle. Stick with what people are familiar with in this case.

Feb 18, 13 at 2:47pm
SpaceWalker

quote Poketrainer_Jay
What if GameFreak were to replace the Pokemon Cries in the game with Pokemon cries from the anime.
This would be awesome. A bunch of weird jingles and squeaks just doesn't cut it for me.

Feb 18, 13 at 2:44pm
Insanity Prevails

I think I'm also so used to the existing style of cries that opting for the anime versions would be weird. Though I also think that these ones sound more fitting.

Feb 18, 13 at 2:30pm
Mouldy Cheese

I'm pretty indifferent. I don't really mind either way so long as they're not screeches that hurt my ears. I lean a little towards having the gameboy-ish cries but a little updated rather than actual voices though.

Feb 18, 13 at 1:47pm
Eiche

I wouldn't really mind if they "modernized" a few of the older cries. I just get tired of turning the volume all the way up to hear something like Haunter's muffled cry, only to have something newer come out screeching at me. ;-;

If they do this though, I would like a Pokedex upgrade, like the "Formes" feature, that allows the old cries to be played for nostalgic purposes.

Feb 18, 13 at 12:47pm
bbb7002004

Personally, I'm pretty indifferent. I don't think using the anime voice samples would harm or help the games in the slightest. For nostalgia's sake I guess I would prefer for them to keep the more electronic sounding roars, but I wouldn't complain either way.

Feb 18, 13 at 12:46pm
Best Player Ever

quote Enth
quote Best Player Ever
quote Kanon
As far as the games are concerned, Pokémon do not squawk their names, so this addition would be twisting established canon.
PIKA PIKA
^was in intro to XY trailer.

Yeah, intro. What it was saying was subtitled even. The intro was not gameplay footage.

My point is that the trailer for the games, an almost entirely separate canon from the anime, is using a Pokemon say it's own name, even if it is Pikachu.