Thread titleFromLast replied
Now searching...
Neoseeker Forums » » » » Marvel: War of Heroes » Only scammers insist on being paid gift exclusively by gift payments » Post Reply

Note to Guests: For the enjoyment of other visitors, and to help keep this forum tidy and working smoothly, please make sure you search the forum before posting your question.Welcome to the Marvel: War of Heroes forum on Neoseeker.com!

Please note that we have provided a prefix system so users can better find your threads (listed next to the thread subject). Please try to use the appropriate one when possible. [ general | help | codes | guilds | selling | buying | trading ]. Clicking a prefix limits the display to threads of just that type.

Note: You should use the buying/selling tags for real-money trades and the trading tag for in-game trades. The general tag is for discussion topics and the help tag is for question threads.
REPLY TO A THREAD
Name:* Members, please LOGIN before posting
Email: We use this to display your Gravatar

Sign in with
Subject:*

HTML is not allowed
markup is allowed

Help with markup tags

Enabling Buttons in IE7

Smilies:
  ·all smilies here
:) :P ;) :( :| ;( :D :confused: :cool: :# :o ^_^ :colored: :thick:

hideOriginal Post

Feb 11, 13 at 3:04am

Because they know there are no buyer protections for gift payments scammers insist on being paid as a gift, they will often claim it's so that they don't pay the fees, but it's really so that it's easier to steal your money and not give you the stuff you're "paying for" by sending a gift payment.

If you're buying these "cards" for hundreds of dollars insist on paying through regular paypal payment process to ensure you retain your buyer protection should they not give you the product they claim to have for sale.

Thread Recap (last 10 posts from newest to oldest)

Feb 11, 13 at 1:57pm
lurchadamo

quote smitrovic
quote Shadruh
quote smitrovic
I'm insulted with your generalization!!!
So by your terms I'm scammer even i sold to more than 200 people so far and all are happy (you can check my trade page). So your 1 example is better than my 200?

It's like saying all blond girls are stupid, all pretty man are gay etc...
Im reporting you to the IRS
good one If you give me USA citizenship i'll be glad to pay tax
lol

Feb 11, 13 at 1:13pm
smitrovic

quote Shadruh
quote smitrovic
So by your terms I'm scammer even i sold to more than 200 people so far and all are happy (you can check my trade page). So your 1 example is better than my 200?

good one If you give me USA citizenship i'll be glad to pay tax

Feb 11, 13 at 8:40am
Cratcho

Pick up the phone and call Paypal. They'll reverse the charges, gift or not. Payment via gift is to avoid charges and IRS reporting, although 90% of the sellers aren't even aware of that portion.

Feb 11, 13 at 8:01am
joemonkey

As someone who has bought and sold virtual goods for over 10 years, there is zero protection for the buyer. As long as the seller responds in the 2 week time period and says they sent the virtual goods you are shit outta luck.

Haven't dealt with this issue in a few years now so it may have changed, but I've had it happen a handful of times back in my vanilla wow days where you are just screwed. It really comes down to do you trust the guy you are buying from enough.

Feb 11, 13 at 7:47am
Shadruh

quote smitrovic

Feb 11, 13 at 6:42am
blahblahblahblah

if you select gift as the payment category then the receiver is not charged taxes/fees.

Feb 11, 13 at 5:12am
smitrovic

Feb 11, 13 at 4:57am
jt0503

Purchased multiple cards via gift and not had a single problem. So it seems there's something wrong with your blanket generalization. There always is risk but I choose who I deal with carefully.

Feb 11, 13 at 4:00am
Iankz

gift payments not available in my country lol

Feb 11, 13 at 3:26am
Quicksale

In reality there is no protection from PayPal period when buying intangible goods and this is the generic response you will get

Unfortunately, we are denying your claim because your purchase was for a
virtual, digital, or intangible item. Indeed, our PayPal Purchase
Protection only covers claims involving physical items that can be shipped
and tracked. Payments for intangible, digital items or services are
therefore not covered.

We encourage you to work directly with your seller to resolve the problem.
You'll find their contact information on the Transaction Details page.

Aka if you get screwed your *bleep*ed. It's always buyer beware. If you don't want to risk it buy card packs from mobage otherwise suck it up and roll them dice lol

People request gift payments because they do not wish to get hit with the Paypal fees as a seller.