Thread titleFromLast replied
Now searching...
Neoseeker Forums » » » » Super Smash Bros. 3DS/Wii U » Creating the Smash Bros. Roster » Post Reply

Note to Guests: For the enjoyment of other visitors, and to help keep this forum tidy and working smoothly, please make sure you search the forum before posting your question.
REPLY TO A THREAD
Name:* Members, please LOGIN before posting
Email: We use this to display your Gravatar

Sign in with
Subject:*

HTML is not allowed
markup is allowed

Help with markup tags

Enabling Buttons in IE7

Smilies:
  ·all smilies here
:) :P ;) :( :| ;( :D :confused: :cool: :# :o ^_^ :colored: :thick:
Community Badges

Join to get access to all the badges!

Animal Crossing Donkey Kong Earthbound Fire Emblem F Zero Game and Watch Ice Climber Kid Icarus Kirby Mario Megaman Metal Gear Metroid Pikmin Pokemon ROB Sonic Starfox Warioware Wii Fit Yoshi Legend of Zelda Bowser Captain Falcon Charizard King Dedede Diddy Kong Donkey Kong Doctor Mario Falco Fox Ganondorf Game and Watch Ice Climbers Ike Ivysaur Jigglypuff Kirby Link Lucario Lucas Luigi Mario Marth Meta Knight Mewtwo Ness Olimar Peach Pichu Pikachu Pit Pokemon Trainer ROB Roy Samus Sheik Snake Sonic Squirtle Smash Bros Toon Link Wario Wolf Yoshi Young Link Zelda Zero Suit Samus

hideOriginal Post

Feb 16, 13 at 3:44pmPwnageMaster67

In this thread, we consider which characters are likely to get into SSB4 then build a roster upon the results.

We are going to use Brawl's roster as a base:

Now you, Mr. Reader, have to nominate a character you think is likely to get into or get out of the roster. Then you specify why they're likely (to get in or out). Characters with enough votes (nominates?) will get into or out of our roster.

Thread Recap (last 10 posts from newest to oldest)

Mar 28, 13 at 9:11pm
awesomeness2149

I vote for Bowser Jr., Kat & Ana, Paper Mario, King K. Rool, Wolf, Krystal, Zelda/Impa, Midna & Wolf Link, Ghirahim, Toon Link, Toon Zelda/Tetra, Knuckle Joe, Yarn Kirby, Sylux, Jigglypuff, Pokemon Trainer, Meowth, Zoroark, Samurai Goroh, Starfy, Micaiah, Eliwood, Lucas, Claus, Balloon Fighter, Ray, Sukapon, Sonic, Snake, Megaman, Pac-Man, and Geno.

I vote against Mewtwo, Lucario, Waluigi, and Mii

Feb 20, 13 at 6:10pm
mattardis

unnominate wolf, lucario and toon link

nominate/support: mewtwo, krystal, geno, bowser jnr, kumatora,

Feb 20, 13 at 4:46pm
PwnageMaster67

Ridley: 11
Isaac: 9
K. Rool: 8
Little Mac: 7
Bowser Jr.: 7
Palutena: 5
Shulk: 5
Chrom: 5

Starfy: 4
Chibi-Robo: 4
Lloyd: 3
Megaman: 3
Mewtwo: 3
Zoroark: 2
Paper Mario: 2
Prince Fluff: 2
Takamaru: 2
Krystal: 2
Andy: 2
Pacman: 2
Waddle Dee: 2
Tom Nook: 2
Roy: 2
Bomberman: 2
Dillon: 2
Micaiah: 1
Ashley: 1
Roxas: 1
Mallo: 1
Mii: 1
Girahim: 1
Wolf Link and Midna: 1
Gen 6 Pokemon: 1
Balloon Fighter: 1
Waluigi: 1
A Grunt: 1
Rayman: 1
Choccobo: 1
Cecil: 1

Jigglypuff: 0
Pokemon Trainer: 0
Toon Link: 0
Sonic: 0
Lucas: 0

Wolf: -1
Snake: -1
Lucario: -2

Leaving Jigglypuff, Sonic, Lucas, Pokemon Trainer and Toon Link in this so people won't ask where they are.

You can, for the lack of a better term, unnominate some characters. If you don't understand, you can get rid of a vote (both positive and negative) for any character.

Oh, and guys, can you stop voting for people who already got into the roster? I'll allow it for people who are almost out, but not for characters like Ridley or Isaac.

Little Cheese, who's Mike?

Feb 20, 13 at 3:17pm
mattardis

Announcing, Dillon

Dillon the armadillo from the 3DS Download market. Not only is this guy built for fighting in smash bros, but he would also be a great way for nintendo to promote their downloadable titles and give the 3DSware a representative!

Feb 20, 13 at 1:55pm
Quixotic

I also support Chibi-Robo and Mewtwo.

Feb 20, 13 at 1:51pm
X Naut Shroober

quote StewieRox
I don't think Wolf will be in again. He was a nice addition, but he's similar to Fox, and it seems like it was just a one-off for him, similar to Dr. Mario or Pichu.
Pichu is simply a pre-evolution of Pikachu. Dr. Mario is Mario in a doctor's uniform. Wolf is Fox's arch-rival. Big difference there. He has more reason to be there than those two and even Falco. Their specials and FS are similar but all their other moves and playstyles are very different. I was irked by his inclusion at first since I knew they wouldn't make him totally unique but at least they differentiated him from Fox (and Falco) enough. I think he has pretty good chance of returning.

quote PikaPower
quote bbb7002004
Whoops, I was rearranging my list and ended up with a duplicate. Removed now, though Prince Fluff should totally be in the game as he would have a really great visual look, combat style, and could have an alt-form as Yarn Kirby.
He would? I could only find Fluff becoming a Kirby clone or someone without any "special" abilities.

(Except for a yarn-based Final Smash)
The only moves Fluff and Kirby I could see them being similar is Fluff's weight form and the whip to pick up then throw people. Plus Fluff can't fly. Fluff can freely transform his body into various forms like the car, parachute, fire truck, etc., and would most likely use them as his attacks. Doesn't sound like a Kirby clone at all. And a Tankbot Final Smash would be awesome. bbb7002004, Kirby would probably take on his Yarn form if he swallowed Fluff with a crown for good measure (and maybe even the eyebrows for lulz), though Fluff could have a pink and red recolor.

Oh, and I also support Chibi-Robo!

Feb 20, 13 at 7:58am
GameOver

quote bbb7002004
Whoops, I was rearranging my list and ended up with a duplicate. Removed now, though Prince Fluff should totally be in the game as he would have a really great visual look, combat style, and could have an alt-form as Yarn Kirby.
He would? I could only find Fluff becoming a Kirby clone or someone without any "special" abilities.

(Except for a yarn-based Final Smash)

Feb 20, 13 at 7:45am
Stewie

I don't think Wolf will be in again. He was a nice addition, but he's similar to Fox, and it seems like it was just a one-off for him, similar to Dr. Mario or Pichu.

Feb 20, 13 at 5:02am
RegalBryant

I support Chibi-Robo and Cecil (Final Fantasy IV).

Support for all characters to return as well.

Feb 19, 13 at 7:14pm
TKactual

I think that all 3rd party characters should stay ( Sonic and Snake ) and there has been a little talk of maybe a square enix rep, so I know some people have said Slime from Dragon Quest but I honestly think that square enix would want there rep to come from their most famous franchise, Final Fantasy. I nominate the Chocobo because lets be honest its been in basically every final fantasy game and even got its own game, it is the mascot of the series. Also how about Chibi-Robo.