Thread titleFromLast replied
Now searching...
Neoseeker Forums » » Hardware, Builds and Overclocking » first build, please help me check for compatibility » Post Reply

Note to Guests: Advertising of any kind is not allowed in these forums!If you fix your problem on your own, please post a message describing how you fixed the issue so that others with a similar problem can use your method to fix their issue.
REPLY TO A THREAD
Name:* Members, please LOGIN before posting
Email: We use this to display your Gravatar

Sign in with
Subject:*

HTML is not allowed
markup is allowed

Help with markup tags

Enabling Buttons in IE7

Smilies:
  ·all smilies here
:) :P ;) :( :| ;( :D :confused: :cool: :# :o ^_^ :colored: :thick:

Thread Recap (last 10 posts from newest to oldest)

Feb 05, 13 at 9:26am
aaron6581230

Great! Post up some pics when it's all done

Feb 05, 13 at 6:46am
enzo

quote aaron6581230
If you can get an i5 2400 or 2500 for cheaper, definitely go with that instead.

Do not go for that power supply. The eXtreme series isn't exactly known for providing the rated power. If you can, look for a Seasonic, XFX, or Corsair, even if it's lower wattage for the same price. Well worth it in the long run. Your system won't pull too much power anyway. You'll need a good quality 500W-550W at most for a single card (to keep some headroom for upgrades), and maybe a 650W-700W if you plan on going crossfire in the future.

Otherwise, pick up a Caviar Blue instead of Black if you can find it significantly cheaper. Difference in performance is not noticeable at all.

For the case, pick up the Cooler Master HAF 912 instead (it's around the same price) and then pick up a 200mm megaflow fan to put in the front. The included 2 fans, install them on the top. That should give you ample cooling if needed. You definitely do not want to buy a sickleflow if you're not picking up a fan controller. They run pretty loud.

You won't need to purchase additional wires. Everything should work together fine
Thank you! I got everything assembled already except for the graphics card, it's coming today and I will finish everything probably. Great advice!

Jan 31, 13 at 11:15am
aaron6581230

If you can get an i5 2400 or 2500 for cheaper, definitely go with that instead.

Do not go for that power supply. The eXtreme series isn't exactly known for providing the rated power. If you can, look for a Seasonic, XFX, or Corsair, even if it's lower wattage for the same price. Well worth it in the long run. Your system won't pull too much power anyway. You'll need a good quality 500W-550W at most for a single card (to keep some headroom for upgrades), and maybe a 650W-700W if you plan on going crossfire in the future.

Otherwise, pick up a Caviar Blue instead of Black if you can find it significantly cheaper. Difference in performance is not noticeable at all.

For the case, pick up the Cooler Master HAF 912 instead (it's around the same price) and then pick up a 200mm megaflow fan to put in the front. The included 2 fans, install them on the top. That should give you ample cooling if needed. You definitely do not want to buy a sickleflow if you're not picking up a fan controller. They run pretty loud.

You won't need to purchase additional wires. Everything should work together fine

Jan 31, 13 at 10:25am
enzo

Hi all,

this is my first build, although I have some experience taking apart laptops, this is my first time building a desktop. Please help me check for compatibility issues:

Intel Core i5-3570
Cooler Master Hyper 212 Evo
Sapphire Radeon HD 7850 OC 2GB
WD Caviar Black 1TB
Gigabyte GA-H77-DS3H
Cooler Master eXtreme Power Plus 700-Watt Power Supply
Corsair Vengeance 16GB 2x8GB DDR3 1600 MHz
Cooler Master Elite 430 Mid Tower Computer Case
Cooler Master SickleFlow 120mm Case Fan

Also would I need to purchase additional wires for this? For example, would I need additional molex power cable for the CPU cooler and the case fan?

Thank you very much!