Thread titleFromLast replied
Now searching...
Neoseeker Forums » » Computer Help and Discussion » Ignoring old updates? » Post Reply

REPLY TO A THREAD
Name:* Members, please LOGIN before posting
Email: We use this to display your Gravatar

Sign in with
Subject:*

HTML is not allowed
markup is allowed

Help with markup tags

Enabling Buttons in IE7

Smilies:
  ·all smilies here
:) :P ;) :( :| ;( :D :confused: :cool: :# :o ^_^ :colored: :thick:
Note to Guests: For the enjoyment of other visitors, and to help keep this forum tidy and working smoothly, please make sure you search the forum before posting your question.

Thread Recap (last 10 posts from newest to oldest)

Feb 15, 13 at 5:30pm
Mr Burke

So basically.. yes lol. I only install the latest important ones. They are security updates with the same info and name (number in brackets excluded) so I think it's safe to say I don't need to install the previous ones to be overwritten.. As I said. It takes up bandwidth and clutters the computer. I was just making certain that they were simply patched versions of previous months/years updates. So thank you for putting my mind to rest

Feb 15, 13 at 5:36am
hiigaran

Most of the time these are security updates, and would always be a good idea to get them installed. If a newer update is an improvement on an older update, it would simply be overwritten.

Feb 14, 13 at 10:35pm
Mr Burke

Just wondering if I could ignore old windows updates (dated back to 2012, 2011 etc..) with no repercussions as I would be focusing on the latest updates only (I have updating set to check for updates but let me choose to install)

I don't want to clutter up my computer with needless updates in the past that have already been patched in the current month/year.

Thanks for any help on this matter in advance