Thread titleFromLast replied
Now searching...
Neoseeker Forums » » Hardware, Builds and Overclocking » $1k first time build » Post Reply

Note to Guests: Advertising of any kind is not allowed in these forums!If you fix your problem on your own, please post a message describing how you fixed the issue so that others with a similar problem can use your method to fix their issue.
REPLY TO A THREAD
Name:* Members, please LOGIN before posting
Email: We use this to display your Gravatar

Sign in with
Subject:*

HTML is not allowed
markup is allowed

Help with markup tags

Enabling Buttons in IE7

Smilies:
  ·all smilies here
:) :P ;) :( :| ;( :D :confused: :cool: :# :o ^_^ :colored: :thick:

Thread Recap (last 10 posts from newest to oldest)

Feb 08, 13 at 10:24am
Shiny Mew

Optional SSD, I'd call this a bargain in comparison to other prices.
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16820227714

Feb 08, 13 at 9:14am
Nagare

i5 3570k - 229
Z77X-D3H - 135
G-Skill 8GB - 50
Sapphire 7950 Boost - 310
HAF 912 - 50
TX 750 v2 - 110
Seagate Barracuda 1TB - 80

$914 total without shipping or anything. I think that covers everything...minus a disc drive of course. Pretty much my build

Feb 06, 13 at 12:34pm
Ultrasuper X

Okay so here's the rundown. For the past couple years I've been doing all my work, school, everything on a $600 laptop that has finally crapped out completely. I'm looking to either build or buy a desktop PC to work and game on since I don't trust laptops anymore. I really know very little about building a computer other than if the parts don't fit I'm screwed, so I was hoping some of the awesome people around neoseeker would be willing to help me out.

Here's what I definitely need, the rest is all about what I can get with my budget.
Intel-powered, at least i5, enough to game and compile massive programs at a decent speed.
Graphics capable of handling 1080p gaming smoothly, can be gtx or radeon.
8gb+ RAM
At least one usb 3.0
1tb 7200rpm HDD
Ideally, at lease one pci-e 3.0

I'm in the States so keep that in mind.
Monitor doesn't have to be part of the budget because that's already covered. Beyond this I really don't know enough to work with. Anyone willing to help me put together a build or locate a premade machine that will fit this?