Thread titleFromLast replied
Now searching...
Neoseeker Forums » » ReQuests, Feedback and Suggestions » [Suggestion] Post/Edit History. » Post Reply

Note to Guests: This forum is only for issues related to neoseeker.com. Please, do not post questions related to games. RFS is for site related discussion. If you require gaming help, check the forum directory here and search for the correct forum.
REPLY TO A THREAD
Name:* Members, please LOGIN before posting
Email: We use this to display your Gravatar

Sign in with
Subject:*

HTML is not allowed
markup is allowed

Help with markup tags

Enabling Buttons in IE7

Smilies:
  ·all smilies here
:) :P ;) :( :| ;( :D :confused: :cool: :# :o ^_^ :colored: :thick:

hideOriginal Post

Jan 27, 13 at 7:09pmazavier

Seriously, I have encountered like 4 glitches that have set me back a total of 2 days, due to not having a saved record of the posts. Like just recently, in a roleplay of mine, a huge chunk at the end of the post is just randomly missing. Gone. Nothing I can do about it. But if I had a Post/Edit History feature, I could look up the past versions of the post, copy it, then paste it into the post, and edit it back to the way it was. See how useful that would be?

Now in cases of privacy or not wanting people to see past versions, either have it where you can set forum preferences to where others can't see the Post/Edit history, or where it is that way by default, so only you can see the Post/Edit History.

Thread Recap (last 10 posts from newest to oldest)

Jan 29, 13 at 1:21am
Aurora

This would be helpful, but not helpful enough to justify it, IMO. It's a nice idea, though.

Jan 28, 13 at 8:39pm
walnuts

quote azavier
quote walnuts
Man, I'd imagine the resources to implement that sitewide would be freaking huge D:
It's been half a year since I used gamefaqs.com, but it did exactly what I am suggesting when I used it. So it's not like it's not doable. But I guess I'll do what you or Dynamite suggested.
Of course it's doable - no-one said it wasn't. I just expressed my concern that it would use up far too many resources than it was worth, potentially to the detriment of the site.

Jan 28, 13 at 8:21pm
azavier

quote walnuts
Man, I'd imagine the resources to implement that sitewide would be freaking huge D:
It's been half a year since I used gamefaqs.com, but it did exactly what I am suggesting when I used it. So it's not like it's not doable. But I guess I'll do what you or Dynamite suggested.

Jan 28, 13 at 5:41pm
walnuts

Yeah, don't support. If you're struggling with bits of post missing for long RP's, maybe type them up in a word processor program, and then copy+paste when you're ready to post? That way you'd ALWAYS have a copy of what you've written, and then it's a simple case of copy+paste when there's errors.

Just my two cents.

Jan 28, 13 at 5:36am
Dynamite

So, essentially you're asking for a Wiki-style history system for individual posts? I think the use cases for that are quite limited and it would require quite substantial overhaul to the methods used to store posts currently. What I would recommend, however, is checking out the Lazarus Firefox addon which is capable of storing data input into forms (such as post boxes) and recalling text from them. I've found it incredibly useful for recovering data in scenarios which I'd have otherwise lost posts.

Jan 27, 13 at 7:09pm
azavier

Seriously, I have encountered like 4 glitches that have set me back a total of 2 days, due to not having a saved record of the posts. Like just recently, in a roleplay of mine, a huge chunk at the end of the post is just randomly missing. Gone. Nothing I can do about it. But if I had a Post/Edit History feature, I could look up the past versions of the post, copy it, then paste it into the post, and edit it back to the way it was. See how useful that would be?

Now in cases of privacy or not wanting people to see past versions, either have it where you can set forum preferences to where others can't see the Post/Edit history, or where it is that way by default, so only you can see the Post/Edit History.