Thread titleFromLast replied
Now searching...
Neoseeker Forums » » Hardware, Builds and Overclocking » Sata cable » Post Reply

Note to Guests: Advertising of any kind is not allowed in these forums!If you fix your problem on your own, please post a message describing how you fixed the issue so that others with a similar problem can use your method to fix their issue.
REPLY TO A THREAD
Name:* Members, please LOGIN before posting
Email: We use this to display your Gravatar

Sign in with
Subject:*

HTML is not allowed
markup is allowed

Help with markup tags

Enabling Buttons in IE7

Smilies:
  ·all smilies here
:) :P ;) :( :| ;( :D :confused: :cool: :# :o ^_^ :colored: :thick:

hideOriginal Post

Feb 16, 13 at 8:00pmDead_Homeboy

I am putting a second HDD in and was planning on using the sata cable I got with a WD drive a while ago, but one end has this extra plastic chunk on it preventing me from plugging it in. The other end is normal. Is it okay to just cut the extra plastic off so it fits? I figure it must be there for a reason so I don't want to try it without knowing I won't ruin something.

Thread Recap (last 10 posts from newest to oldest)

Jul 16, 13 at 9:44pm
SgtMartin

That looks like a protector. I've never seen that in all my years of IT.

Feb 25, 13 at 12:06pm
Iceguy2003

Yeah, it should be perfectly fine to cut that plastic crap off. Like Ren said, it appears to be something to secure the cable for a particular hard drive.

Feb 19, 13 at 7:36am
Dead_Homeboy

No, I got it with a caviar black internal drive, which it doesn't fit. Maybe they put the wrong one in the package. Thanks.

Feb 19, 13 at 2:11am
Ren of Heavens

Is that from an external drive? If so I assume it's just to secure the cable without putting strain on the connector (should you knock it etc), should be fine to cut it off.

Feb 17, 13 at 5:07pm
Dead_Homeboy

Here you go.

Feb 17, 13 at 8:15am
Ren of Heavens

Can you take a photo of it?

Feb 16, 13 at 8:00pm
Dead_Homeboy

I am putting a second HDD in and was planning on using the sata cable I got with a WD drive a while ago, but one end has this extra plastic chunk on it preventing me from plugging it in. The other end is normal. Is it okay to just cut the extra plastic off so it fits? I figure it must be there for a reason so I don't want to try it without knowing I won't ruin something.