Thread titleFromLast replied
Now searching...
Neoseeker Forums » » Hardware, Builds and Overclocking » G.Skill TridentX F3-2400C10Q-32GTX Review » Post Reply

Note to Guests: Advertising of any kind is not allowed in these forums!If you fix your problem on your own, please post a message describing how you fixed the issue so that others with a similar problem can use your method to fix their issue.
REPLY TO A THREAD
Name:* Members, please LOGIN before posting
Email: We use this to display your Gravatar

Sign in with
Subject:*

HTML is not allowed
markup is allowed

Help with markup tags

Enabling Buttons in IE7

Smilies:
  ·all smilies here
:) :P ;) :( :| ;( :D :confused: :cool: :# :o ^_^ :colored: :thick:

hideOriginal Post

Jan 30, 13 at 6:00amleochan

We review the 32GB quad channel memory kit release of G.Skill's flagship TridentX series, designed for Intel's 3rd Generation Core Processors (including the Core i7-3770K and Core i5-3570K) and Z77 chipset. The TridentX product lineup features quality select memory ICs to ensure high clock speeds at 1.65V, in our kit's case 2400MHz before overclocking. It even boasts a modular heatsink design to accomodate as many systems as possible.

G. Skill TridentX DDR3-2400 32GB Kit Review

Thread Recap (last 10 posts from newest to oldest)

Jan 31, 13 at 6:45pm
Cryonicstate

Yes it was the Trident X series that set the world record. Unfortunately we do not have any benchmarks with the 3770k yet.

Jan 31, 13 at 6:28pm
harbin

Just to follow up, I believe this is the RAM that set the current record for highest RAM overclock. Someone got it to just under 4000.

Do you have any benchmarks of the RAM on a CPU that doesn't bottleneck it? One problem I find letting me down on my AMD build at this moment is the limiting MC.

Jan 31, 13 at 6:03pm
Cryonicstate

The hardware used for our testbed is always listed in the reviews. For future testing I will be using the 3770k paired with an ASUS Sabertooth Z77 motherboard.

Jan 31, 13 at 11:37am
Joshua

I've never seen such FPS increases in games, not even going from 1600 to 2800Mhz. How do you guys test these ?

Secondly wouldn't it be far better to upgrade the testbed to an Ivy Bridge CPU iso the 2600K with max 2133 divider support ?

Jan 30, 13 at 12:50pm
Cryonicstate

The highest I could set the memory was 2133, anything beyond that had to be done with the bclk. On the sabertooth Z77 with a 3770k the memory can be set at 2400 or better.

Jan 30, 13 at 7:03am
harbin

Looks like a good next step for when I get around to an upgrade unless someone manages to upstage it by then.

Jan 30, 13 at 6:59am
Luis_GT

Doesn't that board allow to set the Ram speed up to 2600? My Z77 allows me to set up to that without touching the BCLK.

Still looks like a nice set of memory.

Jan 30, 13 at 6:00am
leochan

We review the 32GB quad channel memory kit release of G.Skill's flagship TridentX series, designed for Intel's 3rd Generation Core Processors (including the Core i7-3770K and Core i5-3570K) and Z77 chipset. The TridentX product lineup features quality select memory ICs to ensure high clock speeds at 1.65V, in our kit's case 2400MHz before overclocking. It even boasts a modular heatsink design to accomodate as many systems as possible.