Thread titleFromLast replied
Now searching...
Neoseeker Forums » » » Battlefield 3 » Angry Rant: The AEK-971 » Post Reply

Note to Guests: For the enjoyment of other visitors, and to help keep this forum tidy and working smoothly, please make sure you search the forum before posting your question.
REPLY TO A THREAD
Name:* Members, please LOGIN before posting
Email: We use this to display your Gravatar

Sign in with
Subject:*

HTML is not allowed
markup is allowed

Help with markup tags

Enabling Buttons in IE7

Smilies:
  ·all smilies here
:) :P ;) :( :| ;( :D :confused: :cool: :# :o ^_^ :colored: :thick:

hideOriginal Post

Feb 02, 13 at 3:16pmDizzywallin

I know I'm going to catch alot of **** for this, but this gun is such a pain in the arse.

I know that there aren't any overpowered guns in BF3, but you can't argue that there are some guns that are just easy to get kills with. There is a difference.

I lose to the AEK-971 in 95% of gun-fights, close-medium range. Doesn't matter if I have the so called "counter assault rifles" like the Famas or F2000, I lose. And, I don't suck.

I've lost multiple times to these things while using the 870 with buckshot point-blank. I get sprayed to death before I can even realize what's happening.

I don't use the assault class often, usually just when I'm upset on Metro. With the AUG or AK-74m I can do pretty well. With the AEK-971, I can destroy everyone. I know people who admit that they are terrible at this game, but still do well with it.

I never thought it would come to this, but after my last few games spent getting destroyed by 5 or 6 Colonel lvl 20's with AEKs, I have ranted for the world to see.

Thread Recap (last 10 posts from newest to oldest)

Mar 13, 13 at 12:18am
KR_1250

quote Talos
I've notice a lot of people using ARs that I havent seen used before. Such as the KH2002, I think that is the name, the AN94, and the burst version of the M16, same with the M4, the burst one. What's up with all these people using strictly burst fire weapons?
I use the KH2002. Its one of my favourite assault rifles.

It has great accuracy at range and due to recoil if you take body shots with a decent 4xscope out to about 250/300m the last shot is usually a headshot.

And when tapping it remains controllable in CQB fights. Its just a great gun at common ranges with the right grip/barrel and optics. The AN-94 is much the same. I dotn use the M16 style weapons though. Annoy me too much because i see so called "pro's" running them all the time.

Mar 12, 13 at 10:52am
ResistanceFailure

quote Talos
quote KR_1250
[quote=Dizzywallin|message:34324179]

Im getting more... bored maybe with the amount of Lv100 guys running the M416 and M16. Its all those guys tend to use. Not very impressive. I'm far more impressed with guys running some more obscure AR's or PDW's.

When it comes to the AEK, M416 and M16 i'll probably just service star them and then use something else.
I've notice a lot of people using ARs that I havent seen used before. Such as the KH2002, I think that is the name, the AN94, and the burst version of the M16, same with the M4, the burst one. What's up with all these people using strictly burst fire weapons?
You get better accuracy from burst fire weapons. I also find it slightly more rewarding when killing people with burst fire.

Mar 12, 13 at 10:47am
Talos

quote KR_1250
[quote=Dizzywallin|message:34324179]

Im getting more... bored maybe with the amount of Lv100 guys running the M416 and M16. Its all those guys tend to use. Not very impressive. I'm far more impressed with guys running some more obscure AR's or PDW's.

When it comes to the AEK, M416 and M16 i'll probably just service star them and then use something else.

Feb 08, 13 at 4:00am
unclebobert87

It's still pretty effective against people camping in rooms at the Cafe in Metro if you fire into it, but it takes a lot of shots to kill. It suppress's really well

Feb 08, 13 at 3:08am
KR_1250

quote unclebobert87
The only OP gun this game had was the USAS with frags. I loved it
HAHA ! So you were that git whacking me out of my camping spots!

I never used it before the nerf but i got hit with it every two seconds. Kinda wish i'd had a shot now... Many servers still ban it though. But i guess that often goes for all shotguns.

quote Dizzywallin
Agreed. In the end though, I'm happy thereare revives... After I die, usually I'm hoping for someone to revive me before I deploy. I think we all do that. There is one thing that is worse than a medic repeatedly-reviving. It's a medic who overlooks it. Sometimes I'll die in a room with 5 or 6 medics, and they won't revive me. Even If it's safe.
Yeah the revives are a decent addition. But as we have been discussing they are just balanced a bit poorly.

And hell yeah, on the flip side medics who dont use it at all may as well play a different class and help out in other ways. Then again the new Crossbow takes place of the defrib doesnt it? I guess that could explain some occasions.

Though i have noticed some medics only heal their squadmates. I dont understand the reasoning behind it.

Feb 08, 13 at 12:05am
unclebobert87

The only OP gun this game had was the USAS with frags. I loved it

Feb 07, 13 at 7:07pm
Dizzywallin

quote KR_1250
MW2: UMP
quote KR_1250
I'll take out the MP40 because i played Hardcore so it didnt matter.
I never played anything but hardcore on all of the CODs until they took out stopping power. That perk made Core matches completely boring. You were at a huge disadvantage if you didn't have that perk. The UMP was never a big problem in HC games on MW2. My silenced Tar-21 took care of nearly everyone haha.

quote KR_1250
I think we have found some sensible and fair sollutions.
Agreed. In the end though, I'm happy thereare revives... After I die, usually I'm hoping for someone to revive me before I deploy. I think we all do that. There is one thing that is worse than a medic repeatedly-reviving. It's a medic who overlooks it. Sometimes I'll die in a room with 5 or 6 medics, and they won't revive me. Even If it's safe.

Feb 06, 13 at 11:29pm
KR_1250

quote Dizzywallin
The Type-95 from MW3 is the most OP gun in history haha.
Whoa, I dont even know how to guage the overpowerdness of COD guns. Loved MW2 where everything was overpowered LOL. That solved the problem.

But my contenders are:

MW2: UMP
MW3: Akimbo FMG
MW3: Type 95
WAW: MP40
B.O: AK-74u

Im gonna remove the AK-74 because they did patch it. Eventually. Plus i hated that game and stopped playing it pretty quickly. I'll take out the MP40 because i played Hardcore so it didnt matter. I'll take out the T-95 because it was patched AND its a primary. And im giving it to the Akimbo FMG's. because the wankers nerfed the shotguns which were THE ONLY dependable defence against them without patching them AND they are only bloody secondaries.

I know that saying a gun is "overpowered" is frowned upon. I'll admit that out of frustration, I have probably crossed the line a bit with the AEK.
Yeah the word "Overpowered" has just become part of the gamers language now. I find myself using it when i dont really mean it aswell. Same with "Noob". These words are starting to lose meaning to me so i find myself being lazy with them.

I think a good way of changing it up would be to make the actual revive animation last longer. Even if it was extended by a second, it would make a difference. People would think twice before constantly reviving someone in a fire-fight.
Yeah, another good idea actually. Im holding back on this point because I have been getting to pissed off with revives lately. I'd be willing to nerf it in any way LOL. But thats not fair to other players. I think we have found some sensible and fair sollutions.

Feb 06, 13 at 9:11am
Dizzywallin

quote jbh
quote KR_1250
quote jbh
Will do.

I have to ask though... If it's only good up close how is it overpowered?
I dont think anyone claimed it was totally OP.
quote KR_1250
JBH I dunno exactly "HOW" powerful it is. But i couldnt ever say it was "pretty shit". Unless it was even better before, it must have been the most OP weapon in FPS history if thats the case.
^ I took this as you saying the gun was overpowered, but yeah fair enough. For the record and on a more positive note I think that half health rule for revives is genius.
The Type-95 from MW3 is the most OP gun in history haha.

I know that saying a gun is "overpowered" is frowned upon. I'll admit that out of frustration, I have probably crossed the line a bit with the AEK. There is no denying that it is a really good gun. But not overpowered. The death-machine in Black Ops 1 was overpowered, but only because it was meant to be.

I suppose the AEK is only part of the issue. I could just be having really bad luck lately and keep running into very skilled players using it. That's not sarcasm btw. I do have bad luck in this game.

Anyways, the revive ideas are interesting. I don't think that revives should be taken out entirely, but definitely toned down a bit.

I think a good way of changing it up would be to make the actual revive animation last longer. Even if it was extended by a second, it would make a difference. People would think twice before constantly reviving someone in a fire-fight.

Feb 06, 13 at 5:01am
shavedzebra

I don't play too much nowadays but when I tried using it again a few weeks ago, it felt wrong. I used to love using it because it was the perfect weapon for me, but it definitely didn't feel like the gun I used to know and love and I was struggling to get a reasonable amount of kills with it. Had to switch to the M416 to make any progress.