Thread titleFromLast replied
Now searching...
Neoseeker Forums » » Computer Help and Discussion » OS on USB drive » Post Reply

Note to Guests: For the enjoyment of other visitors, and to help keep this forum tidy and working smoothly, please make sure you search the forum before posting your question.
REPLY TO A THREAD
Name:* Members, please LOGIN before posting
Email: We use this to display your Gravatar

Sign in with
Subject:*

HTML is not allowed
markup is allowed

Help with markup tags

Enabling Buttons in IE7

Smilies:
  ·all smilies here
:) :P ;) :( :| ;( :D :confused: :cool: :# :o ^_^ :colored: :thick:

Thread Recap (last 10 posts from newest to oldest)

Feb 09, 13 at 2:38am
bridgestone

Thanks for the reply guys

Feb 09, 13 at 1:37am
Chekkaa

If you want to install the OS WITH the flash drive, that's fine. If you want to install the OS ON the flash drive, I would advise against it. Most flash drives are slow and don't have the capacity to hold a Windows installation. A hard drive or SSD will be faster and larger. As for which one will be the fastest, the award usually goes to the SSD, but it depends on the particular SSD and the particular hard drive.

Feb 08, 13 at 6:31pm
hiigaran

as long as the computer you are on can support booting from a usb device, it should be fine.

Feb 08, 13 at 6:16pm
bridgestone

Hi guys,

I have a dell R5500 workstation. I was wondering if possible to install an windows xp/7 on USB drive and boot from USB drive.
Also in term of speed and performance, scsi drive with 10k rpm better than USB drive or ssd drive?