Thread titleFromLast replied
Now searching...
Neoseeker Forums » » » » World of Warcraft » Playing with your partner? » Post Reply

Note to Guests: For the enjoyment of other visitors, and to help keep this forum tidy and working smoothly, please make sure you search the forum before posting your question.
REPLY TO A THREAD
Name:* Members, please LOGIN before posting
Email: We use this to display your Gravatar

Sign in with
Subject:*

HTML is not allowed
markup is allowed

Help with markup tags

Enabling Buttons in IE7

Smilies:
  ·all smilies here
:) :P ;) :( :| ;( :D :confused: :cool: :# :o ^_^ :colored: :thick:

hideOriginal Post

Jan 29, 13 at 5:44amHugh

Recently I started playing World of Warcraft once again and my girlfriend, lone behold surprised me by not only showing an interest, but actually accepting my offer to recruit her as a friend and begin leveling with her!

I wouldn't say she's a massive gamer; to be honest she doesn't play them much at all - this being the reason I was quite surprised when she showed such an interest in it.

So all I really want to know is, who plays with their partner? And if so, answer a few of these questions:
  • How long has she played it?
  • Does she actually seem to enjoy it?
  • Is she a boyfriend/girlfriend, fiance, or are you married?
  • How old are you both (or your partner at least)?
  • What class/race are they (I'm expecting a specific one )?

I'm possibly more surprised as it's a female, and females are stereotyped as not only disliking games, but definitely not going near things like World of Warcraft.

Anyway, fire away with your responses!

Thread Recap (last 10 posts from newest to oldest)

Jul 02, 13 at 5:58pm
bionics

I tried getting my girlfriend to play WoW once -- she spent about 45 minutes on the character creation screen. Her enthusiasm level was probably among the highest I've ever seen for her towards a video game.

After making her human female priest as meticulously as she could... she began playing the game. She quickly lost interest after she had to stab the fifteenth kobold in the heart for a candle drop. Guess some people just weren't born for the grind, eh?

BTW, I shall try again one day to get her to play. Oh yes, one day!

Apr 13, 13 at 10:21pm
BluePhoenix

quote Slayerholic17
I'm a female and I play WoW...and both guys I have been with since playing have not played at all.

I wish my boyfriend would play with me but WoW is not his kind of game.

A friend of mine and her boyfriend play together all the time. They are both 27, she's been playing with him for about 3 years now, and started playing because he got her into it. It's super cute, they have two desks and their computers set up right next to each other and they raid together and everything. Super freaking cute. Makes me jealous.
Ha yeah i know a couple like that, about to get married and both play WoW together its really quite impressive because they love the game as much as they do each other.

Apr 13, 13 at 3:15am
jacksonbird03

It is really great to play with the partner....

Apr 12, 13 at 6:36pm
Slayerholic17

I'm a female and I play WoW...and both guys I have been with since playing have not played at all.

I wish my boyfriend would play with me but WoW is not his kind of game.

A friend of mine and her boyfriend play together all the time. They are both 27, she's been playing with him for about 3 years now, and started playing because he got her into it. It's super cute, they have two desks and their computers set up right next to each other and they raid together and everything. Super freaking cute. Makes me jealous.

Apr 01, 13 at 10:44pm
heartache

Of course it's great if they both are interested in it. In the other way it don't have any sense

Apr 01, 13 at 8:27am
harhis23

quote heartache
It's really great playing with your partner
Playing this game with your partner is great but that is if and only if the both of you have common interest on it. Yes, only a few women are in to games like this but those who've tried it once will definitely love to play more and do it over and over.

I have a great time playing Warcraft with my wife, especially when I introduced her to DOTA and that's when she started playing and loving it, so far.

Mar 09, 13 at 1:59pm
Misato

If I had a partner who played World of Warcraft I would probably start playing again. I was a Human priest who race changed over to Goblin, so they would need to be on the Horde and preferably either DPS or a tank because I spec'd Holy.

Feb 26, 13 at 10:45pm
ec4all

Yes, it is really to play together with your partner (you always have someone to abuse )
I think a relationship is hard to maintain when you like to play alot while your partner wants to go out all the time

Feb 26, 13 at 10:35pm
heartache

It's really great playing with your partner

Feb 22, 13 at 4:36am
BluePhoenix

I've played with a partner before. Not together now but we still play together and such.