Thread titleFromLast replied
Now searching...
Neoseeker Forums » » » » Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate » Two is Better than One: An In-Depth Look at the Dual Swords » Post Reply

Note to Guests: For the enjoyment of other visitors, and to help keep this forum tidy and working smoothly, please make sure you search the forum before posting your question.
REPLY TO A THREAD
Name:* Members, please LOGIN before posting
Email: We use this to display your Gravatar

Sign in with
Subject:*

HTML is not allowed
markup is allowed

Help with markup tags

Enabling Buttons in IE7

Smilies:
  ·all smilies here
:) :P ;) :( :| ;( :D :confused: :cool: :# :o ^_^ :colored: :thick:
Community Badges

Join to get access to all the badges!

Sooo Tasty Rathalos Cha-Cha Bow Deviljho Dual Blades Great Sword Gun Lance Hammer Heavy Bowgun Hunting Horn Lance Light Bowgun Long Sword Cha-Cha Zinogre Kirin Kushala Daora Tigrex Gigginox Ceadeus Rathian Switch Axe Sword and Shield Nargacuga Great Jaggi Lagiacrus Agnaktor Diablos

hideOriginal Post

Feb 16, 13 at 6:05pmVarietyBlack

quote Siliconera
When the Demon gauge is completely full, it activates the Archdemon Mode, which enhances your attacks even more! This also stays active even after you deactivate the Demon Mode, but not for too long.
Now this Demon gauge and Archdemon Mode are totally unique to Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate; in the past, you could only enter the standard Demon Mode and chain together some power-enhanced combos, as well as perform the Demon Combo (what I call the Dual Sword's Demon Mode-specific attack). The idea that my attacks will not only increase in strength in Demon Mode, but now exponentially in this Archdemon Mode is something I'm really looking forward to. For too long, people kind of forsook the Dual Swords, thinking they were too weak by comparison to the other weapons available, when, considering the amount of DOT they can put out, the opposite is actually true.

This has me devoted to them, once again. What do y'all think about this, and the other weapons in the Monster Hunter arsenal?

Thread Recap (last 10 posts from newest to oldest)

Feb 19, 13 at 4:04am
2legitimate

I'm not sure that we'll get dual blades with different proporties in 3U, they were scrapped in P3rd

Feb 19, 13 at 1:45am
Dark Arcanine

Thanks for that. ^^

quote 2legitimate
When used properly, they are one of the most damaging classes in the game, you can stay ontop of the monster pretty much the entire fight if you're good at evading.

I can certainly see why that would appeal to people. In Monster Hunter Tri I liked to make strong use of Evade when using the Lance to keep close and attacking as much as I could, so in that respect at least there'll be something similar to find in using the Dual Swords by the sound of it.

quote VarietyBlack
The Demon Mode and ability to use two different properties (for example, Ice and Poison) are what make the Dual Swords such potent weapons.
Yeah, different properties could definitely snare my interest if there's some interesting combinations on offer in Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate. ^^

Feb 18, 13 at 4:01pm
VarietyBlack

quote 2legitimate
quote Dark Arcanine
quote 2legitimate
Dual swords are really fun to use!
I don't suppose I could ask you for a few reasons? ^^

I like the sound of the concept of two blades in a set having different properties.

When used properly, they are one of the most damaging classes in the game, you can stay ontop of the monster pretty much the entire fight if you're good at evading. I enjoy playing with the demon mode, I like not to use dash juices so I actually have to watch my stamina, it just adds another level to the gameplay, you have to decide whether those extra few hits in demon mode to charge up your demon gauge are worth potentially not being able to evade for a few seconds longer.
Pretty much this, Dark Arcanine, although I sometimes use Dash Juice or Mega Dash Juice. The Demon Mode and ability to use two different properties (for example, Ice and Poison) are what make the Dual Swords such potent weapons. As 2legitimate said, they're capable of dealing the most damage over time of any weapon class available.

Feb 18, 13 at 3:52pm
2legitimate

quote Dark Arcanine
quote 2legitimate

I like the sound of the concept of two blades in a set having different properties.

When used properly, they are one of the most damaging classes in the game, you can stay ontop of the monster pretty much the entire fight if you're good at evading. I enjoy playing with the demon mode, I like not to use dash juices so I actually have to watch my stamina, it just adds another level to the gameplay, you have to decide whether those extra few hits in demon mode to charge up your demon gauge are worth potentially not being able to evade for a few seconds longer.

Feb 18, 13 at 9:36am
Dark Arcanine

quote 2legitimate

Feb 17, 13 at 4:58pm
VarietyBlack

quote 2legitimate
If this mode is the same as it was in portable third, the way you evade also changes. You do a very quick dash instead of rolling, this uses up some of the demon gauge but is much better than a roll as you move faster. Dual swords are really fun to use!
I never got to play Portable 3rd, so your guess is as good as mine. But that sounds so incredibly great... I'm going to wreck with these things... So excited...

Feb 17, 13 at 2:24pm
2legitimate

If this mode is the same as it was in portable third, the way you evade also changes. You do a very quick dash instead of rolling, this uses up some of the demon gauge but is much better than a roll as you move faster. Dual swords are really fun to use!

Feb 17, 13 at 4:06am
Dark Arcanine

Well, I'm definitely looking forward to trying out the Dual Swords, but I don't think they'll be one of my more used types of weapons - we'll see how it goes. Maybe if there's a set(s) that look really nice I might use them more when I get to the point where I use what I feel like it.

Feb 16, 13 at 6:05pm
VarietyBlack

Source

quote Siliconera
When the Demon gauge is completely full, it activates the Archdemon Mode, which enhances your attacks even more! This also stays active even after you deactivate the Demon Mode, but not for too long.
Now this Demon gauge and Archdemon Mode are totally unique to Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate; in the past, you could only enter the standard Demon Mode and chain together some power-enhanced combos, as well as perform the Demon Combo (what I call the Dual Sword's Demon Mode-specific attack). The idea that my attacks will not only increase in strength in Demon Mode, but now exponentially in this Archdemon Mode is something I'm really looking forward to. For too long, people kind of forsook the Dual Swords, thinking they were too weak by comparison to the other weapons available, when, considering the amount of DOT they can put out, the opposite is actually true.

This has me devoted to them, once again. What do y'all think about this, and the other weapons in the Monster Hunter arsenal?