Thread titleFromLast replied
Now searching...
Neoseeker Forums » » Hardware, Builds and Overclocking » New build :) » Post Reply

Note to Guests: Advertising of any kind is not allowed in these forums!If you fix your problem on your own, please post a message describing how you fixed the issue so that others with a similar problem can use your method to fix their issue.
REPLY TO A THREAD
Name:* Members, please LOGIN before posting
Email: We use this to display your Gravatar

Sign in with
Subject:*

HTML is not allowed
markup is allowed

Help with markup tags

Enabling Buttons in IE7

Smilies:
  ·all smilies here
:) :P ;) :( :| ;( :D :confused: :cool: :# :o ^_^ :colored: :thick:

hideOriginal Post

Feb 07, 13 at 3:19pmS h a d o w

Hello neoseekers

I am looking for help with a new build that I am doing for someone, Il try to add as much info as possible but ask any questions if you want.

I have a max of £400 to spend but need Microsoft Office which seems to be £83 (AmazonUK) and a remote (not sure of price) so closer to £300 spending money. The system will be used for web browsing and cd burning so it needs a fast disk drive. I will find a case soon when I find out what they want so leave off £30-£40 for that. A 500GB will be fine and probably never get filled. Last 2 things are a wireless adaptor and Bluetooth.

I would like to buy the items from www.Ebuyer.com and www.Amazon.co.uk
Ebuyer has free deliver for order over £49 and I would like to buy the items direct from AmazonUK and not a seller on the site.

Thank you!

Thread Recap (last 10 posts from newest to oldest)

Feb 09, 13 at 3:50pm
aaron6581230

quote S h a d o w
So what ways are there for me to copy software from one HDD to another without losing product keys etc???
Stuff like MS Office should be fine. The only thing you'd have to do is re-register Windows. All you have to do is call up Microsoft and let them know that you had to move your hard drive somewhere else. They'll basically disable your old product key and give you a new one.

Feb 09, 13 at 3:26pm
S h a d o w

So what ways are there for me to copy software from one HDD to another without losing product keys etc???

Feb 08, 13 at 3:01pm
Benedict

If you're on a tight budget you could always get it via other methods, or use something like OpenOffice instead which is free.

Feb 08, 13 at 9:12am
S h a d o w

Im building it for someone my dad knows so il have to get the questions passed on.

Bummer, forgot about the other obvious one, the OS. Im sure there is a mouse, keyboard and a monitor, hopefully some speakers to spare.

il ask about MS Office & the OS and get back.

EDIT://
Just thought of something and would like to know if it will work. Could I get the HDD from his current computer and mirror everything over to a new hardrive without messing up any product keys for software e.g. MS Office and the Windows OS?

Or maybe I could just use the current HDD and put it in the new build, should work fine, right?

Should save a good amount without having to buy the OS and Office

Feb 08, 13 at 3:31am
Crusad3r

So realistically, you have a 260-280~ish quid budget? since Windows 7 or 8 costs around 60 or 70 quid. I'll just put it out there that it's not really enough for a computer.

Do you already have windows? A monitor? keyboard? mouse? speakers?

Any spare parts from a previous computer?

You have a tiny budget to work with, so we need to try save as much as possible

Feb 07, 13 at 3:19pm
S h a d o w

Hello neoseekers

I am looking for help with a new build that I am doing for someone, Il try to add as much info as possible but ask any questions if you want.

I have a max of £400 to spend but need Microsoft Office which seems to be £83 (AmazonUK) and a remote (not sure of price) so closer to £300 spending money. The system will be used for web browsing and cd burning so it needs a fast disk drive. I will find a case soon when I find out what they want so leave off £30-£40 for that. A 500GB will be fine and probably never get filled. Last 2 things are a wireless adaptor and Bluetooth.

I would like to buy the items from www.Ebuyer.com and www.Amazon.co.uk
Ebuyer has free deliver for order over £49 and I would like to buy the items direct from AmazonUK and not a seller on the site.

Thank you!