Thread titleFromLast replied
Now searching...
Neoseeker Forums » » Computer Help and Discussion » Ignoring old updates? » Post Reply

Note to Guests: For the enjoyment of other visitors, and to help keep this forum tidy and working smoothly, please make sure you search the forum before posting your question.
REPLY TO A THREAD
Name:* Members, please LOGIN before posting
Email: We use this to display your Gravatar

Sign in with
Subject:*

HTML is not allowed
markup is allowed

Help with markup tags

Enabling Buttons in IE7

Smilies:
  ·all smilies here
:) :P ;) :( :| ;( :D :confused: :cool: :# :o ^_^ :colored: :thick:

Thread Recap (last 10 posts from newest to oldest)

Feb 15, 13 at 5:30pm
Mr Burke

So basically.. yes lol. I only install the latest important ones. They are security updates with the same info and name (number in brackets excluded) so I think it's safe to say I don't need to install the previous ones to be overwritten.. As I said. It takes up bandwidth and clutters the computer. I was just making certain that they were simply patched versions of previous months/years updates. So thank you for putting my mind to rest

Feb 15, 13 at 5:36am
hiigaran

Most of the time these are security updates, and would always be a good idea to get them installed. If a newer update is an improvement on an older update, it would simply be overwritten.

Feb 14, 13 at 10:35pm
Mr Burke

Just wondering if I could ignore old windows updates (dated back to 2012, 2011 etc..) with no repercussions as I would be focusing on the latest updates only (I have updating set to check for updates but let me choose to install)

I don't want to clutter up my computer with needless updates in the past that have already been patched in the current month/year.

Thanks for any help on this matter in advance