Thread titleFromLast replied
Now searching...
Neoseeker Forums » » Hardware, Builds and Overclocking » How to check if video card is compatible with setup » Post Reply

Note to Guests: Advertising of any kind is not allowed in these forums!If you fix your problem on your own, please post a message describing how you fixed the issue so that others with a similar problem can use your method to fix their issue.
REPLY TO A THREAD
Name:* Members, please LOGIN before posting
Email: We use this to display your Gravatar

Sign in with
Subject:*

HTML is not allowed
markup is allowed

Help with markup tags

Enabling Buttons in IE7

Smilies:
  ·all smilies here
:) :P ;) :( :| ;( :D :confused: :cool: :# :o ^_^ :colored: :thick:

Thread Recap (last 10 posts from newest to oldest)

Feb 11, 13 at 8:24am
CMNealTan

Hi Pedigree!

The Encore GeForce 7300GT needs a PCIex16 bus which that motherboard does not have.

Feb 08, 13 at 8:20pm
Nagare

Here is what I found for the board. Says it has 5 PCI slots, so I'm guessing it would work fine but I'm not really sure, sorry.

Feb 08, 13 at 8:07pm
Pedigree

There's that.

I can't remember the models of the cards. There aren't any labels either. Maybe if I find their boxes I'll post 'em here.

In the meantime..

Will this cheap card be compatible? (http://www.cdrking.com/index.php?mod=products&type=view&sid=491&main=91)

Feb 08, 13 at 8:48am
Nagare

The easiest way to check the compatibility would be to determine what what kind of motherboard you have. Download CPU-Z and click on the "Mainboard" tab which should tell you the manufacturer and model. Depending on the kind of PCI slots it has, some graphics cards will or won't be compatible, once you find out the motherboard (mainboard), we could help you out some more.

As for the other two you have, one probably overheated a while back because of fan issues, you can force the fan to run at a certain speed using overclocking software, but that could depend on your cards too so what are thos two?

Feb 08, 13 at 7:29am
Pedigree

I got an old desktop lying here with a busted video card. It's on its onboard graphics card and it's pretty crap since the setup is hooked onto a 1440x900 monitor. The resolution's pretty crap.

So, I thought of buying a new budget video card that I could put on the old computer but I'm worried if I bought an incompatible card.

tl;dr How do I check if a prospect card is compatible?

On a side note - is there anyway to check if a card is really busted?

I got these two old cards that the desktop used to use. One works intermittently. Sometimes, it shows a display but after a while it shuts off. I don't know why but the fan seem to be running slower than it should be. So I'm thinking it shuts off because of a thermal problem.

The other card, I'm thinking is really dead. It doesn't show anything at all and when I touch the card it's hot as hell.

tl;dr 2 - Thoughts on these two cards?