Thread titleFromLast replied
Now searching...
Neoseeker Forums » » » » Final Fantasy Tactics » Need Advice for Modded Playthrough » Post Reply

Note to Guests: If your message involves or pertains to several games of the Final Fantasy series, and not this game specifically, please post it within the General Final Fantasy Forum instead.
REPLY TO A THREAD
Name:* Members, please LOGIN before posting
Email: We use this to display your Gravatar

Sign in with
Subject:*

HTML is not allowed
markup is allowed

Help with markup tags

Enabling Buttons in IE7

Smilies:
  ·all smilies here
:) :P ;) :( :| ;( :D :confused: :cool: :# :o ^_^ :colored: :thick:
Community Badges

Join to get access to all the badges!

Echo Grass Moogle Moogle Phoenix Down

Thread Recap (last 10 posts from newest to oldest)

Jan 29, 13 at 9:02am
AuronBlack

I've found another mod that looks like it may have potential for the type of playthrough I am looking to have. Again, it's hard to judge these when I have little memory of the game which makes me unable to really understand the changes being made. Looking at the Three Main Goals section of LFT does make it sound quite appealing though.

www.rpgdl.com/lft

So many choices, only one playthrough... Haha.

Jan 29, 13 at 8:04am
AuronBlack

The last time I played Final Fantasy Tactics was in March of 1998. I'm almost ashamed to admit that. I have been a Final Fantasy fan since the beginning and when I first tried FFT it took me completely by surprise. I had never played a strategy game like it before and I really enjoyed the experience. Sadly the disc I had got too scratched and froze often so it was put aside, but it was not forgotten. After all these years it still pops into my mind from time to time and now it is finally the moment where I give this another playthrough. So I ask of the FFT community that still amazingly lives on, what do you recommend for the maximum enjoyment of a novice player?

Keep in mind I am no master of FFT or strategy games in general (the only other one I ever played was Front Mission). I don't mind a bit of a challenge (which I seem to remember FFT providing me back in the day) but I'm not so sure mind-crushing difficulty would be an enjoyable single playthrough experience for me.

I looked around a bit and saw that there are some mods out there that sound very appealing. Here's what I think are the best options for a run:

Final Fantasy Tactics 1.3 - Lots of interesting fixes and additions, but has an insane difficulty that is meant for people who have mastered much of the mechanics of FFT. It sounds like rather than just being able to try wild party combinations and have them still work, you instead need to find the one solution to certain battles. Doesn't sound fun to a more casual player like myself.

Final Fantasy Tactics 1.3 Content - Has a lot of the changes above but without the crushing difficulty. Probably a good choice for a new run by a novice player.

FFT 1.3 PSX EasyType (ffhacktics.com/smf/index.php?topic=3952.0) - I think this is somewhat similar to 1.3 Content but seems to have some differences too. I don't know enough about FFT having now played it in 15 years to understand it all though.

FFT 1.3 PSX Complete EasyType (same link as above) - This is the one I am leaning towards due to it also having a fresh translation. If I remember right from all those years ago the translation was quite poor and some things were difficult to follow. Unlike most players at this point I am actually very interested in the story since I don't remember much so it would be great to get the best translation possible.

So based on what I've said above, what would some of you experienced FFT players recommend to me? If there is an option I have missed please let me know. Keep in mind that I would prefer to play this on PSX if possible unless the best option by far for me is on another platform. Thanks a lot!