Thread titleFromLast replied
Now searching...
Neoseeker Forums » » » » Fire Emblem: Awakening » Those who have the game, what are your first thoughts? » Post Reply

Note to Guests: Thanks for posting at the Fire Emblem: Awakening forum!
REPLY TO A THREAD
Name:* Members, please LOGIN before posting
Email: We use this to display your Gravatar

Sign in with
Subject:*

HTML is not allowed
markup is allowed

Help with markup tags

Enabling Buttons in IE7

Smilies:
  ·all smilies here
:) :P ;) :( :| ;( :D :confused: :cool: :# :o ^_^ :colored: :thick:
Community Badges

Join to get access to all the badges!

Armads Falchion Blessed Bow Brave Axe Durandal Fire Tome Flux Tome Killer Axe Killer Bow Killer Lance Killing Edge Lightening Tome Mani Katti Nidhogg Ragnell Rapier Siegmund Silver Axe Silver Bow Silver Lance Silver Sword Sol Katti Thunder Tome Tomahawk Vidofnir Wind Tome

hideOriginal Post

Feb 04, 13 at 9:20pmThrawn

So, despite the major shipping screw-up that his pervented this game from hitting the streets, we do know it is indeed released.

So anyone (who is playing it) feel free to give their first impressions of the game here. Just try to avoid spoilers.

Thread Recap (last 10 posts from newest to oldest)

Feb 06, 13 at 9:16am
Thrawn

So I started my playthrough on hard mode yesterday and I got to Chapter 3, since then I have barely progressed because the game is damn hard, right now I'm stuck on chapter 4.

I knew support would be a big part of this game but it's even more important then I first thought. Pairing up is a must if you want to survive, particularly on hard mode. I don't know if it's just hard mode or what, your characters can get killed VERY easily so you have to use extreme caution.

For example Frederick (the toughest unit you have by far) was killed with one hit by a fighter using a Hammer. Even your toughest units can fall in a snap so you have to really watch out for this. Overall I like the challenge and I'm enjoying the game, but the new support system is a little restrictive. I like to try and make my units fight and kill on their own so they gain exp, but hard mode makes that almost impossible.

Feb 05, 13 at 10:18pm
wolflink301

i beat the game an hour ago and man is this game crazy
but it got really easy for me late game all i needed was 2 characters to carry me through the final 10 chapters

Feb 05, 13 at 2:38pm
Thrawn

quote GlancingReverse
It's not infinite. Reinforcements are triggered after a certain event and continue for a certain amount of turns, like reinforcements in every game.
Oh OK.

Downloading it right now.

Feb 05, 13 at 2:28pm
GlancingReverse

It's not infinite. Reinforcements are triggered after a certain event and continue for a certain amount of turns, like reinforcements in every game.

Feb 05, 13 at 2:19pm
Thrawn

quote GlancingReverse
I really like it, because it forces you to be cautious and aware of the map while treating every fort as a deathtrap.
Now that I've been thinking about it, another thing that might be awesome about it is the infinite exp.

Feb 05, 13 at 1:34pm
XXIV

I'm on chapter 10 I believe, right after *spoiler censor*. Such a sad scene.
Anyway, some maps do have reinforcements coming from off screen, such as in chapter 9 with four Wyvern Riders.
Also, if you want to maximize gold making and support levels, buy reeking boxes. That's why all my female characters are married (PS, GaiusXMaribelle forever <3). Enemies will always drop a gold boullion (S), meaning you make back what you spent and more.

Feb 05, 13 at 12:48pm
GlancingReverse

I really like it, because it forces you to be cautious and aware of the map while treating every fort as a deathtrap.

Feb 05, 13 at 12:37pm
Thrawn

Reinforcements being able to attack on the same turn they spawn has the potential to become really old, really quick.

Feb 05, 13 at 12:34pm
Ground

I'm on Normal, reinforcements came from forts in one stage. I had to block up the forts to stop them from spawning. I THINK they could act, but they didn't come every single turn or anything.

Feb 05, 13 at 12:21pm
GlancingReverse

No BEXP, but there are optional skrimishes you can fight whenever.

Same turn reinforcemets are something they dropped in FE7, but the're bringing bc for Hard nd above since SD. It's not as bad as it sounds, since reinforcements pretty much only come from forts, if I've heard correctly.