Thread titleFromLast replied
Now searching...
Neoseeker Forums » » » Medal of Honor: Warfighter » EA benching Medal of Honor, still has plans for "year-over-year" shooter continuity » Post Reply

Note to Guests: For the enjoyment of other visitors, and to help keep this forum tidy and working smoothly, please make sure you search the forum before posting your question.
REPLY TO A THREAD
Name:* Members, please LOGIN before posting
Email: We use this to display your Gravatar

Sign in with
Subject:*

HTML is not allowed
markup is allowed

Help with markup tags

Enabling Buttons in IE7

Smilies:
  ·all smilies here
:) :P ;) :( :| ;( :D :confused: :cool: :# :o ^_^ :colored: :thick:

hideOriginal Post

Jan 30, 13 at 4:53pmbluexy

EA benching Medal of Honor, still has plans for "year-over-year" shooter continuity

Rory Young - Wednesday, January 30, 2013 4:53pm (PST) Like Share
"... combat authenticity did not resonate with consumers."
 Image 1

Thread Recap (last 10 posts from newest to oldest)

Feb 03, 13 at 5:16am
Antipathy

As much as I like Medal of Honor, the *bleep* up by including DICE to make the first multiplayer and then by changing to a "save the world" bullshit story in the second, instead of focussing on a single operation like Op Anaconda in the first...

I'm getting really *bleep*ing sick of these travellogue games which are simply "look these are SF they can go anywhere". There are far more interesting things that actually happen in military life without the need to go globetrotting. Operations like Rahim Kalay in Afghanistan, or the al Faw peninsula raid were pretty intense and lairy fights without the need for "save the world nonsensical bollocks"

People who migrate from CoD to more "realistic scenarios" soon hop on from MoH, and BF3 and go to Arma and Project Reality, because they are utter bollocks, as far removed from MilSims as the Sims is from Real Life. The fact that they give a reason as retarded as they show how utterly removed they are from the gamers, and instead cater to imagined plebs.

Feb 02, 13 at 3:53pm
oni_hero

That reasoning is about as backhanded as all that war Z shit lol. We are benching it because you didn't understand it/like how real it was. Not because it had two lackluster, run of the mill, generic games that both under sold and were panned by the critics. Yeah no it was our fault the games were bad.

Jan 31, 13 at 2:22pm
Peace-Child

monkey_ninjas316 To be honest, compared to 1942 and Bad Company, Battlefield 3 seemed upmost lacking. Crysis is pretty good, I'll admit, but I doubt they can bank on just that. I'm not saying that EA is completely bad with FPSs, unlike Infinity Ward and Activision now-a-days, but I really don't think it should be their point of focus.

Jan 31, 13 at 9:02am
monkey_ninjas316

quote Peace-Child
EA, did you ever think that FPSs aren't really your Forte?
Battlefield 3? Crysis?
They make some great fps games. I agree, Medal of Honor didn't have much appeal. As long as they don't make a million Battlefield sequels and spin-offs in a year, I'm happy with EA.

Jan 31, 13 at 2:05am
Peace-Child

EA, did you ever think that FPSs aren't really your Forte?

Jan 30, 13 at 7:30pm
Lorx

All I saw:
We got tired of making two franchises that aim for 'combat realism' as seen by CoD players, so we dropped one in order to make more of the other.
Eh. Not like it get many EA games these days anyway, with them locking it all to Origin and going DLC/preorder-bonus crazy.

Jan 30, 13 at 7:15pm
DedValve

We realized that Call of Duty and Battlefield are already extremely popular and that there is no room for another bland generic shooter so we are going to release yearly iterations of another bland generic shooter like we've been doing because honestly, *bleep* logic.

Jan 30, 13 at 6:59pm
bluexy

XXIV I won't defend lazy modern FPS games, but -- they're easy to make, they're easy to play, and they pull players into the experience in ways that other styles of games have to work much harder for.

Jan 30, 13 at 6:38pm
XXIV

I will never understand the fascination with FPS's by Americans. I honestly don't see the appeal in shooting someone when there are way more fun ways to kill people ;P

Jan 30, 13 at 6:19pm
Leon_Gehste

I did like Medal of Honor Warfighter, the singleplayer mostly, and I liked Medal of Honor 2010's Mulitplayer better than Warfighters, if they can make it were Danger Close made the Singleplayer and the team from Dice that made BF3 or Bad Company's multiplayer then they'll have a solid game.