Thread titleFromLast replied
Now searching...
Neoseeker Forums » » Computer Help and Discussion » Invisible device and more » Post Reply

Note to Guests: For the enjoyment of other visitors, and to help keep this forum tidy and working smoothly, please make sure you search the forum before posting your question.
REPLY TO A THREAD
Name:* Members, please LOGIN before posting
Email: We use this to display your Gravatar

Sign in with
Subject:*

HTML is not allowed
markup is allowed

Help with markup tags

Enabling Buttons in IE7

Smilies:
  ·all smilies here
:) :P ;) :( :| ;( :D :confused: :cool: :# :o ^_^ :colored: :thick:

Thread Recap (last 10 posts from newest to oldest)

Feb 12, 13 at 7:08pm
Dead_Homeboy

Alright, I found the driver I needed to uninstall and re-install, so now the yellow "!" is gone. Thanks, aaron6581230. However, my SD card problem persists. I was hoping that the driver problem and this were related, but it appears they weren't. Again, I would be thrilled if someone could provide an insight.

Feb 11, 13 at 8:49pm
Dead_Homeboy

This is a completely new Windows 7 installation, so I just installed all of the drivers from the HP website. Is it possible that I installed the wrong ones?

Feb 10, 13 at 9:35pm
aaron6581230

Uninstall and reinstall drivers from the HP website

Feb 10, 13 at 4:13pm
Dead_Homeboy

I received a laptop from my brother for Christmas, which he gave to me only because he was pretty sure it would never be fully functional again. I had to re-install Windows 7 and buy a new keyboard. I have almost completely fixed it but am struggling with a few problems.

First, in the device manager, the yellow "!" is next to my computer. The troubleshooter tells me there is a missing driver for "Unknown device," but this device does not show up in the device manager. When I fully run the troubleshooter, it downloads and attempts to install something, only to fail.

Secondly, the SD card slot doesn't seem to work properly. When I try to copy files to a card, I am told that the file could not be read. After clicking retry a few times, the file is usually successfully copied. All of the files I am trying to copy are music and videos which play perfectly.

The last, and comparatively minor issue is that the touch-activated mute button light doesn't change from white to orange when activated. It works, but I think it's supposed to change colors.

Help with any of these problems would be greatly appreciated. The computer is an HP dv4, if that is important.